What's new

U4 4900 RZR build

I don’t know if YouTube even has a vid. But look up “Britney Spears” area BFE UTAH. We have to race on that. My crawler on 40’s struggles on that trail, a SXS in any configuration is not meant for Britney Spears.

Last edited:
I don’t if YouTube even has a vid. But look up “Britney Spears” area BFE UTAH. We have to race on that. My crawler on 40’s struggles on that trail, a SXS in any configuration is not meant for Britney Spears.
You can do it! :grinpimp:

I bet it would be cheaper to fix and less damaging to just let it roll out of the trailer on the highway. That is NOT a race course!

Good luck!

Last edited:
Well my co driver and I ran a whole lap at bfe in less time than that video was filmed. We’ll see Saturday morning how we stack up with the crowd. We blipped right through Britney Spears pre running but have to see how we do under green flag race conditions. The track definitely isn’t a “race course” but it’s the track we get to run on. If I can keep my calm the co-driver will never have to get out. But it won’t take much of a mistake to put a SXS upside down in the middle of the course.

Currently there’s 17 registered entrants in UTV. Including Travis Zolinger of ZRP performance racing. Daniel Marrkley of MBRP racing etc. we qualify tomorrow and I’ll let you know how we faired our.

Any of the factory Honda Talons registered? They are easy to spot..... Just look for the kids taking selfies and posting on FB and IG instead of concentrating on "racing" the fucking cars.

Honda did themselves no justice picking those idiots to represent the factory.

Qualified 14th out of 20. Running at 10:00 am tomorrow morning. I know I’m slow, still learning how to drive a golf cart.

Sweet build. I've been debating racing our canned ham, it's so easy to get a sxs race legal that it's tempting. Good luck at BFE.

Qualified 14th out of 20. Running at 10:00 am tomorrow morning. I know I’m slow, still learning how to drive a golf cart.

Well howd you do. Havent had a chance to watch it yet. Car stay together for you? Is bfe back open for wheeling now or was it just for this event?

It’s a rough place to race and hard on rigs with such small tires. I had told my co-driver when JT put out the teaser that we had to do Britney Spears, that if we had to do it we were going to park it and take a DNS. They made it a “joker” trail where you just had to do it once in 4 laps and any lap of your choosing. We did it on our first lap because no one else was in it and I figured that the rig wasn’t going to get in better shape from there. We had to pull it with the winch and I took bad line coming down. The wheels pulled the steering wheel out of my hands and took it violently to full right lock and wiped the steering rack out. I could still steer but if I pushed it to fast I couldn’t control it. So we just drove it at what it would allow without finishing breaking the rack.

It was fun and a good learning experience. Cole Clark ran sub 25 minute laps to my 40 minute laps. So now on top of needing a bigger badder rack I need bigger badder shocks. But the rest of it held up good. Still feels pretty solid, no drive belt issues. Now I gotta figure out how to go faster.

Last edited:
It’s a rough place to race and hard on rigs with such small tires. I had told my co-driver when JT put out the teaser that we had to do Britney Spears, that if we had to do it we were going to park it and take a DNS. They made it a “joker” trail where you just had to do it once in 4 laps and any lap of your choosing. We did it on our first lap because no one else was in it and I figured that the rig wasn’t going to get in better shape from there. We had to pull it with the winch and I took bad line coming down. The wheels pulled the steering wheel out of my hands and took it violently to full right lock and wiped the steering rack out. I could still steer but if I pushed it to fast I couldn’t control it. So we just drove it at what it would allow without finishing breaking the rack.

It was fun and a good learning experience. Cole Clark ran sub 25 minute laps to my 40 minute laps. So now on top of needing a bigger badder rack I need bigger badder shocks. But the rest of it held up good. Still feels pretty solid, no drive belt issues. Now I gotta figure out how to go faster.

Sounds like you had a good time. Glad to hear you finished thats big :smokin: Im sure after you get some more seat time your lap times will go down. Good job man. Living the dream for sure.

Last edited:
What are you running for shocks now, and what constitutes bigger and badder? Are you allowed multiple shocks per corner?

I just recently read about some kind of stabilizer setup for the Polaris. From the sounds of it, it cures exactly what you described. Maybe that stabilizer and another stock rack would do the trick?

They are the little walker Evans shocks. I put Turbo S suspension on it but didn’t change shocks. No limit, you can run whatever you want. I’ve got a shock Jesus that I’ll be reaching out to for advice.

As for steering, I’m going to search around and find whatever I think is the most bomb proof upgrade. I’m not even going to consider another stock rack.

photo24674.jpg
I’m getting sick of every time I drive it having to strip the front to a bare chassis. Everything I just did putting the front diff in has to come off/out so I can get the steering rack out.

Last edited:
I’m getting sick of every time I drive it having to strip the front to a bare chassis. Everything I just did putting the front diff in has to come off/out so I can get the steering rack out.

Welcome to owning a golf cart. You buy one because they're "ready to go" only to find out they break more than a clapped out toyota or Sami :flipoff2:

Welcome to owning a golf cart. You buy one because they're "ready to go" only to find out they break more than a clapped out toyota or Sami :flipoff2:

Not that I could “race” the tracker. But I look at that thing and think how little I’ve had to touch it for the sheer amount of abuse I put it through week in week out. This will be the 4th time if had the front torn down to the bare frame and I’ve raced it twice.

As soon as you start calling something a "racecar" the amount of time and money you have to throw at it to have fun doubles or triples. Ive spent thousands of dollars and many hours at the shop getting my car ready to race and still haven't driven it in its current configuration.

Would I change anything knowing what i know now about racing golfcarts....

NOT A FUCKING CHANCE!

:smokin:

Not that I could “race” the tracker. But I look at that thing and think how little I’ve had to touch it for the sheer amount of abuse I put it through week in week out. This will be the 4th time if had the front torn down to the bare frame and I’ve raced it twice.

Ya, I get it, not a fair comparison. Just giving you shit.

Now a tracker spec racing class sounds like a blast :grinpimp:

Ya, I get it, not a fair comparison. Just giving you shit.

Now a tracker spec racing class sounds like a blast :grinpimp:

No offense taken. I’m almost out of Polaris parts to replace at this point. Just having that “they were right” moment. I thought I could beat the curve by going all out on the known failure points. So far I’m just finding more failure points and the money is running out.

No offense taken. I’m almost out of Polaris parts to replace at this point. Just having that “they were right” moment. I thought I could beat the curve by going all out on the known failure points. So far I’m just finding more failure points and the money is running out.

Well hopefully you can get to the point where it gets a little more reliable. The good thing about the rzr's is pretty much anything you can think of aftermarket wise, already exists.

As far as I know you can change drivers during the race. Your Dad wouldn't drive the golf cart for a few hours? It would be good practice for KOH. :laughing:

If I had another driver or two that I trusted to drive my car and some sort of pit crew, I would be all over that 12hr Enduro race. $20,000 to win the pro class isn't to shabby. :smokin:

As far as I know you can change drivers during the race. Your Dad wouldn't drive the golf cart for a few hours? It would be good practice for KOH. :laughing:

If I had another driver or two that I trusted to drive my car and some sort of pit crew, I would be all over that 12hr Enduro race. $20,000 to win the pro class isn't to shabby. :smokin:

I have about 600 miles behind the wheel of a talon :flipoff2:

photo25905.jpg
photo25906.jpg
I was really hoping NOT to see this diff for a long time. I’m sick of pulling the radiators out of it every time I drive it.

Last edited:
photo25908.jpg
photo25909.jpg
photo25910.jpg
Not exactly sure why but the balljoint end broached one side of the rack, and let the bushing for that end come out of the housing. Once that bushing wasn’t in its spot the rest of the rack ate itself. The steel shaft wiggles inside of the cast aluminum housing a ton. We gaped the aluminum housing with the steel shaft. The hex you see on the rack body side is supposed to by cylindrical and symmetrical, and the hex can only get pulled into that side at full right lock just like where I remember the bad event happening to it.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh