What's new

U4-4400 Crandon Event Cancelled after Red Flag on First Lap

This came across my fb feed, only info I’ve seen and it should probably be considered rumor quality. It’s got me worried about some folks I consider friends.

Definitely can’t be good, no matter what it is.

I had it on in the background for a while until I had to turn it off. Miles can fuck a blender, he's ok on KOH but he talks over his co-host and just keeps talking especially when he has nothing to say. :homer:

Bad news last night. I’d like to implore everyone to wait for the family of a couple racers to get to process some bad bad news before people who aren’t affected start demanding answers.

Please….

Today’s going to be filled with a bunch of bull shit from people who don’t have anything to do with Ultra4. Don’t be one of them.

Bad news last night. I’d like to implore everyone to wait for the family of a couple racers to get to process some bad bad news before people who aren’t affected start demanding answers.

Please….

Today’s going to be filled with a bunch of bull shit from people who don’t have anything to do with Ultra4. Don’t be one of them.
Man the wording of this is carefully selected and hate reading that too.

Sorry if I came off that way. Just wanted to relay what seems to be known.
I’m not accusing anyone of anything yet. Your fine, totally fine to ask. Unfortunately there are families needing to be informed of things before the facts can rightfully be shared publicly.

We’ve seen people on here need to be the “you heard it here first” folks and sharing screenshots of vague uninformed conversations. After the Levi Shirley in Mexico thing I’m just trying to keep it from becoming that.

Race in peace Zandy Willems

D3429474-DC9A-4836-82A6-12CD20F621F8.jpeg

Thanks for the update... my sincerest condolences go out to the driver's family, friends, and team.

Man that sucks to read. Rufus was one of the first teams we met and befriended as spectators at the Kentucky and Tennessee races. Whole team was super friendly, welcoming, and fun to be around.

Zandy will be remembered fondly in our household for those reasons plus being so excited at the last Tennessee race that our son was coming to watch the races. He insisted that we let him sit in their cars for pictures and required us to join their team for supper and breakfast.

Will be greatly missed.

I’d like to see some pics of him racing and with his team prepping over the years. Those are the good times.

:frown:

Thoughts with his family and team.

There were other people hurt, it was such a wild wreck. Paul Horschel had an ambulance visit. Rusty Blylers co driver got knocked unconscious. There were at least two flight for life copters, one for Zandy, not sure who the other ones were. There were ambulances coming and going for most the night.

I wouldn’t hold out hope for pics of the carnage. Crandon has complete control of the track at all times. It was dark anyway but As soon as they realized how bad Zandy’s car was they parked a motor grader in the way of what was going on. The racing is supposed to resume today

Do you know where it happened at?

Deepest sympathies to all involved. I wanted so badly to make it to Crandon this year. Mixed emotions on how I feel about missing it now. I’m not sure I’d want to jump back in my car right after that. I’m not sure how I feel about jumping in my bro lite for a test and tune this afternoon.

I hope there’s something we can all learn from this from a safety perspective, someday.
That track scared me the first time I was there. It’s a monster.

Race in peace, Zandy. My heart is with his family, race family, friends, and those on scene.

I’d like to see some pics of him racing and with his team prepping over the years. Those are the good times.

:frown:

Thoughts with his family and team.
I’ll dig through my pictures from the races and post some soon.

Was talking with one of his crew guys this morning who summed him up this way.

“Zandy had such a passion for the sport, other racers, and the spectators. We learned several years ago at KOH, from Jason Scherer, it is not a race unless you are in it. This made a big impact on our team and Zandy carried that philosophy to help any one out, even our competition. Ultra 4 has created a family and we are all truly lucky to have met some great people.

Zandy will be missed.”

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh