What's new

" Tune" to delete cats?

The sparkplug anti foulers work. You have to double them up so the sensor is out of the stream.
Your front O2's constantly switch lean/rich, if the rear O2's see that switching the computer know the convertors aren't working, in other words the rear O2's need to see a flatline or it sets P0430 and P0420

You can just buy 02 simulators for cheap money. Plug them in under the truck and go. Don't have to mess with pulling the old sensors out. I know for a fact the cat monitor will literally complete itself as soon as the monitor is able to run. Only worry is passing visual inspection if the tech sees them plugged in. Way easier then programming an ECM.

Doesn't work with GM, GM will occasionally send excessive fuel through just to make sure the rear o2 sensors catch it. I had some of those simulators on my truck (98 vortec 454), took me a while to figure out why it still kept tripping the code for the rear sensors about every third time I'd drive it. I ended up just putting the sensors back in it like they normally would be, never had another problem with it. Don't think the newer computers would let you get away with that though.

Damn that's a bummer. I ran one on an XJ 4.0 with no issues. I know systems with wide band up streams use the downstream to calibrate them or perform some type of check. Didn't know the GM application did the same.

We'll go back to Plan A 🤣

Top Back Refresh