What's new

Trunnion bearing setup tool

So you're gonna drill out the pot metal arms?!
Fuck that, order up some new arms, they'll be just fine. I know you have a soft spot in your heart for trailmart :flipoff2:

Seriously though, I've had zero issues with their arms

Reactions: Clb
Looks like Sky offroad made in.....

:usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:
I swear the laws of physics don't apply here:shaking:, ho lle crap...
Now to get a call in...

You could have early cast arms. Just because it’s forged doesn’t mean it won’t deform. I assume you set your purse down when using the hammer. I would stick with Toyota rod ends but I’m a purist.

It looks like the old TRE looks better than the new one, what does the inside of the arm look. is it galled like the TRE is not seating? And is the circle imprint on the arm from the TRE bottoming out. Also has the castle nut always run down past the hole You mentioned needing a washer. I ended up drilling mine out and run Heims and misalignment washers and have not looked back.

What torque value are you using?

On the hardness of the arms, It seems like the hammer always leaves a mark on the arm.

Seems like the TRE's would be harder than the arms.

I also may have a set of arms I pulled off when I went to another set up. Unknown condition, but I had no issue when I pulled them.

None of this is any help, just an observation.

:lmao:

Aisin
Right next to this
KIMG0239.JPG

Last edited:
Thus far the inside of the tre looks good .
The ring on top is the rubber boot rubbing on it.

edit Looking at it, it looks like a second contact ring on the top..
gunna pull the boot and see.

The ring on the bottom+-1/8" wide is the file work to flatten the pull thru.
once the sky product gets here we will take a better look to see if it was loose enough to get sloppy or if it was over bored out...
Thanx guys

Last edited:
Ever since I did hydro assist I've never even had a hint death wobble. and thats with 37" Iroks

Both of my rigs are heim joints and Hydro assist, and the Hydro is basically a giant stabilizer.
one's on 35 Iroks and the daily driver is on old 37 MTR's

I had hydro on the taco, that does hold the wheels in place well.

This junk is a d.d. And as I just put it back in service am in the ongoing "shakedown period" this is the first issue with something, after the smog got done and I got it on the road. This is one of a small # of things I paid to have done.
So far one wire went out and this.
So doing hydro is not in the cards this year.
still shaking out the switch to 35" tires:flipoff2:
I'm sure steering is in my future work list,right after the stock pump mods 1-3 are done (if their still out there Canada:flipoff:) for free I will try them I guess, already did mod #1.
The rest of the system seems good, but only gotten out on 2 trails so far with it!
asin
these are the same rod ends I put on years ago and have had no issue's with them.
the failure IS the arm.
it is possible I tightened the replacement tre down to point of contact on the arm last go round (I hope I didn't miss something like that tho) it looks like that happened.:grinpimp:
Using torque spec'd in the fsm each time so as to not have a loose fastener.
this tre did not need a washer the first time, the second it seems it was fine, the swap out what I thought was a bad part resulted in the suck thru past the washer and bottom out of spherical socket on arm.
The answer is new :usa: product this time.

Brb

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh