What's new

Trijicon scopes

Roc Doc

2A SNBI
Member Number
Loc
Way out West.
I have a couple ACOG's and they're awesome, especially with the large exit pupil and I've got good faith in the company, but don't know anyone that is using their rifle scopes, specifically the Credo 2-10x36mm First Focal Plane Riflescope with Red MRAD Precision Tree reticle?

Needs;

FFP
MRAD
Side focus
Christmas tree style reticle
Bigger objective than the usual 24mm tactical scope.

This is for a 10x limited AR class shoot.

Trijicon Credo™ 2-10x36 Tactical Rifle Scope | Trijicon®

Think that scope is probably above the budget of a lot of the OSR crowd, myself included. Trijicon scopes are generally reliable and track well, however their glass isn’t top notch compared to stuff like the higher end Leupold’s, Zeiss, Swaro, etc.

I mention that because I’ve heard about stuff in rifle competitions where they obscure targets, have no contrast with the background, and do all sorts of stuff to make it harder.

I don’t really know of many other options that have all the tactical features as well as a 10x max zoom, besides the Mark 4 3.5-10’s.

I don’t really know of many other options that have all the tactical features as well as a 10x max zoom, besides the Mark 4 3.5-10’s.
Nightforce 2.5-10x42
x32
x24

but those are SFP, i believe. i dont really like a FFP on a scope that goes down to 2x, the reticle is damn near unusable.

Burris Veracity 2-10x42 FFP

There may be others, but the Credo is a good compromise.

Nightforce 2.5-10x42
x32
x24

but those are SFP, i believe. i dont really like a FFP on a scope that goes down to 2x, the reticle is damn near unusable.

Burris Veracity 2-10x42 FFP

There may be others, but the Credo is a good compromise.

Yeah I looked at the NF, but no FFP in that line. The only SFP scope I have is on my AR that I use in 3-gun. It's the ACSS reticle from primary arms and I turn on the illumination and use it like a reddot, but if we have targets out past 100, then I dial it up to 6x and use the BDC so it works well that way, but in PRS I can see wanting to use something other than max magnification so FFP makes more sense, and a proper mil reticle is more useful than BDC.

I can get the Credo for a good price, so might just give it a shot.

Think that scope is probably above the budget of a lot of the OSR crowd, myself included. Trijicon scopes are generally reliable and track well, however their glass isn’t top notch compared to stuff like the higher end Leupold’s, Zeiss, Swaro, etc.

I mention that because I’ve heard about stuff in rifle competitions where they obscure targets, have no contrast with the background, and do all sorts of stuff to make it harder.

Do they even sell that Mark 4 to the public? I didn't see it on their website.

Do they even sell that Mark 4 to the public? I didn't see it on their website.

they did about 10-15 years ago. That scope has been discontinued for a while and was SFP. it was basically on the Mk12

they did about 10-15 years ago. That scope has been discontinued for a while and was SFP. it was basically on the Mk12
:beer:

I'm really digging my Mark 5HD that I've got on the Gay Tiger now. 7-35, so when I go to 20 or so it's still got a big exit pupil. Was able to see targets through the mirage that others were having trouble finding.

Ended up with a US Optics Chicom TS 3-12x 44mm. It's super compact, has a decent reticle and good feeling turrets. No zero stop, and only 5 mils per revolution, so I'll have to pay attention and make sure I zero after every stage, but for $350 it's good deal. Passed tracking test, and will shoot it for distance on Saturday. US Optics TS 3-12x42mm Non-Illuminated FFP MHR Reticle .1mrad TS-12X-MHR

Ended up with a US Optics Chicom TS 3-12x 44mm. It's super compact, has a decent reticle and good feeling turrets. No zero stop, and only 5 mils per revolution, so I'll have to pay attention and make sure I zero after every stage, but for $350 it's good deal. Passed tracking test, and will shoot it for distance on Saturday. US Optics TS 3-12x42mm Non-Illuminated FFP MHR Reticle .1mrad TS-12X-MHR
Are they really importing them from china? My how far USO has fallen.

I've got a spare 1.8-10 Sn-3 that I could use as a baton and still hold zero an infinite amount of removals from the gun. They used to be an overbuilt, heavy, bulletproof optic

Are they really importing them from china? My how far USO has fallen.

I've got a spare 1.8-10 Sn-3 that I could use as a baton and still hold zero an infinite amount of removals from the gun. They used to be an overbuilt, heavy, bulletproof optic
I know. It's sad, but maybe it didn't work out for them and these are closeouts. I was seriously looking at the B25 a couple years ago and talked to them at SHOT, and dude freely admitted that his job was to fix returns. Got a great deal on a Vortex Razor II and stopped looking at USO.

It's an AR match tomorrow and with factory Privi Partisan 75g Match rounds it's 5.22 mils out to the farthest target 655yds. So one full rotation plus two clicks. :smokin:

:beer:

I'm really digging my Mark 5HD that I've got on the Gay Tiger now. 7-35, so when I go to 20 or so it's still got a big exit pupil. Was able to see targets through the mirage that others were having trouble finding.

Exit pupil is just the objective divided by the magnification.
My 5-25x56 has the exact same exit as your 7-35x56 between 7x and 25x.
Funny thing. The stupid twilight ratings are the same thing. They don't actually tell you anything useful.

I think the 7-35 should be a 60-65mm objective, but that would really limit the ring choices for anything without an adjustable comb.

You can see through the mirage better because the optical coatings and lenses are better quality than the comparison. I was looking through a ZCO 5-27 and a S&B 5-25 pmii next to a mark 5 5-25 and Mark 6 3-18 the other day. They could all see through the mirage and into the shadows. The zco was the best by a very slight margin, while the mark 6 was the worst with very dull colors in general.
Then I looked through a vortex viper and laughed my ass off. Couldn't see half the steel that the others had zero issue with.

It's an AR match tomorrow and with factory Privi Partisan 75g Match rounds it's 5.22 mils out to the farthest target 655yds. So one full rotation plus two clicks. :smokin:
It worked well. On all stages except one, just dialed for the closest targets and held for the rest. I did dial for the 655 target, but the rest just used the reticle. Did well, didn't win my class but did take third. For $350 I think it was worth it, it should hold up since it's on a heavy ass .223.

It worked well. On all stages except one, just dialed for the closest targets and held for the rest. I did dial for the 655 target, but the rest just used the reticle. Did well, didn't win my class but did take third. For $350 I think it was worth it, it should hold up since it's on a heavy ass .223.
In the Venn diagram of shooters, does your competition group intersect at all with Ian or Russell or Karl's group? They are all in AZ and the 2GACMs do look fun, and yet demanding, on my monitor. Prolly more difficult than I imagine...

In the Venn diagram of shooters, does your competition group intersect at all with Ian or Russell or Karl's group? They are all in AZ and the 2GACMs do look fun, and yet demanding, on my monitor. Prolly more difficult than I imagine...
I've only been in the shooting community here for about 3years, so I don't know any of those names. They might be more of the 3G crowd and I don't do that often.

This particular match was designed to help 2G and 3G shooters improve their longer range skills. They're used to moving and blasting targets at short range, but stick a steel target out at 400 and they fall apart, so Tony had seen some of our bolt-gun PRS matches and he decided it would be a fun alternative and a good skill builder...and you don't have to tape targets. But they put you in fucked up positions, and usually you have to move to a different prop at some point, or at least to another position. Viking walls, ladders, corrugated pipes, a chain supported platform that swung, railroad ties sunk into the ground at different heights, etc.

The first match was hilarious as the whining and complaining about, "I can't even see the targets", "You mean WAY out there?, and Tony didn't limit the magazine capacity, so guys were showing up with 60 round mags and just blasting till they got a hit. Now it's much more like a traditional PRS match, with hit-to-move-on and 20 round mag capacity max, for 8-12 hits and 90 second par times. Spinners, poppers, KYL, etc., it's all new to them so I usually squad mom, but it's like herding kittens and I usually have to explain the stage several times, but they're coming around and some of them are getting good and regularly beat me. Rob Leatham got his ass handed to him at first, but he tied for first at this last match...cream rising to the top and all that. It's hell fun, and of course there's lots of shit talking.

Two divisions;

Any caliber that works in a AR15 platform. Most 556/223, some .224 Valkrye, a few 6.5 Grendel, and me and a couple others shoot 6mm ARC.

or

Any caliber that works in a AR10 platform. Have only seen .308 or 6.5CM Edit; Travis ran a 6GT gas gun yesterday, but he had some problems with it probably related to how much jump.

Open class is just that, any gear, any optic.
Restricted is up to 10x optic, bipod and only one bag at a time.
Heavy metal is open class AR10 platform
Limited 1x optic, red dot, etc. No bipod. 1 bag.

Last edited:
Very interesting, and thanks... Apologies, the names I "dropped" are Ian McCollum (Forgotten Weapons), Karl Kasarda (inRangeTV) and Russell Phagan (pro shooter near as I can tell). Anyway, they post up a great many 2GACM match videos held in AZ and from my chair in front of the monitor it looks easy. I'm sure I would par out of every stage in real life, though. Can you tell us how much it costs to enter one of the matches you participate in and can anyone join or is a "secret handshake" necessary? Not to worry, I don't live near AZ, just curious...

Very interesting, and thanks... Apologies, the names I "dropped" are Ian McCollum (Forgotten Weapons), Karl Kasarda (inRangeTV) and Russell Phagan (pro shooter near as I can tell). Anyway, they post up a great many 2GACM match videos held in AZ and from my chair in front of the monitor it looks easy. I'm sure I would par out of every stage in real life, though. Can you tell us how much it costs to enter one of the matches you participate in and can anyone join or is a "secret handshake" necessary? Not to worry, I don't live near AZ, just curious...
$25-$40 is pretty common for a local 'club' match. A national level two day match with be $200 or so, but will include a good prize table, and they usually let the competitors that didn't place have access after the prizes for the various classes have been given out. Some top matches you have to qualify for by winning or placing or accumulating points in lower level matches, but the ones I shoot are open to anyone and usually fill up fast.

Talking PRS here, the bolt-gun matches are 9 stages with squads of 8, so that's 72 shooters, and the AR comps are 5 stages with 10 shooter squads. 2G and 3G are similar, you can register online usually via practiscore.com, and pay cash at the event or some will allow online payment. Usually 5 or more stages, and everyone on the squad is expected to help tape up paper targets or reset steel targets, run the shot timer or enter scores into the tablet. You can also just go observe a match if you want.

Top Back Refresh