What's new

Trigger finger... I'm guessing?

Deleted Member

So for about 5 years or so now I had noticed on the left hand my middle finger will get stuck at times in the curled position. Typically at night and in the morning especially. Occasionally I have had to pry the finger back to the extended position. :laughing: Doesn't really hurt or anything... left hand is definitely the worse, but now I am sort of getting it in the right hand, middle finger also. Am I giving the bird to often? I am sort of ambidextrous, but favor the right hand if that makes a difference. For a long time I assumed the knuckle was going bad or something, but the same type of thing in my right had me scouring he net for a bit and trigger finger/s is the best I can see it being. Anyone else deal with this, or have a home remedy they can share?

Last edited by a moderator:
How’s your water intake? I’ve had this happen from dehydration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you broken those knuckles before?

I busted my right hand up good a couple of times, but the right hand I only busted the pinky knuckle on... the whole finger got pretty mashed and need 5 stitches, bone broken below the knuckle. Left hand hasn't had any real trauma or anything.

I did however work in an office setting for about ten years as a tech writer... I am seeing now that typing contributes, but never had any issues with carpel tunnel or anything.

How’s your water intake? I’ve had this happen from dehydration.

I don't drink nearly enough water most times... it's freaking arid here too, so it is hard to keep track of. Oddly enough since you mention it now, today I haven't really noticed it as much and I did drink a lot more water than usual! Been working outdoors all day and was chugging the agua.

Needs to be amputated. Dont stop at the finger or the hand. Go all the way from the shoulder so it doesnt spread to your pecker, flecker.

Hah!

Er ma gawd! That's hillarious! :homer:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Pecker still worky. :flipoff2:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Back in 2018 I had this exact thing happen, ring finger / left hand. I'd link my pirate thread but I can't get into that forum right now, for some reason. Only mine was the opposite, it was sort of stuck in the extended position, having lots of difficulty closing it. I might have some pics on this phone from when I did some research on it. I used a splint for several weeks, about 2 months. It healed itself with almost no motion for that duration, but the tendonitis that has resulted is caused by the inflamed _____ stopping fluid movement of tendons from the nodules that formed.

_____ is a term that escapes me right now. :laughing:

:laughing:

Last edited:
Back in 2018 I had this exact thing happen, ring finger / left hand. Only it was the opposite, mine was sort if stuck in the extended position, having difficulty closing it. I might have some pics on this phone from when I did some research on it. I use a splint for several weeks, about 2 months. It healed itself with almost no motion for that duration, but the tendonitis that resulted us is caused by the inflamed _____ stopping fluid movement of tendons from the nodules that formed.

_____ is a term that escapes me right now. :laughing:

sheathing? think thats what I read...

Yep, tendon sheath. Once those get inflamed the nodules fuck em up even more. Immobilize the suspect fingers for a bit.

The pics aren't in this device, but if I recall correctly I have 'A3' sheath issues. As of today - while working - the discomfort is still there (back of the hand / down the finger / across 2 knuckles / up into my arm past the wrist) but to say it's painful is not accurate.

It's just a life-long restriction of movement without having it exacerbate so... welcome to life flecker, enjoy it with the crutches it deals us. :laughing: And what they say is true, it will migrate to swollen nodules in neighboring fingers, and I say this with all logic aside... you will experience it in your other hand as well.

Let me go get a pic of my splint and wrap, it's so simple even a caveman can make one.

Last edited:
Click image for larger version  Name:	20200707-221556.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.7 KB ID:	64338 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200707-221623.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.9 KB ID:	64339 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200707-221653.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.4 KB ID:	64340

It's malleable so you can adjust it throughout the day to accommodate whatever task you need to do etc. Get the splint, seriously. Flexible gauze sticky wrap too... lasts a good while undoing it and reattaching it.

Same shit happens to my hands after a few hours in the shop. Seems the more fine motor type stuff I do the quicker it happens.
​​​​

Don't drink soda, drink more water and electrolytes, it happens to me from time to time when I don't put enough fluids back in my system. One of my meds makes it worse too.

Thank you for posting this - happens all the time when I'm fishing or sleeping really annoying. Gonna start adding water between drinks at night now

Had to have trigger finger surgery a couple of years back. Something about knots on the tendon. Doc had to open up the sheath the tendon slides through. Doc told me if i didnt correct it one day the tendon may rip loose when i try to straighten my finger out.
I worked on a upholstery production line for many years. Also have had CTS in both hands.
Surgery was pretty easy

Is it ever numb? Then be concerned. If it gets worse, think about seeing a nerve doc. Nerves or immun system issues. Or both.
If it is not numb, stop cramping your hand around my neck in your dreams. It's a cramp. How old are you?

Remember that thing as kids, were you have to squeeze your hand real tight for some minutes around two fingers and then try to open it? That. Subconsciously.

Top Back Refresh