What's new

Trigger finger... I'm guessing?

Yes, when I give the bird it's the WHOLE finger. Not that sissied down version.

:flipoff2:

I guess the whole finger is affected. It's been on and off for like 5 years so I am guessing I'm not gonna die. :laughing: mebby.

The nodules won't subside, at least mine didn't. The discomfort flared up yesterday and this morning. I call it discomfort because it's not painful. But 10yrs from now I suspect it will be a problem. I guess I might look into the sheath cutting surgery but what are the long term effects of having a tendon going all free at the hand joint? eek...

Yes, when I give the bird it's the WHOLE finger. Not that sissied down version.

:flipoff2:

I guess the whole finger is affected. It's been on and off for like 5 years so I am guessing I'm not gonna die. :laughing: mebby.

Well technically it's the hole finger. :mr-t:

So for about 5 years or so now I had noticed on the left hand my middle finger will get stuck at times in the curled position. Typically at night and in the morning especially. Occasionally I have had to pry the finger back to the extended position. :laughing: Doesn't really hurt or anything... left hand is definitely the worse, but now I am sort of getting it in the right hand, middle finger also. Am I giving the bird to often? I am sort of ambidextrous, but favor the right hand if that makes a difference. For a long time I assumed the knuckle was going bad or something, but the same type of thing in my right had me scouring he net for a bit and trigger finger/s is the best I can see it being. Anyone else deal with this, or have a home remedy they can share?

Holy shit you fucking dumbass, the fix is an easy one. Find a hot 20 something FEMALE and soak your fingers a couple of times a day that should help them get better. BTW post pics of your therapists.

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Last edited:
Holy shit you fucking dumbass, the fix is an easy one. Find a hot 20 something FEMALE and soak your fingers a couple of times a day that should help them get better. BTW post pics of your therapists.

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

:laughing:

Noted. :flipoff2:

Planning on this.

Get on it. The stretchy cling gauze (green roll) is a must to wrap it with. You can bend the splint any way you want, maybe enough in just the correct alignment to prevent you from editing your thread for your own fkg entertainment... :flipoff2:

Get on it. The stretchy cling gauze (green roll) is a must to wrap it with. You can bend the splint any way you want, maybe enough in just the correct alignment to prevent you from editing your thread for your own fkg entertainment... :flipoff2:

Uh... yup. Noticed that eh? Wish I could blame it on the finger. :flipoff2:

Got another one now. Middle finger, left hand. This one hurts a bit, it's almost at the center of my palm. 2nd day in... sheath is inflamed.

A lady I work with was having problems with this condition and was able to get non surgical injections of some kind in the sheath that took care of the problem.

Got another one now. Middle finger, left hand. This one hurts a bit, it's almost at the center of my palm. 2nd day in... sheath is inflamed.
My left middle finger is the worse... my right middle finger is acting up too in the last year. I am literally becoming THIS: :flipoff2:

image.jpg
I feel ya dog…

This tendon tore at work. I can bend it back but it won’t straighten on its own. It’s pretty much like this until I ded.

I had looked at the p5p cure. Even tried it for a few couple months, but it didn't seem to make a dent really. So I am living with it for now. May try it again later, winter seems to be the absolute worse for it when it gets really frosty out.

I know some Sparky's had problems back in the day from not wearing gloves and handling galvanized conduit. I don't think that's your problem, but it's one more thing to worry about.

I know some Sparky's had problems back in the day from not wearing gloves and handling galvanized conduit. I don't think that's your problem, but it's one more thing to worry about.
It's been years since I messed with a lot of it... maybe 25 years ago or so I dealt with it quite a bit. I think mine is just older and more arthritic from years of beating up my hands. I just take it in stride like my bad back and knee. :laughing:

I busted my right hand up good a couple of times, but the right hand I only busted the pinky knuckle on... the whole finger got pretty mashed and need 5 stitches, bone broken below the knuckle. Left hand hasn't had any real trauma or anything.

I did however work in an office setting for about ten years as a tech writer... I am seeing now that typing contributes, but never had any issues with carpel tunnel or anything.
Lol:laughing: Pussy. Ive had 3 bones in my left hand turn into 17. I've had 5 bones in the right be prefab for a bakers dozen. The rest have only been broken in half. Your symptoms sound like dehydration. Get a box of LMNT and drink more water, or you could do Gatorade and gain 10lbs a month.

Edit: Holy necrothreadrevival.

Last edited:
Lol:laughing: Pussy. Ive had 3 bones in my left hand turn into 17. I've had 5 bones in the right be prefab for a bakers dozen. The rest have only been broken in half. Your symptoms sound like dehydration. Get a box of LMNT and drink more water, or you could do Gatorade and gain 10lbs a month.

Edit: Holy necrothreadrevival.
Awe shut it... it isn't dehydration. And quit jerking yourself so hard if you are breaking bones. :flipoff2:

Pretty sure it isn't dehydration. I hydrate pretty well in Aridzona. I think it's arthritic or trigger finger for sure.

Oh and BTW, they have good solutions for knees these days.
I'm waiting for that. Apparently it's not cheap, so insurance will run you through the ringer. I've been trying to get synvisc for 5 mos. on a 3rd right knee blowout w/ torn acl, meniscus full rupture, and lcl partial tear. Fuckin brutal just to walk...and I'm the "suck it up and take it' type. Cygna asked me if I'd be willing to use a cane instead of getting treatment. :homer:

So for about 5 years or so now I had noticed on the left hand my middle finger will get stuck at times in the curled position. Typically at night and in the morning especially. Occasionally I have had to pry the finger back to the extended position. :laughing: Doesn't really hurt or anything... left hand is definitely the worse, but now I am sort of getting it in the right hand, middle finger also. Am I giving the bird to often? I am sort of ambidextrous, but favor the right hand if that makes a difference. For a long time I assumed the knuckle was going bad or something, but the same type of thing in my right had me scouring he net for a bit and trigger finger/s is the best I can see it being. Anyone else deal with this, or have a home remedy they can share?
Morning and night, eh? Maybe slow down on finger blasting the old lady?:flipoff2:

Are you getting any electrolytes? Maybe think about picking up some Ultima or Redmond Relyte electrolytes and having a scoop or two in your water during the day.

Morning and night, eh? Maybe slow down on finger blasting the old lady?:flipoff2:

Are you getting any electrolytes? Maybe think about picking up some Ultima or Redmond Relyte electrolytes and having a scoop or two in your water during the day.
I don't take any electrolytes in supplement form... I probably need to, though I try to drink a good amount of water during the day. A bit more than half my body weight in ounces. I weigh about 182 and drink probably 100 ounces or so a day. More or less pending on what I am doing.

I will try some electrolytes.

If your of Scandinavian heritage, Dupuytren's contracture.

If your of Scandinavian heritage, Dupuytren's contracture.
I'm a mutt... mixed breed. :laughing:

I have some German and Irish in there somewhere, but I am literally a heinz 57. I did look at Dupuytren's, but not sure it fits.

Top Back Refresh