What's new

Transmission mount / crossmember different automatic to manual ?

PAE

🚨 King of the Who ?🚨
Member Number
Loc
🚨
Transmission mount / crossmember.

Its the adapter and with the change from a T400 to an SM465 the adapter changes so in a way it is the change from a automatic as the adapter isnt the same and cannot be the same, IE you cant swap from a T 400 to a SM465 and keep the same height adapter as the T 400 had.

swapping from an automatic transmission to a sm465 manual.

This is a 1985 but putting a 6 bolt round transfer case into with a correct adapter for the later transfer case.

For the year 1981 to 1991 with same body style ?

Ive seen a few real twisted crossmembers that seem to have clearances that the one that came off the truck didnt have.

I perfer the saddle mount mount but it does not look like that is going to work.

Last edited:
There is no difference in trans style for the cross.

1/2 & 3/4t are different than 1t
70ish-84 are different than 85+.

All depends on what 465 mount you have.

The mount for the is the adaptor between the SM465 and NP205.

Round pattern NP205.

The top and bottom style mount that samwitches the crossmember..

How are 1/2 & 3/4 T diffrent than 1T ?

Last edited:
Another mount I found is just like this but its twisted up a but as the idiot that pulled it didnt support it correctly.

This is just a representation of it.

JYd9ek1.jpg

How about this one anybody have one they are willing to sell or trade ?

YVVeEXa.jpg

Once I find it yes..

Trying the one from the GMC C30 chassis first as I have that one.

Do you have the latest one pictured ?

Ill call it the up and down..

What vintage would you call that one, for searching purposes.

How about useing it :shocked:

Dont know yet..

You would be working on it right now but the skeeters are out and im what twenty years older and more warn out than your young bones.

Which about 2-3" to high

For comparison.

The 2wd crossmember wont work the t case adapter sits right on it with no room for any rubbers.

Looks like I'm fabbing one from 2x5x.3125 rectangular tube.
It looks like ill be using the rubber that has 2 holes for the tcase adapter w 10mm threaded holes and 2 studs for the crossmember.

EPavNAH.jpg

tgO4ZBAr.jpg

Last edited:
A GM 15538276 might be the correct one.

Clutch Master GM 19158669

Clutch Slave GM 15615868

Hydraulic clutch problem

if the master bore is smaller than the slave the slave moves less
if the master is larger than the slave it moves more

Last edited:
Found another GM part number for the potential crossmember i need for my sm464 and round pattern np205 transfer case.

Looks like a 15538276

Anyone know how to get the stinking photofucket water mark off of this stolen picture ?

Trans_crossmember2.jpg

The one with the two additional brackets on the side didnt work, too tall and the saddle brackets didn't fit on crossmember as they do on fhe turbo 400 crossmember.

So back to looking for the up and down crossmember

Shown above will copy to this post asap to be clear.

Im told by a few on another forum (no not that one) that this crossmember was limited to 85 and 86.

Need a automobile wrecking yard parts getter to find me one of these crossmembers.

YVVeEXa.jpg

I made one modifying a factory th350 crossmember and some 3/8 plate when I did my 465 swap.

Anyone have a double drop crossmember ?

Pretty sure this is the one.

Not sure if it mounts on top or bottom of lower frame rail.

JYd9ek1.jpg

Thanks, Looking mainly for info of an 85 or 86 from a manual K30 to purchase.

Or are you suggesting yours looks like this ?

JYd9ek1.jpg

It mounts on top of the frame rail. It also has skid plate. Looks like the one in post#17. Th400 and np205

photo10313.jpg

Im told by total newb as well as others IRL that one cannot use anything other than a 85 or 86 year crossmember and one cannot use a crossmember that was used with a automatic transmission if one is building a manual transmission build UNLESS one wants to fabricate additional pieces to it.

Since im not in that group I would rather find the correct crossmember so it just gets bolted together and works proper like.

Dont have the equipment to weld where I'm at in the game at the moment.

Newb dude could use your help and will PAY you for it, as rare as that seems.

It mounts on top of the frame rail. It also has skid plate. Looks like the one in post#17. Th400 and np205

That is not what i said at all.
You need the cross member that uses the mount you want. Thats it.

You posted the up/down and the down/down crossmembers and people told you that they were from xx year range.

If its a 85+ mount it will work with any of the 85+ style crossmembers.

You also keep going back and forth about half breeding a 465/32s trying to use the old mount and a $1000 custom shaft.

That is another project all together.

The only thing missing from that project is a 5.5" stickout sm465 main shaft.

Havent been able to find that shaft.

You also keep going back and forth about half breeding a 465/32s trying to use the old mount and a $1000 custom shaft.

Last edited:
If you know where i can find the W crossmember I would love to have the opportunity to purchase it.

The mount is the sm465 to 6 bolt round np205 transfer case adapter.

GM AKA CHEVY says there only two years that will work with the 85/86 hardware.

That is not what i said at all.
You need the cross member that uses the mount you want. Thats it.

You posted the up/down and the down/down crossmembers and people told you that they were from xx year range.

If its a 85+ mount it will work with any of the 85+ style crossmembers.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh