What's new

Transmission mount / crossmember different automatic to manual ?

I know where one from a sub is. Its at least a 88.

You should beable to put it in the frame and use a block to fill the gap or drill the lower flange to bolt it donw. But i need to get back to the yard AND o look at my crew cab setup again.

I have the rubber mount part with studs that point down and holes used with bolts that thread into the adapter

Ok this is what im led to believe I need.

Would appreciate it if you can email or text pics of what you find.

301_23r-1-jpg.jpg

That one actually shows the lower flange. That one would work in both 1t in the frame and 3/4t under the frame.

Some of the 3/4t dont have as big of a lower flange. Weld a fat washer to them and there ya go.

I dont have any crossmembers beyond the mostly flat one and that does not work with this setup.

Have you been successful in locating anything that may work ?

I have a few feelers out but nothing concrete thus far.

That one actually shows the lower flange. That one would work in both 1t in the frame and 3/4t under the frame.

Some of the 3/4t dont have as big of a lower flange. Weld a fat washer to them and there ya go.

AWESOME DUDE.

Thanks I owe you a beer..

Let me know the next time you are driving thru town.

Would you look at that......randomly found in a fb chevy group. How use your old cross and mount for a 85+ adapter.

The crossmember that total newb newb was able to pickup works.

So I get to fire up the sand cleaner and go to town on it and then paint it.

Ill put in the order for another one asap for the other M1031A2 CUCV as its getting the 1989-1991 SM465 with the aluminum top cover.

Idea behind using this cover is the hole in the cab for the shifter will be in the same or at least closer to fit the NV4500 that'l go into it as soon as I solve the bellhousing issue.

Looking toward the McLeod bellhousing with the flat plate on the rear of it to drill any pattern I need.

All that make some amount of sence ?

Well hopefully most of it.

About to be installed.

It fits the mount correctly but the W crossmember would be better as the drivers exhaust does not fit correctly with this crossmember in place.

yay7Vko_d.webp

CNTcBc5_d.webp

Last edited:
Crossmember far below didnt work, because of height of transmission adapter the W style is required while the flat with 4 rubber saddle mount pieces is great for the 4x4 with automatic and earlier adapter between transmission and transfer case.

Note the later 6 bolt round transfer case adapter takes metric bolts to secure the rubber mount that goes between the adapter and crossmember.

JYd9ek1.jpg

About to be installed.

It fits the mount correctly but the W crossmember would be better as the drivers exhaust does not fit correctly with this crossmember in place.

yay7Vko_d.webp

CNTcBc5_d.webp

Last edited:
Found it and installed it in as is condition.

Meaning I (forwent) didnt do what I would normally thing I would have done ( sand blast and paint) as the pic of the earlier attempt laying on the truck frame @ front of truck.

Drivelines from what I had laying around are too long so off to DL shop in town in the next few days.

Note the M1031 PTO installed on P205, swapping out the hanger bearing / rear cab mount crossmember next.

but not least credit for my having the W crossmember to member @total newb

g7nizEZ_d.webp

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh