What's new

Transfer case mounts, solid vs poly bushings

91samurai

Member Number
Loc
NC
I'm Currently running the solid aluminum mounts with beefed up stock brackets and a home made spine on my samurai transfer case.

Should I swap to poly bushings when I make new mounts for a flat belly or keep the solid mounts?

Solid is a huge no go in my opinion, samurai cases already line to crack and break. Solid mounts put too much stress on the case and transfer all of the driveline vibes straight to the chassis.

I would go poly. With stock arms/stock style arms I’ve always through bolted them with a feaf spring bushing half above and below the arm to give it some flex.

Ok so I’ll go with bushings this time.

Has anyone used the rocky road kit that uses the stock mounts?

Finished up my new mounts. I went with some poly bushings, in roughly the same location as the factory mounts.
460C2469-240C-458B-B40D-87780F89D566.jpeg

BA0230E1-CF57-4173-B361-9ADCB03C3248.jpeg

DB973FCB-3AD4-4A05-8F91-38CA625A3096.jpeg

You need to tie left and right mounts or the case will become the weak link.

In my experience

You need to tie left and right mounts or the case will become the weak link.

In my experience
I understand that and that is ideal. But I already have the mounts I made to attach to case half bolts on both sides. My frame also has a extra crossmember I added directly behind the case for the traction bar. So for now I will just see what happens

The "snatch" mount still a thing? If I ever did it again, that'd be my go-to. That was one of the biggest issues I faced when I had my rig. I kept tearing that case into pieces. I ripped out every mounting hole in the thing.

The "snatch" mount still a thing? If I ever did it again, that'd be my go-to. That was one of the biggest issues I faced when I had my rig. I kept tearing that case into pieces. I ripped out every mounting hole in the thing.

Yes it is.

Installed one in a samurai last year.

Kick ass product.

Top Back Refresh