What's new

Trail trailer

Andrew

Resident Redneck
Member Number
I have been looking for a small tent trailer or rooftop tent to mount to the front of my gooseneck.

I found a Venture Craft motorcycle trailer locally on the marketplace, so I decided to take a look at it. They are basically rooftop tents mounted to a fiberglass trailer.

The trailer is in good shape, and the canvas is mint, so struck a deal at $500.

Venture Craft already makes, or made an off road version of the trailer, so the plan is to replicate one of those.
I have a set of take off 235's In the barn, but would probably end up going with 31's down the road. The trailer tongue can swivel 360 degrees, so may keep that as well, but put a limiter on it so It can flip on the hiway if it bounces wrong.

The trailer is so small and light that I can simply wheel it onto the goosenck if needed or tow it with the Jeep for easy trips.

photo8746.jpg

Thats pretty slick.

It had better not take me 3 years to make a simple frame, I got my gooseneck almost complete in like 3 weeks.

Thats pretty slick.

It had better not take me 3 years to make a simple frame, I got my gooseneck almost complete in like 3 weeks.

Just making a typical PBB joke, how a simple SAS weekend project turns into a buggy build.

Top Back Refresh