Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

Trail tech Voyager pro GPS

BIG-O

Member Number
I just got one of these for my bike. Havn't mounted it to the bike yet. Looks pretty cool. Anyone using one of these? How do you load files to it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-31-11-06-31.png
    Screenshot_2022-12-31-11-06-31.png
    797.1 KB · Views: 4
Oh man my dad had one really similar to that back in like the early 20-teens. Did you buy it used? Have you searched out any user manuals for it online? I would assume that a PDF of the user/owner manual should be easy to find.

I've got one. The manual is not as useful as I'd have expected for as thick as it is. It is kinda neat, but I struggle to use it. If I rode more off-road and or had riding buddies doing the same I'd probably know how to use it better. I have an SD card in mine that does have part of the TAT on it, I believe it was PDF.

The folks who answer the phone when ordering parts don't know their product very well. I've called and ordered what they told me I would need to mount this on my 890 only to learn that they didn't bother telling me I would need more wires and antennas to get all of the functionality out of it.

No where in the manual does it tell you that the unit must be turned on to charge the battery, that was another call to them and I had to explain to them that this thing needs better instructions, it is not intuitive to leave things turned on to charge.

Oh man my dad had one really similar to that back in like the early 20-teens. Did you buy it used? Have you searched out any user manuals for it online? I would assume that a PDF of the user/owner manual should be easy to find.
No, it is the brand new color version.
I've got one. The manual is not as useful as I'd have expected for as thick as it is. It is kinda neat, but I struggle to use it. If I rode more off-road and or had riding buddies doing the same I'd probably know how to use it better. I have an SD card in mine that does have part of the TAT on it, I believe it was PDF.

The folks who answer the phone when ordering parts don't know their product very well. I've called and ordered what they told me I would need to mount this on my 890 only to learn that they didn't bother telling me I would need more wires and antennas to get all of the functionality out of it.

No where in the manual does it tell you that the unit must be turned on to charge the battery, that was another call to them and I had to explain to them that this thing needs better instructions, it is not intuitive to leave things turned on to charge.
Good to know about the charging. I've got a 05 KTM 450 EXC it is going on. So, where do you go to get the map PDF's?

The one that I got was a test version from Sam's TAT route when I was considering gearing up for it. I have a KTM 300 and an 890, I switch the TrailTech between them. I will have to add a GPS antenna to the 890 to get the mapping to work correctly though, TrailTech Customer service made it sound like the unit would be able to provide mapping without the antenna but that is not correct, even on wide open country roads, if the device has a built in antenna it is worthless.

You should be able to purchase maps from lots of places but I have not done that, If you find a good source on this post up here and let me know.

Top Back Refresh