What's new
Oct

Trail Hero 2021 - Oct 4th-9th

Austin

Blame Canada
Member Number
Loc
St.Louis, MO
I was just messaging with Rich Klein and briefly mentioned setting up a meet and greet for members..... so who all is going :smokin:

Austin added a new event:

Trail Hero 2021 - Oct 4th-9th

2021 Trail Hero logo.png

Trail Hero is a week long event with 5 days of guided trails, a golf tourney and challenge race! Join us October 4th-9th, 2021, to have the most fun you can have in 4-wheel drive! Trail Hero 2021 marks our sixth annual event, and we have made some awesome changes and additions that you will not want to miss! Come for one day, come for the whole week! This is one event with lots of memories!

To understand this event, you must...

Read more about this event...

Ill be there all week. If anyone needs anything or a place to fix thier broken shit just shoot me a message and you can use the shop. Anyone coming from then east want to bring yuengling my way i will take a case or 5.

Sold my buggy so ill be riding around in the gladiator... don't judge me...

20210830_170150.jpg

I really want to make this, which I say every year :laughing:

Trying to see if the wife can get 2 weeks off for a sweet vacation.

Say whhhhhaaaaatt?!?!?!

I just sent them koozies for all the buggy ride bags and 40 Whip Flags for the trail leaders ... figured you'd be getting both

Just up the hill, so will be around most days. Maybe in the buggy, maybe in the JL if it doesn’t sell and/or prefer AC on a day.

Say whhhhhaaaaatt?!?!?!

I just sent them koozies for all the buggy ride bags and 40 Whip Flags for the trail leaders ... figured you'd be getting both
Another koozie :flipoff2: Sweet

Ill be there all week. If anyone needs anything or a place to fix thier broken shit just shoot me a message and you can use the shop. Anyone coming from then east want to bring yuengling my way i will take a case or 5.

20210830_170150.jpg

Uhhhhhhh. I’m willing to pay for Yuengling if you find an easterner coming out this way. I haven’t had any in three years.

Uhhhhhhh. I’m willing to pay for Yuengling if you find an easterner coming out this way. I haven’t had any in three years
Are you in st george? If so, come on over. I have a stash.

If anybody is going and camping and wants to hoist the big irate4x4 flag shoot me a msg

I'll be there, don't know yet what I'm doing, but I'm helping (insert Ralph Wiggum meme here).
Last year I was kind of mercenary "staff" and it worked out pretty well, general plan is that I'm doing that again, so I'll probably find out what I'm doing the morning-of each day. I'll probably end up on a couple trail rides, some recovery, and a bunch of sub-event setup/teardown.

I'll be there, don't know yet what I'm doing, but I'm helping (insert Ralph Wiggum meme here).
Last year I was kind of mercenary "staff" and it worked out pretty well, general plan is that I'm doing that again, so I'll probably find out what I'm doing the morning-of each day. I'll probably end up on a couple trail rides, some recovery, and a bunch of sub-event setup/teardown.
If you want a big ass flag to fly let me know, I'll shoot it your way :beer:

We had it all planned out, then life took over. A bunch of our local friends (SW MO area) are going. We could stay with them or RV camp. Had it reserved and then shtf/life. We really wanted to do it this year. Maybe next year...

I have Austin 's flag, so if you see it over either a trailer or a Jeepish thing, I'll probably be somewhere nearby. I'm fair game for abuse, but would ask that you go easy on my daughter (for anybody creeping, she's way way way underage, so don't ask).

Just showed up in Hurricane last night…

Our group like to be a week early now, the event is much bigger than it used to be..

I have Austin 's flag, so if you see it over either a trailer or a Jeepish thing, I'll probably be somewhere nearby. I'm fair game for abuse, but would ask that you go easy on my daughter (for anybody creeping, she's way way way underage, so don't ask).
Awesome!

I sent that off and forgot to put a few sharpies in there. If you got 1 laying around and members want to sign it have at it!

Have fun, be safe and send tons of pics!

It is the Trail Hero thread ... but anywhere really.

I may set up an album for posting/tagging irate rigs/swag/whatever..... 'irate in the wild' ... the name needs work

Down to the wire again.:homer: Fuel cell cracked the welds a few weeks ago. First one I ordered was not measured correctly, so the top flange didn’t fit between the coilovers. Second one showed up Friday. Got it in and fired up yesterday, made it out of the garage just enough for the fuel line to start splitting. More splits after splicing so just ran with the leaks back inside (uphill driveway :barf:). So waiting on semi-future proof hose, fittings and pump to be overnighted for Tuesday.

Will be running an Irate whip flag :flipoff2:

Anybody coming from the Albuquerque area to Trail Hero? We have a flag to hopefully get to Chile Challenge on a short timeframe, best bet is going to be if we can get it hand carried to ABQ from Trail Hero if possible.

I will be there. We arrive in Tuesday night. I think we plan on leaving Saturday after the trail. I will be in my black JKU with an arizona flag on my CB antenna.

Anybody coming from the Albuquerque area to Trail Hero? We have a flag to hopefully get to Chile Challenge on a short timeframe, best bet is going to be if we can get it hand carried to ABQ from Trail Hero if possible.

I have several buddies going up to Trail Hero. They aren't on Irate, but I could probably convince one of them to hunt you down and get the flag from you. I am going to Chile Challenge, so I could grab it from them before I head down.

EDIT: One of my buddies said he'd grab it from you. He is getting in Wednesday morning and will be running around in this:
IMG_4556.JPG

PM me your number and I'll pass it along to him so he can coordinate with you.

Briansc33 you said you have a pole for the flag at Chile Challenge? I don't have a way to fly it, so I'll have to hang it from a tree or something ghetto if you don't :laughing: The next event I am going to is King of the Hammers, so I don't know if anyone is going somewhere before February to hand it off.

Last edited:
I'll be (I assume) somewhere in staff camping with an Irate4x4 flag on a 20ish foot pole over my trailer. And/or driving/riding around in a tube car that vaguely resembles a 4-door CJ7 dipped in metallic antifreeze.

I'll be (I assume) somewhere in staff camping with an Irate4x4 flag on a 20ish foot pole over my trailer. And/or driving/riding around in a tube car that vaguely resembles a 4-door CJ7 dipped in metallic antifreeze.
Sounds good, I just sent him a picture of your rig and told him where you'd be. Briansc33 I just saw your post in the other thread, are you going to be at Trail Hero? If so, it would probably be easier to just have you grab it.

Top Back Refresh