What's new

Trail communications

Clb

another toyota from P.R.K
Member Number
Loc
First 50 club
Watching the conn parking thread got me thinking ...
Rut roe:flipoff2:

I started this one for my needs.

Seeing how nobody's getting younger and obstinate fawks tend to buck technologies more than younguns do.

Let's talk about getting help when the phones don't work...

Whatcha got throw in the tech for the guys searching the subject.:beer:

My crew is doing an in reach.

Bridgefy is an app that they were using over in HK when they shut phones down. Uses Bluetooth to transmit and works pretty well.

Zello works via WiFi for short distance.

Otherwise baofang or other vhf/uhf radios.

GoTenna is a neat concept but not sure how well it works and the good version is $$$$

I had been using an ACR PLB, I picked up an Inreach as I realized I’d like my wife to be able to get ahold of me after a friend of mine’s had a stroke and found a brain tumor. Would suck to come out of the woods after a week to that.

As far as between vehicles, I’ve been using GMRS.

zoleo kicks inreach in the taint. more characters and more instant.. my inreach sometimed has a 2 day lag. zoleo maybe 1 hour before the reciepint gets it. no screen with zoleo and hard to switch to a new phone are the downsides i found. app feels like a 2 year old made it but it is still 100 times better than my inreach.
zoleo will not talk to an inreach. or vice versa.
zoleo needs your recipient to have the app as where in reach doesnt.
inreach notifies the other party of a message, zoleo is hit or miss in that.
inreach charges for a location based wx forecast, zoleo doesn't
.... its all a toss up. but for my needs its zoleo hands down. i dont miss out on a hot bite because the message is stuck in space for a day or 3

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh