IA (Traded)1986 GMC High Sierra C1500, iT'S a sQuarE bODy!!!! $1900

IowaOffRoad

King shit of turd island
BRC
Member Number
Loc
Under the apple tree
1986 GMC High Sierra C1500.
106,xxx miles (I assume), going up as I drive it. Dual tanks. Selector switch works but the passenger tank leaks badly. No tailgate. Interior good for age. Body looks bad but the cab itself is in really good shape except rockers and cab corners. Hard plastic bedliner.
Recently replaced fuel pump, water pump, and plugs/wires. Rebuilt carb yesterday (Dec. 1, 2023), new battery installed today. Floorboards and cab structure good. Air cab, compressor not locked up and everything there, haven't attempted to charge it. Box solid except box sides. Poverty instrumentation. Tires 80% or better. Radio inop at the moment. 305 V8, Turbo 350, 2.73 rear gears. Runs down the road and rides really good.
Previous owner swapped 4160 Holley in place of the Quadrajet. Previous owner also painted it (badly) to a midnight blue color, original color is medium blue. I'm driving it almost daily and fixing a few of the things that need attention. Flexibility on price will disappear as I address these things.
You could part it out (which what I was originally going to do before I decided it was too nice to knock in the head) or drive it as/is. It actually gets mid-teens for mileage.
Cash only. Would do a partial trade on a full set of 31x10.5x15 tires, aggressive all terrain or mud tires, up to 600 bucks based on quality/type, maybe a bit more if they are in wheels that will fit my '95 Ranger. The balance in cash.

thumbnail_IMG_2287.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2288.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2289.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2290.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2291.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2292.jpg

please repost here

:laughing:
You say that, but rollers with flintstone cab floors are $800 and up around here. Thank you Midwest rust. I meant what I said from the description that the cab itself and the box structure is solid, which isn’t the case for many of these.
Besides, 2200 is like 1000 in 2010 money, and this would have been worth that then:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh