What's new

Tractor Help - Glow Plugs not preheating(?).

I love watching my friend cold start his pulling tractor with a case of ether. :laughing:
quarter second snort will get most of my things running in half a crank revolution with no bad noises
like a grease gun, you can do good with it, or you can pack an electric motor so full that the rotor locks

my skidloader has a lovely diagram
5sec at whatever, 15 at whatever, 25 at cold

you're thinking 7V int'l glow plugs
proper 12v GPs can be run indefinitely
again, basic glow plug rules for every piece of shit that you don't know shit about it.

They are safe time limits for everything you may encounter.

quarter second snort will get most of my things running in half a crank revolution with no bad noises
like a grease gun, you can do good with it, or you can pack an electric motor so full that the rotor locks
pulling tractors don't light without tons of ether because they're built as low compression engines for gigantic ass boost levels with multiple compound turbos.

anything in super stock is gonna need a can or two of ether.

pulling tractors don't light without tons of ether because they're built as low compression engines for gigantic ass boost levels with multiple compound turbos.
anything in super stock is gonna need a can or two of ether.
yeah I know
same with guys running stupid alcohol drag cars, who needs to tune the cold enrichment maps when they make cans of ether to get it warmed up with

just saying that everyone makes a big fucking deal outta it wrecking shit, when they're usually the ones dumping half a can into the air filter before walking over and hitting the key

Most American way to fix something.

Go.

After dicking around in 30º with high winds, checking voltages, jumping wires, and checking grounds for a solid hour, I tapped the glow plug controller with a 10mm wrench. Kicked right on. Threw it back together, runs great.

:laughing:

After dicking around in 30º with high winds, checking voltages, jumping wires, and checking grounds for a solid hour, I tapped the glow plug controller with a 10mm wrench. Kicked right on. Threw it back together, runs great.

:laughing:
Yeah, so?

It's an intermittent problem. It ain't gone.

Mark.my.words.

Edit: Oh, and seriously, if you don't know your way around basic electrocity and multimeters (pronounced like altimeter) then take an hour and watch some youtube videos and report back with any questions you have. Remember, the mechanic than can electrician is the KING of the mechanics!

Yeah, so?

Mark.my.words.

Edit: Oh, and seriously, if you don't know your way around basic electrocity and multimeters (pronounced like altimeter) then take an hour and watch some youtube videos and report back with any questions you have. Remember, the mechanic than can electrician is the KING of the mechanics!
Oh, I know its not gone. I just laughed that after an hour of checking voltages and crap, took two videos since the first one screwed up, all it took was a tap of a wrench. :laughing:

As for the momentary switch, I'm just powering one of the the two wires that enter the relay, correct?

Yeah, so?

Mark.my.words.

Wait. Multimeter like altimeter?

Everyone I know says multee meeter.
Are we supposed to say multih mihter?

Oh, I know its not gone. I just laughed that after an hour of checking voltages and crap, took two videos since the first one screwed up, all it took was a tap of a wrench. :laughing:

As for the momentary switch, I'm just powering one of the the two wires that enter the relay, correct?
yes.
look at the diagram for the control pins, usualy marked 85/86 on a standard bosch style relay.
one of those needs ground, the other needs 12V. It just powers an electromagnetic coil inside the relay that pulls the contacts shut.

since a tap on the controller fixed it I'd be mighty tempted to pull it out, open it up and service whatever mechanical contact is in there that makes it go. could be as simple as re flowing some solder to it's connector pins.

Top Back Refresh