What's new

Traction Off Road - 17x9 Friction Double Beadlocks

I'm loving these wheels! Hopefully you won't get too famous and expensive by time I recover from my Cummins swap! I think these would be pimpin on my little ol' Ranger!

Thank you.

You put a Cummins in the Ranger?

Thank you.

You put a Cummins in the Ranger?
Yes, Sir! The new R2.8 is backed by a 4R100/NW Fab Titan/Twin stick NP205, feeding 1410 driveshafts, 06 SD axles 5.13 Truetrac F/Grizzly R, turning 39X12.50R17 Kanati Mud Hawgs. Currently on stock SD wheels. Stretched WB 8" in rear. Can't wait to get it back on the road!

Attachments

• 100_0158.JPG
    100_0158.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
Yes, Sir! The new R2.8 is backed by a 4R100/NW Fab Titan/Twin stick NP205, feeding 1410 driveshafts, 06 SD axles 5.13 Truetrac F/Grizzly R, turning 39X12.50R17 Kanati Mud Hawgs. Currently on stock SD wheels. Stretched WB 8" in rear. Can't wait to get it back on the road!

That's pretty sick man.

Ok first post on IBB... I see you have 8 on 170, but I'm really looking for a 20 inch wheel to run some 42 inch reds. Any idea if you'll be making that combo?

I think the wheels look real nice, I guess my main concern is the outer ring and the abuse it can take. I do like the idea of a "cheaper" replaceable rock ring, but really like the look of what you have.

Thanks!

P.S. I live in Colorado as well... Would love to seem em in person.

Ok first post on IBB... I see you have 8 on 170, but I'm really looking for a 20 inch wheel to run some 42 inch reds. Any idea if you'll be making that combo?

I think the wheels look real nice, I guess my main concern is the outer ring and the abuse it can take. I do like the idea of a "cheaper" replaceable rock ring, but really like the look of what you have.

Thanks!

P.S. I live in Colorado as well... Would love to seem em in person.

The flow formed version of the 20's will happen. But it will take some time. I can make billet versions any time but they come at a cost.

I'm working on a 17" removable rock ring for the existing Friction wheel. How does everyone feel about a rock ring that bolts in place considering it will cost roughly the same amount as a complete outer wheel half? It will add more cost up front of course.

If you ever around Thornton and want to swing by send me a PM or call the shop line. You're welcome almost any time.

I wouldn't be interested myself in a rock ring, if they get that bad a replacement out face seems to be the way to go.

On the 20's a fully flush wheel similar to what Robby runs on the Unicorn would be excellent, and I think it would make the build process much easier as the outer piece would be nearly flat.

I will be buying some wheels soon. I am interested in your product. 17x9 or 17 x 9.5 with 3.5 or 4inch back spacing? i will be bumping to the Irok bias 42 since my 40 is only a 38. I need to get that ass up a bit higher. This looks like a great product.

Attachments

• IMG_0023.MOV
    5.9 MB
I will be buying some wheels soon. I am interested in your product. 17x9 or 17 x 9.5 with 3.5 or 4inch back spacing? i will be bumping to the Irok bias 42 since my 40 is only a 38. I need to get that ass up a bit higher. This looks like a great product.

Thank you. :) I like your rig.

These would look good on our CJ2A , Pinky.

Might need 3 sets. :flipoff2:

Seriously need a Toyota bolt pattern. 17x9 3.75" backspace, Is that possible? Or what will be my options?

Do you have inserts that fit this tire? Accelera Badak X-Treme I have one that is not mounted if bead measurements are needed .

That tire looks awesome. I haven't seen it before so we'd need to measure the bead. If the insert requires something I don't have turn around times won't be impacted. I have pieces that I can machine down in under an hour. So your measurement would work out great.

Sending you a PM.

Beadthickness.jpg

I have one unmounted. My harbor freight caliper died. I will get a close measurement.

I have one unmounted. My harbor freight caliper died. I will get a close measurement.

Most 17's are pretty square. By that I mean the inner and outer bead walls are pretty parallel. So if you're close we can get it right.

Top Back Refresh