What's new

Track kick doublers? Anyone still making them?

JR4X

wheeler
race
Member Number
Loc
Farmington NM
Does anyone still make kick/kick doublers? What about kick/samurai? I don’t want to make my own, need to entertain an extra gear option in a sidekick/tracker that I don’t to butcher up things like the floor.

I know there was a guy that was making a kick/dana300 doubler too.

I tried searching for this very thing last year when I was messing around with a tracker project. Couldn't find anyone making the kits anymore. Even the kick/Dana 300 doubler kit seemed like it was unobtainable.

facebook search samurai/sidekick dual t-case kit. thats where I got mine

they do them in batches so you might have to wait.

Last edited:
facebook search samurai/sidekick dual t-case kit. thats where I got mine

they do them in batches so you might have to wait.

I try not go to Facebook but I did find what you’re talking about. The DIY kit to put a samurai case on the back of a tracker range box. I can’t weld aluminum and don’t have the time for that level of work involved.

Unfortunately Keith told me he wants to get out of the game. He doesn’t want to build them anymore. 😢

people that bitch about no support generally dont realize that it cost money for that. nobody is going to build anything without a demand and if nobody wants to pay for why bother

thats because 99 percent of suzuki guys are cheap bastards

I once owned a Samurai with Calmini everything, spidertrax suspension (1/4 elliptical rear and coil front) ARBs, 1.6 swap, amongst other shit. The other 1% goes full suzuki nuthugger.

With how many issues toyota dual cases have had over the years upgrading bearings, and still having issues with the coupler moving around and wearing out the splines, I don't see how the little welded together floating spud shaft deal will hold up long term. Maybe not in a trailer queen, Adamwende seems to have proven their strength.

I'd like to see a track kick vitara trans to toyota tcase adapter. No funky welded coupler or having to weld aluminum.

The issue is that the kick trans and toyota tcase are both male :rainbow: if you could broach out the tcase input to look like the stock kick case, the adapter would be pretty simple. But again zuk people are cheap.

thats because 99 percent of suzuki guys are cheap bastards

The guy I built this for wasn't........
P6240154_zpsbl9qetve.jpg

I'd like to see a track kick vitara trans to toyota tcase adapter. No funky welded coupler or having to weld aluminum.

The issue is that the kick trans and toyota tcase are both male :rainbow: if you could broach out the tcase input to look like the stock kick case, the adapter would be pretty simple. But again zuk people are cheap.

there is guys making these using early L series 4spd transmission tailhousings and the splined collar toyota used to basically convert a 2wd trans too 4wd.

I don’t think you could call me a cheap ass. I’ve had over $30K in a samurai before. But I had atlas in that one because $2000 for one of those makes more sense than $2,000 for a few modified parts to stick my two cases together.

I never tried a samurai doubler because the collar splines wearing out was such a problem.

The problem I’m trying to overcome is getting the correct gear ratio in high range in a 16V/5 speed tracker. This isn’t a crawler, it’s my street able trail rig. I’m stuck with 5.13’s when I need a final ratio of 6.83 to 7.20.

A single samurai case COULD do what I need but then I need 4.30 diff gears. Or a kick/kick doubler that I could leave the range box in low all the time and then I need 3.73’s in the diffs.

With how many issues toyota dual cases have had over the years upgrading bearings, and still having issues with the coupler moving around and wearing out the splines, I don't see how the little welded together floating spud shaft deal will hold up long term. Maybe not in a trailer queen, Adamwende seems to have proven their strength.

because Toyota guys insist on running 1/2 ton parts under 1 ton trucks.

The guy I built this for wasn't........

That guy may have not been cheap when he had you build but when he sold that truck he realized how cheap zuk guys are. That truck was for sale locally here in Northeast PA about 3 years ago for $7500 and I could tell by the mod list and work done on it someone got a steal at that price, and that's what he was asking, not necessarily what he ended up getting.

Im actually surprised northwest fab does not offer a option like this for their eco box. alot of what i see wheeling that area is suzuki based rigs. they would have the tooling for a project like this

Last edited:
A single samurai case COULD do what I need but then I need 4.30 diff gears. Or a kick/kick doubler that I could leave the range box in low all the time and then I need 3.73’s in the diffs.

I have thought about this same thing, of building a kick doubler and locking the front one in low. Would likely go d300 or yota behind it, but another kick case or NP case would be the cheapest. Depending on the way the doubler is built, you dont have to weld the aluminum. The rear plate can bolt on and the side plate can be epoxied in place. The hardest part, to me, is the shaft between the cases.

It is a shame you can easily do dual transmissions like the yotas. But the length would likely be too long.

That guy may have not been cheap when he had you build but when he sold that truck he realized how cheap zuk guys are. That truck was for sale locally here in Northeast PA about 3 years ago for $7500 and I could tell by the mod list and work done on it someone got a steal at that price, and that's what he was asking, not necessarily what he ended up getting.

The Sammy has been bought and sold at least 3 times that I know of since I built it for the guy. Original owner from CT was asking 10k for it when he put it up for sale, but since Zuk guys are so cheap nobody wanted to fork over the cash. He kept dropping the price until it got to like $7,500 and it sold to the guy in PA. He then offered to sell it to me for $6,500 a few months later. I wasn't intrested so he ended up selling it to a guy in Ohio. I have no idea where it is now though.

Reactions: DMG
because Toyota guys insist on running 1/2 ton parts under 1 ton trucks.

It's not a strength issue, it's a wear issue. Toyota tcase are well suited behind a 4 cyl as long as the right axle gears are used.

the Ringr setup with a w56 and dual cases is shorter then a stock samurai 5speed jack shaft and tcase

Where did you read this? I find that very hard to believe.

The issue with Toyota cases in place of a samurai case is the rear put put is way higher. So even if you run a centered rear, your angle will likely be worse. I ran divorced dual cases with a super shortened intermediate shaft and with a ~8" rear stretch my rear driveshaft was a stock toyota front.

I didnt read it. I built it. the w56 is longer then the samurai 5 speed yes. but the driveshaft between the stock drivetrain generally measures approx 17 inches installed in the vehicle. now a toyota front range box and adapter is significantly shorter add the rear case and it comes up shorter at almost two inches

of course that's Canadian math not sure how to make the conversion:flipoff2:
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

It's not a strength issue, it's a wear issue. Toyota tcase are well suited behind a 4 cyl as long as the right axle gears are used.

Where did you read this? I find that very hard to believe.

The issue with Toyota cases in place of a samurai case is the rear put put is way higher. So even if you run a centered rear, your angle will likely be worse. I ran divorced dual cases with a super shortened intermediate shaft and with a ~8" rear stretch my rear driveshaft was a stock toyota front.

“Right” axle gears being 6.xx+ ? That is less than 5% of the Toyota crew. I remember when the group i wheel with started going to 1 tons and it was blown cases left and right with 4.xx gears. Most wound up with 5.38’s because of 14 bolts and it helped, but they still broke cases every 1-2 yrs

When I’m whining about having to run 9” diffs to get the right gear ratio remember your above statement :flipoff2:

there’s no way it isn’t cheaper to go with two 9” diffs than it is for me to buy a RingR, a W56, two Toyota transfer cases, one set of 4.7’s, a way to mount them and all new drive shafts. None of which is readily available to me.

Not to mention that the right gears in the differential has a lot less parasitic loss than a range box left in low range all the time.

“Right” axle gears being 6.xx+ ? That is less than 5% of the Toyota crew. I remember when the group i wheel with started going to 1 tons and it was blown cases left and right with 4.xx gears. Most wound up with 5.38’s because of 14 bolts and it helped, but they still broke cases every 1-2 yrs

A friend of mine runs a toy based buggy with 1 tons with 5.38’s and 39” stickies. He splits the aluminum cases all the time. The case halves split right through the bearing pockets, It’s f&cking pathetic.

The Sammy has been bought and sold at least 3 times that I know of since I built it for the guy. Original owner from CT was asking 10k for it when he put it up for sale, but since Zuk guys are so cheap nobody wanted to fork over the cash. He kept dropping the price until it got to like $7,500 and it sold to the guy in PA. He then offered to sell it to me for $6,500 a few months later. I wasn't intrested so he ended up selling it to a guy in Ohio. I have no idea where it is now though.

I'd would gladly have paid 7K for that last year, I spent 4 months looking pretty hard and every single one was over priced piles of shit.

Top Back Refresh