What's new

Track kick doublers? Anyone still making them?

This would be easy to add some portals to lol

Screenshot 2024-01-24 145246.png

Anyone seen Mr Kieth rice post lately? I'm not great with Facebook, but couldn't find him.

I'm thinking about seeing if he would be interested in making an Lt230 doubler. Almost seems like the perfect upgrade for a zuk.

Both outputs off to passenger side.

A bunch of options for high range from 0.90-1.7:1. Which is sweet because sometimes the 1.7:1 high in the Sami case is almost too low when combined with lower axle gears.

3.32:1 low (works out to 6:1 doubled with a stock track kick case) but 4:1 and 5:1 kits available.

Would JR4X (not expting a response until after koh:laughing:) or Tydes be interested?

Anyone seen Mr Kieth rice post lately? I'm not great with Facebook, but couldn't find him.

I'm thinking about seeing if he would be interested in making an Lt230 doubler. Almost seems like the perfect upgrade for a zuk.

A bunch of options for high range from 0.90-1.7:1. Which is sweet because sometimes the 1.7:1 high in the Sami case is almost too low when combined with lower axle gears.

3.32:1 low (works out to 6:1 doubled with a stock track kick case) but 4:1 and 5:1 kits available.

Would JR4X (not expting a response until after koh:laughing:) or Tydes be interested?
I do need one for an upcoming project. Was planing divorced but love a kick/lt230. I have his number

So you want one off parts at Trail Mart prices. :shaking:

"Good stuff ain't cheap and cheap stuff ain't good"

When is the last time you've shopped for anything remotely similar to this?

Even $1200 is really pushing what it's worth for a dumb zuk. If dudes price is more than that, so be it, I can't justify it.

For that kind of money you have a lot of options if you just go with a more common drivetrain.

There’s a guy here in VA running the 2.0l, Mitsubishi trans, dana 300. He had a build thread on IBB. He competes in XRocks here on the east coast.

Point is, this setup does work.

That thing is voodoo witchcraft and I had to sign an NDA while working on it. :lmao:

I'd be in for one as long as it's not like $1200+

This is the truth. Still, that's as much as it cost to buy a sami/dana300 case and gear it.

Id do what toyotanuts did to that white one, but use a Suzuki v6 and no doubler.

God forbid they add any details.

2.7 or 4:1?

What gears in tcase?

2.7/4.16 would be a sweet combo. Only problem there is it's basically just a 3 speed since 2.7x1.55 high is basically 4.2:1.

I bet it’s not too far off. Another interesting ghetto fab idea would be the divorced case from a Nissan 720 4x4 truck

LT230 is a huge pig. Atlas sized.

Atlas is based on the Dana 300. I wouldn’t call it huge.
Dana 300 is 85lbs.
LT230 is 105 ish.

For a TCase that's a pretty significant weight difference.

It is bigger in size too.

That drivetrain must end up being 7' long with all that stuff divorce mounted off the transmission. :eek:

Not if you run a single u joint :laughing:

You can see the slip right there, it's the same length iirc from back in the day.

I bet it’s not too far off. Another interesting ghetto fab idea would be the divorced case from a Nissan 720 4x4 truck

But why? :flipoff2:

Dana 300 is 85lbs.
LT230 is 105 ish.

For a TCase that's a pretty significant weight difference.

It is bigger in size too.

Atlas is 100lbs

Sami case is like 25 lbs :laughing:

I honestly didn't realize the lt230 was that heavy. Does not look that large in pics when mounted to common transmissions.

Is that the awd version?

Top Back Refresh