Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

Track days/racing

Rttoys

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Waller, TX
Anyone doing track day or race motorcycles?

I have done track days since 2015 and got my CMRA race license in 2017. I’m not “fast”, but it’s just something I wanted to do. I run a 300 Ninja on the track, unless I run COTA, then I run my Ducati 996s. I find it fun and it scratches the itch for speed.

Today, I did a practice day for CMRA leading up to races this weekend. Weather is ok at best, but it is February. It was 37 this morning, with wind and rain. Rain stopped later in the morning and the wind kicked in. It sucked, but dried out the track. Had a good time today overall. Enough heat to push it, but not enough heat to boil tires.
E589C636-FCEE-4DEE-8D2A-39BDDC32B1C6.jpeg
F964B2D6-6E93-49DA-8D50-585939CD4068.jpeg

Race day sucked. A little colder (low 40s) and misty rain. I couldn’t get warm or comfortable on the bike and I think I spent a little too much energy on Friday. At least the photographer got a good pic on Friday.
77F1E277-C725-4256-9203-3C857B381B32.png

Man MSR Houston was always a rough track on 4 wheels, you guys on bikes are crazy.

We were testing there in 2017, and one of the drivers called in so frantically we thought he had wrecked - nope, but nearly hit a cow on the back stretch, fence was down, and cow thought the untouched grass looked tasty. Nearly ended up as a hood ornament on the Porsche

Enjoy your posts and thanks for sharing. I love the idea of getting out on a smaller cc bike and really focusing on technique and lines.

I'm still considering whether I can swing the initiation fee and yearly membership at the only track I have nearby (private), and or/ to ditch street riding all together, get a track bike(s) and be done with it.

Man MSR Houston was always a rough track on 4 wheels, you guys on bikes are crazy.

We were testing there in 2017, and one of the drivers called in so frantically we thought he had wrecked - nope, but nearly hit a cow on the back stretch, fence was down, and cow thought the untouched grass looked tasty. Nearly ended up as a hood ornament on the Porsche
That could have been real interesting really quick. :eek:

The key hole and diamonds edge have gotten worse over the years, but the bus stop is really bad and I seem to hit the same damn hole/rut every time. :mad3:

Enjoy your posts and thanks for sharing. I love the idea of getting out on a smaller cc bike and really focusing on technique and lines.

I'm still considering whether I can swing the initiation fee and yearly membership at the only track I have nearby (private), and or/ to ditch street riding all together, get a track bike(s) and be done with it.
Thanks.

At MSRH you can come in with a member for a track day. There’s some fees but that’s cheaper than a membership.

Fly down here for a cota track day. You can ride the ninja and I’ll ride the Ducati. You would be in level 1, though. You’ll learn a lot, but we wouldn’t be on the track at the same time.

A_G met me at cota once and this is what happened. :lmao:

Top Back Refresh