What's new

Toys / activities for retardedly active and smart toddlers?

yozsi

Fawk
Member Number
Loc
Vallejo, CA
So, I've got 2 young girls. A 2.5 y/o and a 9 m/o, they are both crazy smart and have unlimited energy from 7am to 10pm :laughing: naps are few and far between. Both kids will get bored of everything within, I dunno, 2-3 minutes of discovering it. We have a small lot (~1/2 acre) so outdoor activities are kinda limited, can't get her a small dirt bike or anything. She has all the common shit that spoiled modern kids have and more.

Anything in particular you were surprised entertained the fawk outta your kids? She likes cars and playmobil sets. Damn crazy kids, they gonna be trouble makers in school.

From my experience with my 2 daughters, you are their best outlet for activities. Enjoy every minute of it. Mine are 9 and 14 now and they dont like to hang out much anymore.

From my experience with my 2 daughters, you are their best outlet for activities. Enjoy every minute of it. Mine are 9 and 14 now and they dont like to hang out much anymore.

This. If my son wants to run around twirling in circles shooting fake guns while making fart noises instead of bangs I do it with him. Another favorite is stripping down to our undies and running around the house yelling "nakie boy run". He can do that till he passes out. Partaking in whatever thier imagination is leading them seems to be the best.

First and foremost, I've abolished all screen in the house. We don't allow it. Big change there. Very easy to fall into that hole. They lose all interest in physical activities while gaining an addiction to watching screens. That was a long week.

Hikes, visiting parks, and any place with animals is a common theme. We can visit a construction zone or quarry to watch the "diggers" for hours. We're big on the outdoors stuff. We go hiking to "look for deer poop" all the time.

Honestly, the best stuff we have aren't modern at all. Just throwing rocks into the brook will keep us busy for hours.

Yep. I'm trying to spend as much time as possible but it's mostly limited to the weekends and weekdays when I get home. These will mostly be used by my wife while I'm at work. Hard for her to be a jungle gym for 10 hours a day while breastfeeding, changing diapers, and making meals. Lol

First and foremost, I've abolished all screen in the house. We don't allow it. Big change there. Very easy to fall into that hole. They lose all interest in physical activities while gaining an addiction to watching screens. That was a long week.

Hikes, visiting parks, and any place with animals is a common theme. We can visit a construction zone or quarry to watch the "diggers" for hours. We're big on the outdoors stuff. We go hiking to "look for deer poop" all the time.

Honestly, the best stuff we have aren't modern at all. Just throwing rocks into the brook will keep us busy for hours.

Yes, screen time has always been minimized. Someone got her a fire tablet and she had it all of 10 minutes and I tossed it in the trash. We live in an extremely urban environment and are working to move the fawk out of this shit hole. Last time I went on a hike, we were berated by numerous people for not having masks on. Ugh.

20200512_105830.jpg

20200512_105830.jpg

Our kids it’s BB guns gokarts bikes and a sand box with a garden hose to flood it. One of my boys asked me to make a mount for his gokart to mount a nerf gun haha

Our kids it’s BB guns gokarts bikes and a sand box with a garden hose to flood it. One of my boys asked me to make a mount for his gokart to mount a nerf gun haha

Bb gun in a year or so maybe, I was 5 when I got a .22 so maybe a little early for that. Yep, we do the same with the sandbox. She has a powerwheels thing thats 18v, variable throttle and digital motor control. She's bored of that after swinging doughnuts in the grass for a few mins.

Introduce her to the world of Harry Houdini, then handcuff her to the couch and tell her to she can get out of it if she tries really hard...….then go on with adult stuff for a few hours.

https://www.amazon.com/TRUST-OPTICS...sses&qid=1591197468&sr=8-4&tag=91812054244-20

I bought these for my girls, and some blue black and red ones for my son. They can drill hammer and smash all kinds of shit. We go to the mountains and collect some rocks, they can smash them with a 4lb hammer in swimsuits and flip flops, but gotta have eye protection

I got my son a big box of tooth pics and raisins, he sits there and eats raisins while building bridges and towers

legos

get them an outside craft table and let them paint

my mom, aunts and uncles still talk about grandpa's work bench that had knobs and switches all over the front edge that they played with while he fixed radios and tv's to get him through college

We have a 7 1/2, 2 1/2 and 1 1/2, all boys :laughing:​​​​​​

The best thing was a sibling. Smart kids won't really play with a single toy for long periods of time for the most part. Having a buddy to play with helps a lot.

Once your younger one starts being able to do more and more they will really start to play.

A sand box is a good one though.

Little one is moving around decently already, she's a cruiser, so she should be walking soon. Actually found her halfway up the stairs yesterday :laughing:. My oldest one was trying to play baseball with her, she gave her 9 month old sister the ball and she was trying to hit it out of her hands with the bat. Yea. That was funny until her head got whacked. Lol. Sandbox gets some decent use.

Annnnd we're going to keep that line hidden from the missus. :laughing:

I'm serious, 2 is easier than 1.

3 is insane though :flipoff2:

Little one is moving around decently already, she's a cruiser, so she should be walking soon. Actually found her halfway up the stairs yesterday :laughing:. My oldest one was trying to play baseball with her, she gave her 9 month old sister the ball and she was trying to hit it out of her hands with the bat. Yea. That was funny until her head got whacked. Lol. Sandbox gets some decent use.

As you know, the next year is a lot of change with the little one, especially physically. A 2 year old doesn't have much patience (all though girls seem to be infinitely better at this) when their sibling can't do all the same stuff they can.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that the next 6 months they'll really start to do things together. Or 2 little ones cruise their strider bikes together now :grinpimp:

Our oldest 5 got a strider bike when he was 2. No pedals just balance. It tired him out something fierce. Side note he completely skipped training wheel and rides his bike like he has been doing it his whole life.

edit his younger brother almost 2 is already trying to throw a leg over the strider. And you can get skis that attach to the wheels for snow. Hell Yea!

Last edited:
Our oldest 5 got a strider bike when he was 2. No pedals just balance. It tired him out something fierce. Side note he completely skipped training wheel and rides his bike like he has been doing it his whole life.

My cousin is a downhill mountain bike racer on an international level. insane. fully sponsored and everything. his kid is barely two, and has an electric bike. Clearing table tops, woops, and banked turns. its the craziest looking thing. the kid looks like he's on a rail. I can barely ride a bicycle and this kid is clearing gaps. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh