What's new

Toyota guys step on in.

Byro

Lurkin’
Member Number
Loc
East Canton, OH
Did a 3” lift on this absolutely pristine 1983 Toyota pickup. What’s the process for centering the steering wheel on this unit? Seems there is only just the toe adjustment. Or I’m missing something.

9ECE8EA4-E5A1-46D4-AA92-92E332BA8BA1.jpeg

Assuming it's still push/pull steering? Check the drag link. IIRC, it has some adjustment.

EDIT... you may actually need to acquire an adjustable dropped draglink...

Last edited:
Snagged one of these bad boys from my distributor.

Moving the splines would probably be plenty for a stock application but this I think is too far out for that or the adjust the TREs to get it back straight. My brain couldn’t comprehend there not being an adjustment for the wheel.

Put tires straight, pull drag link off pitman arm, count lock to lock turns, divide by 2, set disattatched steering, recenter steering wheel on splines or adjust the rod ends...
This,
Center the steering box and adjust accordingly, That will give you equal left right steering. And the box does have a center.

Good point.
Nice truck op.
More information?

Customers truck. He bought it from out west and had it shipped out here. It already had the 31s on it but it sat extremely nose down. He wanted it to go up just a little and sit level, and have the room if he wanted to go to 33s. Did a Rough Country 3” leaf kit, pulled the smallest leaf on the rear pack to get it to sit level. I’ll get a few pictures of it with the lift tomorrow, thing looks way better with a little lift on it.

Top Back Refresh