Toyota 8” gear costs.

Thefishguy77

Part time dumbass
Member Number
Loc
U.S.S.A. (Washington St.)
Wasting bandwidth on the first page. :flipoff2:
85 4runner grocery getter.

OK so its Tuesday. Getting ready to have some 3rds with ARB’s get a new R&P. Any idea on the average cost of that? Called a few places and they are all over the board. Gears are not something to cheap out on and are above my skill set. Anyone know a fair price?

spoon feed me please. :flipoff2:

Nitro With the hd pinion, solid sleeve, and triple drilled flange have worked well for me in Hilux axles, pricey but beef...

I was just texting Zuk about getting a 3rd set up. He’s in Chandler Arizona. Here’s his prices, $510 for gears, setup kit and solid collar. Labor is $350 and $60 for shipping. I’m fairly close so figure another $20 or so to ship depending on where you are.

If I am paying someone to do something I am going to let them use the parts they feel comfortable with. I am not going to bring my stuff and say please. Just not my style.

oh shit, you are going to pay somebody to do them? Don't do that :laughing: Buy the gears you want and shit and bring it on up the hill...er, down the hill or whatever. i've got all the stuff and just enough space to get it done.

For spoon feed purposes, 1986-2009 toyota V6 with ABS, solid spacer, Double drilled flange, 4.88 gears, with ARB is $1,709 all done and ready to drop in from East Coast Gear

From ECGS: Toyota V6 ARB is "please call for availablility" but the Zip Locker is in stock $940, V6 master install kit $255 (comes with crush shim spacer), Solid Pinion spacer and shims $25, Nitro gear 4.88 $263, or yukon $281. reuse existing flange and housing would be about $1,483-1,501.

if you already have the thirds with lockers and you just want to do gears, then $263-281 depending on what brand you care for, odds are it got new bearings when the ARB's were installed, so if you want to reuse those, no biggie. $25 for a solid spacer and shims (in case it was put together with a crush sleeve) plus ~$10 for a new pinion seal from Oreilly or Advance, so about $300 total for each end plus a handful of hours of your time to press the pinion on and off a few times

I have to make sure they are in V6 3rds. But I have 2 3rds with ARB’s and chunked 5:29’s. Ran when parked, from a pirate. Full harness and shit. Just want to do a r&p if it’s doable.

I have to make sure they are in V6 3rds. But I have 2 3rds with ARB’s and chunked 5:29’s. Ran when parked, from a pirate. Full harness and shit. Just want to do a r&p if it’s doable.

easy peasy, take a picture of the ribs or measure the size of the side bearings, those will be the easiest two visual ways to see the difference

Top Back Refresh