What's new

Towns around San Antonio to check out

Andrew

Resident Redneck
Member Number
We are looking to scout out property near San Antonio to possibly relocate too.

I have zero desire to live within San Antonio proper.

The wife and I lived in Ft Worth some years ago and it was ok. Her arthritis is making our current location less and less appealing every winter so, its time to move along.

Sadly, she wont go back to AZ, as I would.

I was glad to spend a few years in Boerne. But from what I've heard, it's blown up since I moved away 8 years ago. Past that along I-10 or north and west of the 281 corridor is where I would look.

Thanks.

We are in planning stages to fly out and check out some areas.

We are looking to scout out property near San Antonio to possibly relocate too.

I have zero desire to live within San Antonio proper.

The wife and I lived in Ft Worth some years ago and it was ok. Her arthritis is making our current location less and less appealing every winter so, its time to move along.

Sadly, she wont go back to AZ, as I would.

It sucks. No bullshit. I live in the hill country just nw of SA, the people are shit, the land values are blown way the hell out of proportion. My wife is from SA and hates it as well. Its drawn a very weird type of people. Lots of leftist bleeding heart idiots.

We're moving out of the area in May. I wish I would have never left the small area outside of Houston in the 1st place.

Edit: If you think SA is all sunshine, its currently freezing there now with the temps to drop into the teens this weekend. Its hot as hell in the summer and the humidity sucks for it supposedly being a "dryer climate". I actually prefer Houston heat and humidity to the shit in SA.

​​​​

Last edited:
It sucks. No bullshit. I live in the hill country just nw of SA, the people are shit, the land values are blown way the hell out of proportion. My wife is from SA and hates it as well. Its drawn a very weird type of people. Lots of leftist bleeding heart idiots.

We're moving out of the area in May. I wish I would have never left the small area outside of Houston in the 1st place.
​​​​

Thats why we left Prescott AZ. Shoot. Ok. Something to think about. My wife isnt set on San Antonio proper, but that region of Texas. Say the Gulf, to San Antonio, to Houston triangle.

The smaller the town, the better

Thats why we left Prescott AZ. Shoot. Ok. Something to think about. My wife isnt set on San Antonio proper, but that region of Texas. Say the Gulf, to San Antonio, to Houston triangle.

Just come check it all out for yourself. From New Braunfels to Kerrville. Infact actually check out K'ville. It's far enough away from SA that it most of the idiots don't swarm the place.

Let me know when y'all are coming down. We'll show you around or at least recommend some decent things to see.

Another potential would be one of the Carolinas

Edit: If you think SA is all sunshine, its currently freezing there now with the temps to drop into the teens this weekend. Its hot as hell in the summer and the humidity sucks for it supposedly being a "dryer climate". I actually prefer Houston heat and humidity to the shit in SA.

​​​​

Yes, houston is much better than the hill country. Everyone stay the fuck away from west of 35, it's awful.

As I see it, TX can use all the red vote it can get, so you may as well grant me entry:flipoff2:

As I see it, TX can use all the red vote it can get, so you may as well grant me entry:flipoff2:

Depends. Why are you leaving AZ in the first place? Didn’t you have a thread on this or am I thinking of something from over on the sinking ship?

id like to live somewhere in the Bandera/ Boerne area.

​​​​

I havent seen an above freezing daily HIGH in weeks....lows, it was 1° this morning.....

Ill happily take a SA TX winter, thanks.

Screenshot_20210212-104334_Samsung Internet.jpg

20210212_125635.jpg
current location. Last few weeks were cookie cutter. Same with upcoming.

My wife and I scouted SA in 2017, we passed. It was too crowded and expensive then. We ended up in FL, but since everyone is talking up Utah so much, who knows :homer:.

My wife and I scouted SA in 2017, we passed. It was too crowded and expensive then. We ended up in FL, but since everyone is talking up Utah so much, who knows :homer:.

I spent 2 weeks in Fort Myers FL a few years back (business trip)

I wasnt overly impressed.

I offered UT to the mrs....she isnt interested sadly.

No, fuck off. Kindly :flipoff2:

I'm currently in Naples/Marco Island. It's nothing but retired yankees. You'll love it here.

Just come check it all out for yourself. From New Braunfels to Kerrville. Infact actually check out K'ville. It's far enough away from SA that it most of the idiots don't swarm the place.

Let me know when y'all are coming down. We'll show you around or at least recommend some decent things to see.

Kerrville is great if you like banks, churches and fried chicken places. There's literally nothing else.

Yeah, unfortunately Prescott has been fully Californiaized. Lot's of small towns in AZ. Strawberry, Happy Jack, Heber, etc.

Yeah, unfortunately Prescott has been fully Californiaized. Lot's of small towns in AZ. Strawberry, Happy Jack, Heber, etc.

I would move up to the White Mountains...the mrs....not so much....

I never thought I would leave Prescott. In 2018, enough was enough.

I would move up to the White Mountains...the mrs....not so much....

I never thought I would leave Prescott. In 2018, enough was enough.

I'm just below New River and there's a low range of hills that blocks this area from the I17 and the lights of the valley. They're going to build a $38b semiconductor complex on 1100 acres at the 17 & 303, plan to finish by 2024 so that will be about the time we go to someplace smaller. Our house should be worth a bundle by then, not too many places left around here where all the properties are over an acre.

IMO, the only way to keep city encroachment away is to own enough land to keep that from getting close. I'll probably never be in that group, but I don't have to live in suburbia either.

I'm just below New River and there's a low range of hills that blocks this area from the I17 and the lights of the valley. They're going to build a $38b semiconductor complex on 1100 acres at the 17 & 303, plan to finish by 2024 so that will be about the time we go to someplace smaller. Our house should be worth a bundle by then, not too many places left around here where all the properties are over an acre.

IMO, the only way to keep city encroachment away is to own enough land to keep that from getting close. I'll probably never be in that group, but I don't have to live in suburbia either.

I always liked the New River area (topography) but always heard mixed reviews on the town itself.

I used to do roadway striping in AZ. So Ive been all over :)

I wish I could talk the mrs. into returning there somewhere.

Top Back Refresh