What's new

Torq-Masters Honda Talon Front Locker

SLOWPOKE693

🖕TROUBLES🖕
race
Member Number
Loc
Somewhere in Texas
Torq-Masters Industries New Model: TORQ Locker Honda Talon Prototype Testing at King of the Hammers

Rochester, New York, February 10, 2021

Torq-Masters Industries was the first aftermarket manufacturer to offer a patented mechanical locker for UTV’s and ATV’s. After the successful release of the TORQ Locker for Can-Am UTV’s and ATV’s Honda Pioneer 500’s, Honda early TRX and Polaris models, Dave Cole, Founder of the King of the Hammers race reached out to Torq-Masters for a custom TORQ Locker for the Honda Talon on very short notice. The opportunity to race prove our TORQ Locker design for Factory Team Honda UTV was something we could not refuse. In 10 days we designed, manufactured and shipped cross country 3 TORQ Lockers for Team Honda.

“The Honda Talon platform works incredibly well. The I-4WD system is fantastic in the desert and allows the Talon to get up 95% of the rock trails without winching on the King of the Hammers course. Paired with the TORQ locker, the Talon is unfazed by any terrain thrown it’s way. The locker allowed me to drive all day without having to kick my codriver out to winch a single obstacle.” – Bailey Cole #13

After successfully testing the TORQ Locker in the Team Honda pre-runner Talon it was decided to install the 2 other TORQ Lockers in the 2 Team Honda Talon race cars to be driven by Bailey Cole #13 and Jordan Pellegrino #98. The race was intense and the TORQ Locker helped Bailey pull off a race with no winching, finishing in 17th place out of 97 UTV’s that qualified for the race. Jordan was not far behind with a respectable 28th finish.

Introducing the race proven TORQ Locker for Honda Talon, Made in the USA by Torq-Masters Industries

For release schedule and pre-orders please contact [email protected]

The TORQ Locker is the most advanced, strongest, highest quality automatic locking differential on the planet, proven in the most extreme vehicles from hard-core Rock Crawling, racing the King of the Hammers, Rock Bouncing, Sand Dunes and Mud Drags. To back this all up, Torq-Masters Industries offers an unprecedented 4 year warranty on the TORQ Locker with no tire size, horsepower limits or loopholes. Torq-Masters Industries is committed to building the highest quality locking differentials possible. To be the best, we build with the best, TORQ Locker is 100 percent Made in the USA with 100 percent USA raw materials.

Keep it Simple, no air-lines to leak, compressors to fail, cables to adjust or electrical gremlins, the TORQ Locker gives you piece of mind as a reliable, mechanical, automatic locker that can handle any terrain. The innovative design features of the TORQ Locker have three game-changing benefits;

Creates true 4WD by replacing stock spider gears in the differential.
Easiest Locker on the market to install, no spacers, no dowel pins, no cables, air or electrical lines.
The machined Key-Way design of the Cam gears can't shear, ever.

To build the TORQ Locker, Torq-Masters Industries demands the highest quality control standards, protocol and materials. The TORQ Locker is CNC Machined from USA made 9310 steel alloy for maximum durability and long life using their proprietary manufacturing processes in an ISO 9001 certified facility in Rochester NY. Locker components are then heat treated with proprietary procedures in a TS16949 certified facility with 100 percent quality audits utilizing electron microscopy testing. Quality control of this caliber is very rare in the Aftermarket Off-Road Industry, but Torq-Masters goes the extra mile to build the best, because you deserve the best.

Torq-Masters team of engineers make every effort to ensure that the model fitment listed is accurate. However, due to vehicle manufacturers differential options, using available inventory, prior vehicle owner modifications, etc. it is the customers responsibility to confirm that the model TORQ Locker they order fits their differential.
Fitment: 2019 + Honda Pioneer Talon

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When in 2WD what affect does the locker have? Is there any difference from stock in simply having the locker installed when in 2WD?

A: There should be no perceivable difference than stock in 2WD with a front TORQ Locker installed

Q: Does the TORQ Locker™ ever disengage?

A: The TORQ Locker™ never technically disengages, but it does allow for wheel spin differentiation so you can turn and steer the vehicle. The Locker achieves wheel speed differentiation through ratcheting. A slight audible click maybe noticeable at low speeds, this is an indication of the locker ratcheting.

Q: Where is the TORQ Locker™ made?

A: The TORQ Locker™ is made 100% in the USA from USA made raw materials. Our manufacturing facility is in Rochester NY.

Q: What is the Warranty on the TORQ Locker™?

A: The TORQ Locker™ has a 4 year warranty with no tire size or horsepower limitations. The warranty does not cover damage to the locker from driveline component failures such as broken axle shafts or other differential failures.

fb_img_1613009625060-jpg.254000

fb_img_1613008981975-jpg.253998

fb_img_1613008974333-jpg.253997

fb_img_1613008969296-jpg.253996

fb_img_1613008963548-jpg.253995

:smokin:

Poke

Didn't you mention knowing the owners of Torq? Are they intrested in testing this new locker out in a short course application? I'd be willing to volunteer my car as a test subject.

:grinpimp:

Poke

Didn't you mention knowing the owners of Torq? Are they intrested in testing this new locker out in a short course application? I'd be willing to volunteer my car as a test subject.

:grinpimp:

They are friends of mine. Very good people. I have a feeling that if they had Jeff Proctor(runs team Honda) running them at KOH, they got enough testing. Call them and ask, worse thing is they say no.

They are friends of mine. Very good people. I have a feeling that if they had Jeff Proctor(runs team Honda) running them at KOH, they got enough testing. Call them and ask, worse thing is they say no.

I've been emailing back and forth with Cora this morning. We are discussing this right now. KOH/Desert racing is far different from short course racing. I'm looking to see if these would work out to be an advantage at the starting line and off the corners. In my mind it would be, but I also question how it would effect corner entry and only testing will be able to determine that.

Sounds like I'll be getting one of these to try out in the next few weeks! Not free, but they did offer me a very generous discount in exchange for running their logo on my car this season.

:smokin:

Last edited:
I work at a Honda dealer in MO, we haven't sold many Talons but the few we have might be interested in something like this. Do they have any estimate of an MSRP?

Funny, I emailed them over a year ago and they were coming out "very soon" :laughing:​​​​​​

I think youre high wanting one in the front for short course. I like lunchbox lockers, but no way I'd want one in short course racing. The factory diff is a very good posi and is probably perfect as is.

I work at a Honda dealer in MO, we haven't sold many Talons but the few we have might be interested in something like this. Do they have any estimate of an MSRP?

I was told it will be comparably priced to the Pioneer locker they currently sell. I'd guess somewhere in the neighborhood of $450. Release date is scheduled for April.

Funny, I emailed them over a year ago and they were coming out "very soon" :laughing:​​​​​​

I think youre high wanting one in the front for short course. I like lunchbox lockers, but no way I'd want one in short course racing. The factory diff is a very good posi and is probably perfect as is.

It's not a posi........

If I jack mine up and spin the front tire the other tire spins the opposite direction. I can do the same thing on both sides. Looking at the parts diagram would make you think its some kind of locker setup with the odd looking gears in there but it isn't. It's just a weird spider gear setup they use to make the differential narrow. If it's supposed to be a posi it's about as effective as I4WD is. :lmao:

If I jack mine up and spin the front tire the other tire spins the opposite direction. I can do the same thing on both sides. Looking at the parts diagram would make you think its some kind of locker setup with the odd looking gears in there but it isn't. It's just a weird spider gear setup they use to make the differential narrow. If it's supposed to be a posi it's about as effective as I4WD is. :lmao:

Torsin diff will do that too :homer:​​​​​​

I'm telling you. The whole vehicle is a pos, but the front diff works pretty good for not being a true locker :flipoff2:

Here is some mouth breathers from honda sxs talking about it.

https://hondasxs.com/threads/talon-front-differential.20432/

It's definitely not a locker, it's definitely not open and it's definitely not a torsin diff, but it works as a limited slip somehow. It appears that it works in a similar-ish way as the lunchbox lockers but not as positive.

Actually, looking again, that's exactly what it is. If the torque comes from the drive train, it tries to push those little pills down, which tries to lock into the side gears. If you're off the gas, or the wheel is to jammed, the side gears force the pills up into the slots in the carrier, which will let one wheel unload.

frontdiff-jpg.175443.jpg

Top Back Refresh