What's new

Top Ramen

PointsNorth

Member Number
Figured I should post up my current slow build on here.

It started with Snowracer tagging me in a add on Facebook for a 1983 sj410k with no papers. Not long after that I picked up another one with papers. It was supposed to be a simple build. You know build a new frame. Add some bigger diffs and a doubler

67CC3899-A46E-4AB6-8D63-45CA81B58533.jpeg

fast forward a couple years and I’ve got this and it needs to be finished ASAP

Last edited:
Its built primarily for snowwheeling so I've tried to keep it on the light side. That's where the name Top Ramen came from as a there was been some doubt to my choice of frame rail dimension, with references to a wet noodle

Isnt the point of top ramen that its a quick meal? 3min on high and gtg? :flipoff2:

Looks like what i would to micro parts.
Yeah I think I was cocky enough when I started that I had set a goal of 100 days. Of course things snow balled its has gotten way out of hand. now Its basically a buggy with panels

your frame is a death trap and will kill many nuns and puppys :flipoff2:

you better finish that thing before i fininsh mine, you have like a 2 year head start :lmao:

where is the parts list for this noodle frame buggy?
pictures?

show the goods :flipoff2:

Its built primarily for snowwheeling so I've tried to keep it on the light side. That's where the name Top Ramen came from as a there was been some doubt to my choice of frame rail dimension, with references to a wet noodle
top-ramen-vs-maruchan.png
:flipoff2:

where is the parts list for this noodle frame buggy?
pictures?

show the goods :flipoff2:
the quick list
5.3 ls
4l60
northwestfab blackbox
landcruiser split case
hj-60 front axle lockrite
14bolt rear spooled
three link front
4runner leafsprings in the back
39.5 iroks

Last edited:
Cool build. Would love a cabbed Sami like that.

I was thinking about this rig lately.
Nice to see the thread transferred from pbb and the truck finished.

I was thinking about this rig lately.
Nice to see the thread transferred from pbb and the truck finished.
Ive been so busy all summer, finally just committed to just posting a thread and figuring out how to post pictures again

I'm liking the looks of this build, nice job. What's the deal with the frame? Why is it a noodle and what's the problem with it? Just curious, pics don't show much frame. Nice build!

back story I posted a picture on a facebook page dedicated to diy offroad fab of the basic frame rails and crossmembers with drivetrain set in place. Only to have it blow up into a shit storm of clowns harping on what they assumed was a finished product without any of the cage tubing even in place One guy going so far as to in box me with his credentials as the best chassis builder in America who works at a fox body mustang speciality shop. there was a reference to flexing like a wet noodle and a somebody replied with a Top Ramen quote

That's what you get for posting on that circus act social media nonsense :flipoff2:. That chassis builder must be amazing, building the best chassis in America and has time to reach out and offer advice to you, how nice :homer::lmao:. Ignore the clowns, back at it, and post some pics!! :smokin:

Top Back Refresh