What's new

tool addiction

B-rock

Member Number
Loc
warshington
Hi, My name is Brock and I have an addiction to buying tools. Every day Im looking on offerup, craigslist, facebook marketplace, Even if I dont need something Im always looking for the next cool thing to buy. Or a deal on something that I may never even use. I always tell myself I can re sell it for more, But I never do. SOOOO I have all these tools taking up space that I never really use, I purchased a ridged 700, tri stand, all the dies, multiple pipe cutters..... got a hell of a deal but..... when will I really get any use out of it all?

Am I alone in all this??

Hi, my name's Crazybluerider and I too am a certified tool whore. I have often bought tools because they were a good deal that I have no use what so ever for. Some I still have never used. Some have found their way into constant use though. None have ever been sold.

I bought a snappy BJP1 AFTER I did ball joints on my old super duty.

I have never used it (for actual ball joints). But I got a great deal on it so I'm not upset about it.

That's just one of the many specialty tools I have purchased AFTER completing a pain in the ass project with the wrong tools, and have squirreled away for next time.

I bought a snappy BJP1 AFTER I did ball joints on my old super duty.

I have never used it (for actual ball joints). But I got a great deal on it so I'm not upset about it.

That's just one of the many specialty tools I have purchased AFTER completing a pain in the ass project with the wrong tools, and have squirreled away for next time.

Bjp is one of the many tools i have that has made its money back 10 fold. Ive used the hell out of it and even bought a second one in case my working set ever disappeared.

My name is trkklr77 and im a tool addict.

I have 3 titan 440 airless sprayers I picked each one up at crazy low prices. One is like new condition. Im not even a painter, Then I recently picked up a milwaukee metal cutting skill saw for 40 bucks in like new condition. Cool to have but I gone this long in my life without needing it.

I somehow convince myself that if someone needed to borrow it OR if ever asked I could say Yea I have that tool.

And no, I never seem to be able to make money using them, I have my day job and suck at making money on the side.

hey junkies, this reminds me I want to get a drill press. Never bought one before and no idea what is good, just don't want one of those chinesium crap ones. Any suggestions on an old/cheap drill press I should keep my eyes open for?

hey junkies, this reminds me I want to get a drill press. Never bought one before and no idea what is good, just don't want one of those chinesium crap ones. Any suggestions on an old/cheap drill press I should keep my eyes open for?

Perfect place for a question like that, No whatever you do DO NOT make your own thread asking a totally off topic question. :confused::confused:

Way too many tools here too. The sad part is I usually end up needing the odd stuff every year or two. I think that's why I have them. Too many tool boxes too. Now if I could just stop hoarding motors, transmissions, tcases and wheels and tires. I made up my mind to clean out the shop and sold all the axles I had, but still have parts left for stuff I no longer own.

Way too many tools here too. The sad part is I usually end up needing the odd stuff every year or two. I think that's why I have them. Too many tool boxes too. Now if I could just stop hoarding motors, transmissions, tcases and wheels and tires. I made up my mind to clean out the shop and sold all the axles I had, but still have parts left for stuff I no longer own.

That brings up another point. I find it amazingly difficult to get rid of SOME stuff. Stuff I do not feel is trash, But im not sure how to sell it. I know its worth something to someone. soooooo, back in the corner it goes, now the corner is full, so on the floor someplace, Ohh now the floor is full, Ok put it over there on top of that worthless shit, DO I just need to throw it away and move on? :homer:

Perfectly normal.
I have enough drywall gear to outfit a crew.
I have enough framing gear to outfit a crew.
Same for painting.
Constantly cruising for good deals on tools.

Tools are like guns, they're not for selling.

Perfectly normal.
I have enough drywall gear to outfit a crew.
I have enough framing gear to outfit a crew.
Same for painting.
Constantly cruising for good deals on tools.

Tools are like guns, they're not for selling.

I have 3 titan 440's and now a capspray, And im not even a painter!

That brings up another point. I find it amazingly difficult to get rid of SOME stuff. Stuff I do not feel is trash, But im not sure how to sell it. I know its worth something to someone. soooooo, back in the corner it goes, now the corner is full, so on the floor someplace, Ohh now the floor is full, Ok put it over there on top of that worthless shit, DO I just need to throw it away and move on? :homer:

That's my dilemma. The parts I have are worth good money, but nobody seems to be able or willing to pay the price. I could sell a detroit locker for half price and they'd tell me that they can get a warranty with it from 4WP new. They're never happy. It seems the only way to get rid of it quickly is to just give it away to someone who could use it. At this point, I feel like putting the motors in a pile by the road for the tweakers and slashing the sidewalls of all the tires before they get stacked up out there too.

Top Back Refresh