What's new

To sidekick or not to sidekick ?

Leadfoot21

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I came across a 4 door sidekick for cheap In great shape . Does anyone recommend against a 94 sidekick as a go to 4wd for commute and hunt/trail rig? It looks pretty lame right now but I thought about downsizing to put cash in my pocket while the truck market is hot and rocking the sidekick . I’d like
To see pictures of some of your modified sidekicks ! Most around here are trashed !

Get it, they are an absolute riot

I have a 95 4 door. 2" lift and a welded rear with some rock sliders, skid plates and 29" tires. It pulls hunting, exploring and back road duty and will run 80 down the highway. It is hands down the dumbest vehicle I've ever bought. It is also the most fun vehicle I've ever bought.
I try to talk myself into selling it at least once a year. I can do it. its cheap and will go everywhere and then some. I'll probably die with it.

My first 5 speed was a rolled tracker on the farm when I was 14-15 . I had an absolute blast with it never could hurt it and sold it for 3 times what we paid to someone needing an engine years later . My Dad hauled a rural mail route with 4 door trackers for many years and couldn’t hurt them . I know they’re a blast and dang near unstoppable . I have 2 options . I can buy the sidekick or I can put a trans and headers on an 06 5.3 powered Denali envoy and the vehicle itself won’t cost me a thing . I currently drive a very nice 05 crew cab Silverado with all the options but I don’t NEED it .

My Geo has done two trail runs with some deeper mud, bigger rocks, I broke the exhaust somewhere when I high centered, and I’ve done very little to it. I know every time I go to start it up it’s going to run. It sounds like a shitbox, but just keeps on tanking on.

No reason to ever buy a Jeep. These are unstoppable!

So go buy it already. :flipoff2:

Attachments

• E7315C96-09A9-49F5-AA4B-D98849F9007C.jpeg
    E7315C96-09A9-49F5-AA4B-D98849F9007C.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 41
Reactions: DMG
My first 5 speed was a rolled tracker on the farm when I was 14-15 . I had an absolute blast with it never could hurt it and sold it for 3 times what we paid to someone needing an engine years later . My Dad hauled a rural mail route with 4 door trackers for many years and couldn’t hurt them . I know they’re a blast and dang near unstoppable . I have 2 options . I can buy the sidekick or I can put a trans and headers on an 06 5.3 powered Denali envoy and the vehicle itself won’t cost me a thing . I currently drive a very nice 05 crew cab Silverado with all the options but I don’t NEED it .
You NEED a Sidekick.

Well I went to look at the sidekick . First off it was about a block off of the e absolute ghetto so that was fun ! Inside of this thing is immaculate and super clean . It is the LX I believe with 16v strangely has factory security system . It appears to of been sitting for the last 3-4 years and had bad gas . If I eased into the throttle it ran great but If I throttled into it it fell on its face . It ran very smooth otherwise and the air conditioning even worked . It has 166k on only thing mehcjicallt I could find was the blower motor resistor is bad and it appears to leak a little oil . 4hi and lo worked great and there was only one surprise . The underneath was heavily factory under coated and I never expected it but most of the rockers behind the plastic were pretty well ate up . The floors looked solid but the rear body mounts were rusted through entirely the mount wasn’t holding anything anymore . There was some heavier surface rust back at rear bumper area and a through spot just above the shock mount on the body . Otherwise it was clean and ran great . Guy is asking 2400 and I showed him the rust he knew nothing about it . Timing belt was stamped gates from 2013 15k miles ago . Obviously hasn’t been abused or hurt and had all new stereo that sounded very good and even had hands free . The rust scares me particularly in those rear body mount areas . I told him I wanted to look into it and asked where he was at on cash price no BS he said 2000 and I shot back at 1500. He proceeded to do the typical dance of KBB and I told him he hadn’t mentioned the misfire or sitting or the rust. What do you all think ? Is the rear body mount rust very common ?

When you said cheap I was stoked for $1,000 or less. That much rust I would’ve started at $750 and quit at $1,000.

Gov't stimulus checks doubled the price of these vehicles.

I figured everyone will buy this stuff, realize it’s a lot to fix, then sell it when prices plummet.

I wouldn’t pay more than $1,000 for one in just “good” shape.

Now, a rust free Sammy...$2,400 would be well worth it. :smokin:

Top Back Refresh