What's new

To ride or not

Poopyface

Member Number
I have a 1.4 acre property that i gotta mow on a weekly basis. I purchased a Honda self propelled mower in 2016 for grass duties. The mower has done great since day one but I did have to customize the wheels for traction cuz my yard has some steep hills. It takes two hours to mow and is impossible to make a straight line anywhere (if that explains how hilly it is).

Lately the mower has been grinding on turns and on spots where traction is needed. Seems like gears are starting to strip or whatever but it still does the job.

I am starting the search for an upgrade to this mower. I know (p)Irate is old school old shit loving but is there anything modern out there that will tackle hills and cut my lawn without breaking like a pretzel or would sticking with (fixing) the self propelled push be the best route?

No to any zero turn shit cuz those things are too big for my lawn.

Not gonna work unless it includes something to pull it.

hook it up behind your car and enjoy comfortable seats and air conditioning? :flipoff2:

i dunno, i've only got <1/4 acre of mowable grass and that is about too much for me. is maintaining less of it an option? rent a mower once a year after the spring growth to maintain the rest of it?

Something like this?
581.jpeg

Get some goats, automatic constant lawn mowers that fertilize as they go.

Bonus, you can do goat yoga with the extra fag time you have left over from not cutting the grass.

photo10033.jpg

Vegetation Management Control 101~

Sheep are excellent foragers, can help maintain even grass growth.

But remember to rotate around property to avoid worms/parasite issues-

I fail to see how a zero turn with a 36-48" deck would be "too big". I used to mow 1.5ac with a Hustler Raptor w/ 48" deck and it was way too small.

The big box store ztm can be a nitemare on hills. The bigger heavier ztm would definitely cut your mowing time down.

Zero turns suck on any real hills, especially sidehilling. I would vote a Forest Gump rear engine Snapper or if you really like walking one of the awd or rwd push mowers.

Get some goats, automatic constant lawn mowers that fertilize as they go.

Bonus, you can do goat yoga with the extra fag time you have left over from not cutting the grass.

Goats are the most worthless turds on the planet!

They will eat everything but the grass.

Goats are the most worthless turds on the planet!

They will eat everything but the grass.

Funny thing is the last owner of this house had some. I was chatting with my neighbor a few weeks back and he told me the they left the basement door open for the goats to come in and out. I originally thought the fence was for a dog but nope, it kept the goats off the road.

These are good, but you gotta talk like Forest Gump while you mow.

That is what we had when when I was a kid.

Googling "best mower for hills" brings up the rear engine cub cadet. It is smallish and the weight over the axle (plus some chains) makes me think it will do well.

Fuck that. The only thing those rough riding things are good for is compressing your spine and shaking the fuck out of your kidneys. I have the toro version and anything over third gear is like being strapped to a paint shaker. I only use it if I let the grass go too long for the push mower.

Spider ild02 Just sit back with a beer and the remote... just don't look at the price tag 🤣

1364_0.jpg?1544466974.jpg

1364_0.jpg?1544466974.jpg

my stepdads father got tired of mowing one time and spread 5 gallons of gas over the front yard and burned it. it worked for about two months or so

Top Back Refresh