What's new

tnlc

In, still at work. Going to take it easy tonight. Have a 3.5 hour drive in the morning to pack up and move the kid home from college.

Last day off today, back to work tomorrow, off and saturday, back on Sunday and monday. Unless of course the wife goes into labor, which is entirely possible.

probalby my last weekend off until september or october.

I'll be drinking beer and working on my truck

Took 2 days vacation leg day was yesterday 21 mile bike ride, today was arm day 9 mile kayak, water was low took 5 hours, in my chair.

Wife found out kayak racks don't fit into the garage when mounted on her car.

Took 2 days vacation leg day was yesterday 21 mile bike ride, today was arm day 9 mile kayak, water was low took 5 hours, in my chair.

Wife found out kayak racks don't fit into the garage when mounted on her car.

so you'll be fixing the smashed garage door? :laughing:

Thursday is my “Friday”

Mrs is finishing up some work from home stuff. The kid made a store run, then picked up take-out Mexican food 👍🏻

I am on adult beverage #1 trying to decide what I am going to do tomorrow. I have several “house project” parts that are in transit, none of which will be here for this weekend. I need to run my usual town errands, maybe I’ll go see what ammo I can find tomorrow :usa:

In. On beer number one of the weekend. Packed a bunch of tools home to do timing chains in my F150, the parts have been sitting on the bench seasoning for about a year so it's about time to install them I guess.

In....

Outside is hot as a bitch even after that wicked thunderstorm/rains.

I sorted the scrap while waiting for a call from shop (R/R rack & pinion) so I can get truck back for hauling... Still don't know the status :mad3:

Bought a Red Skull, big whoopee :flipoff2:

In.

Currently sitting on the deck browsing the interwebs and waiting for the rain.

I'm off work tomorrow and the wife isn't. That will give me a full day at the shop to work on my SxS. We don't have plans for the weekend so my plan is finish it up, test drive it this weekend and pull it all apart to paint the chassis.

Whether that actually happens or not is yet to be determined. :laughing:

Didn’t realize it was Thursday already. Picked up a brisket to smoke on the 4th. Have a bunch of stuff to get done tomorrow.

In

Trying to figure out how to remove/unscrew the soft brake line from the hard line connector on the rear of the '94 Bronco without stripping it.

251,000 miles old; had to dig out the frame-mounted hard line connector that was covered in dirt/sand/oil.

In. Worked all day, Heading out camping tomorrow thru Sunday.. Got a big pile of stuff ready to pack in the truck in the morning.

In

Trying to figure out how to remove/unscrew the soft brake line from the hard line connector on the rear of the '94 Bronco without stripping it.

251,000 miles old; had to dig out the frame-mounted hard line connector that was covered in dirt/sand/oil.
Vice Grips for the win on the initial pop'r loose. Like new condition 7" Curved jaws tightened perfectly on the Flare nut side.:cool:cool

I'm finally understanding it.

A fuckin' clip holds the soft line side against the frame.

Is that correct?

On my GMs it's all Hard line in the rear. No pun intended. If I recollect correctly (which is remotely possible given my CRS condition) my Maverick had a clip setup like that on the fronts.

On my GMs it's all Hard line in the rear. No pun intended. If I recollect correctly (which is remotely possible given my CRS condition) my Maverick had a clip setup like that on the fronts.

Here is the connectors/frame I'm talking about:

Axle swap XVI.jpg

CDA 455 II said:
I'm finally understanding it.

A fuckin' clip holds the soft line side against the frame.

Is that correct?

Tab on the frame? Should have a wave? clip. Loosen nut before pulling clip. Soak that stuff liberally and repeatedly with penetrating oil.

in. Worked 3 hours even though we are shutdown. Learned welding 16ga with a miller whateverthefuck 302 and .045 wire is not easy. Have something in my eye I cant find or flush out, cant see out of it. This week can end any time now.

That soft line metal end will have 2 flat sides somewhere that a wrench will fit on. Then try a flare nut wrench on the flare nut. you can vice grip the flare nut wrench to make it even tighter too. Id do al lot more cleanup there too first. Like a toothbrush and brakleen or carb spray or degreaser until all that sludge is gone.

That soft line metal end will have 2 flat sides somewhere that a wrench will fit on. Then try a flare nut wrench on the flare nut. you can vice grip the flare nut wrench to make it even tighter too.

Id do al lot more cleanup there too first. Like a toothbrush and brakleen or carb spray or degreaser until all that sludge is gone.

/
Totally agree, and will do. :beer:

Tomorrow is another work day for me. Dipshits are already setting off fireworks in the neighborhood / nearby.
Some just don’t comprehend damage they can cause with aerials.

Saturday we will hang out with our usual crowd. No other plans for this weekend, might be getting some side work through a friend, construction/remodel gig.

Top Back Refresh