What's new

Tires

FleshEater

Ordinary Average Guy
Member Number
Loc
Pennsylvania
Anyone ever run the General HTS on their tow rigs?

I don't need a real aggressive tread, as I only tow in warmer weather. Just looking for a decent tire with decent tread life. Currently running Cooper AT's, but didn't expect to tow with this vehicle, and killed the lighter compound in 20,000 miles or so.

LTX wear great, had really good luck with Toyo AT II

No.

I really like my current Toyo AT2's.

I had the Toyo HT's prior and they were great towing tires. I imagine the General's would be comparable. The HT's had deep tread but tightly spaced blocks so they never felt squirmy.

Thanks guys! I'll check out those Toyos and the Michelins. I'd like to order up a set of wheels for this, and run towing tires in the summer, and then beat stock wheels in the winter.

I ran the Grabber HTS when I was hotshotting in a 3500 SRW. Decent enough ride and traction, and they wore better than the LTX/MS Michelins they replaced. I sold the truck and went to the oilfield when the tires only had about 45,000 miles on them, but they still had most of the tread left.

No shit, the LTX on my DRW 2018 are looking thin for less than 20k miles on them.

About 35,000 miles on LTX M/Ts. Drag loaded 14k goosenecks pretty regular. This is typical for both trucks. F-250 CCLB 4x4 6.7PS.
20200527_110154.jpg

I ran the Grabber HTS when I was hotshotting in a 3500 SRW. Decent enough ride and traction, and they wore better than the LTX/MS Michelins they replaced. I sold the truck and went to the oilfield when the tires only had about 45,000 miles on them, but they still had most of the tread left.

I run these, cheap, good wear, good traction. On about 49K, look like they will go another 20k.

I’m stupid and got 35x12.5r17 toyo MT for my tow rig. They’re almost worn out and I’ve only put on about 12,000 miles. Yikes...

looking forward to switching changing my falken ATs on when I get the new wheels.

No.

I really like my current Toyo AT2's.

I had the Toyo HT's prior and they were great towing tires. I imagine the General's would be comparable. The HT's had deep tread but tightly spaced blocks so they never felt squirmy.

I hated my Toyo HT's. They always felt squirmy to me but they did last 80k miles. I think I had 7/32 left when one separated.

Liked my Toyo AT2's right up until they sucked on anything looking like a wet road. Wet traction so bad that I was spinning the tires at 70 when towing up hill on a damp road. Having good luck with the Hankook AT's that replaced them so far.

I have about 10k miles on my Cooper discoverer AT3s mounted on a 07 single cab Duramax. Most of the time the truck is unloaded but has had some weight on them. Tires look barely used. Once ran them with one tire at 25ish lbs of air (small air leak) with a 30’ dual tandem and backhoe through a plowed field then 10 miles into town. I’m surprised the tire didn’t blow. Happy with them.

93CDA865-7050-4936-B225-124A00ED40BB.jpeg

830F1297-779C-4E18-8EDE-7DB8380CD26F.jpeg

332B3774-3541-43E9-8DAB-B3C4E2525951.jpeg

I like the AT3 xlt a lot they have been on my truck for about 30k miles and easily have 20k left in them on my 15 ram 2500. It’s not heavy like 8800 I think most of the time but I would say 70% of my driving is around town so I figured they wouldn’t go that long. Traction is great they are quiet I would definitely buy them again

I'm currently runnig Cooper AT3's. My E loads are holding up well, but my wife insists on towing with the Tahoe and I didn't equip it with E's. Man, just that light SXS and trailer towing ate those tires up in 20,000 miles. I don't have enough miles on my truck to say they're great tires, but the E's are wearing nicely right now. Maybe I'll just stick with Coopers...

Top Back Refresh