What's new

Tire spoons that don't suck

Slander

Team no stickys
Member Number
Loc
Hickory, NC
Any suggestions? I heard the ones from HF suck. These will be for dismounting your typical 37" tire off beadlocks.

These are my favorite for doing tires. Make sure you get the 3/4” diameter ones vs the 7/8”. I hate the 7/8”.

I also grid off that nipple on the flat end and polish the ends up to a shine so the tire slides nice.

Random website

I've only borrowed spoons from people and remember reading on the old site that the HF ones suck, hence the question as in looking to just buy some.
shrug, I have done a bunch manually, and they live on the tire changer
use them for motorcycle/ATV too

they are pretty cheap, not a big investment

I will say that they will work
I will also say that they care not indestructible either :beer:

I've done a bunch with my HF 18" spoons, mostly surplus 37s onto normal wheels though. I have big ones for doing semi tires too but you have to have some self control with the long irons, it's easy to get over-eager and take too big of bites with those on car/pickup size stuff.

I have bent both of the HF tire spoons that I bought. The shape is fine, but they aren't hardened steel. :homer:

Concrete stakes from HD.
20220327_154620.jpg

Smash and grind...

20220406_214128.jpg

20220406_214135.jpg

This was doubtless the best use of my time. Works fine.

I used these to mount 40s twice. One set of old worn out MTRs and a newer set of Togo’s I think. They worked fine, I just probably wanted more leverage only because I think it would have been easier. They never bent or slipped.

I used these to mount 40s twice. One set of old worn out MTRs and a newer set of Togo’s I think. They worked fine, I just probably wanted more leverage only because I think it would have been easier. They never bent or slipped.

Harbor freight has them for $7 each so you'd save freight and get them now.

I have a couple, they're good for most anything under a 35 or so. I picked up some longer spoons from speedway that are basically like what the subybaja made that work for larger stuff.

I have the HF 24" and the Speedway 30" irons. The HF do end up bending a bit, the Speedways keep their shape well.

Top Back Refresh