What's new

Tire Pressure Gauge and Inflator!

My powetank will get frosty but won't freeze and stop flowing. It'll get cold enough that I have to thaw the coupler to get the hose off though.

I have a pcl mk3 tyre inflator in the shop and it's been awesome. Have had it for a couple of years now. I took the stock end off (npt thread) and put a quick connect fitting on the end to swap out chuck types when I need to. They discontinued the mk3 and now make a mk4, looks nicer.

Last edited:
Would love a regulator that fits on a scuba air tank, have a old dive regulator but it does not work correctly for anything I would use it for.

Would love a regulator that fits on a scuba air tank, have a old dive regulator but it does not work correctly for anything I would use it for.
You can get LP to 1/4npt or air chuck from most bigger scuba shops. I know Piranha has them and I think dive gear express does. Not hard to find and old 1st stage reg cheap on facebook. Despite what the industry tells you most are super simple to rebuild.

I have one of these for shop use Astro Pneumatic 3018 DIGITAL TIRE INFLATOR | Tool Discounter

Seems very accurate and repeatable. The dual trigger takes a little getting used to but its nice once you do. For mobile I just use a HF one with a swapped gauge. Works fine for that case

Reactions: PAE
X whatever on the enclosed Milton inflator. I have one in the garage and one that I keep on the jeep to use with my York. All of the dial type gauges seemed too delicate.

It sucks that you had a bad experience with Milton, their V style fittings changed my life. I would only pull out air tools as a last resort because all of my chinese air fittings would hiss at me.

I’m a big fan of the Astro pneumatic digital inflator. Ive had mine about 4 years in a automotive shop and just had to buy a new hose for it. Still works great, about $70 on amazon

I have an old Craftsman inflator from the late 80's that came with an oilless air compressor i had. It is nearly identical to this Amflo unit, and may be the same thing:

about 5 years ago i rebuilt it with an o-ring kit. one of the neat things is that the bottom of the gauge stem has a little threaded piece on the "piston" to adjust the reading. i used a nice dial type tire gauge to compare readings and adjusted the Craftsman inflator to match. good enough for tires and any time i check it against another gauge, it is right on.

I take this inflator with me everywhere i go and should probably buy a couple more for my portable compressors. I've tried the HF's and have not been happy with them.

Glad I found this in the below topic bar in my search results for "Tire Pressure Gauge" - No results found :lmao:

Under " Are you sure this hasn't been posted before ? "

I have similar requirement. Preferably all in one tool.

My high dollar Milton digital can do 5 psi in my XJ to 80-100psi in truck/trailer, but the damn thing was short lived. :frown:
I should update this.

I took my $75 Milton digital inflator apart. I fixed air leaks in it's valves. casting in the valve was so rough the o-ring was having hard time to seal against.

itve been going strong ever since.

although the locking chuck on it give me griefs lately. Finicky and not guaranteed to not leak while hooked up to a valve stem without holding it perfectly straight and pushing against it.

anyone have suggestion on a locking air chuck to replace it with???

anyone have suggestion on a locking air chuck to replace it with???

I've been eyeballing this for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I love the locknlube attachment for my grease gun from the same people.

71ZS-xqZ73L._AC_SL600_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/JACO-Lightning-Tire-Chuck-F-NPT/dp/B07ZHMB9BF?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Locking chuck with swivel. They also make short 90 degree, and short straight chucks.

Their inflator with gauge is nice as well.

71Vnr+ieKWL._SL600_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ETWXEW...colid=5AKF99D3QFXL&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I ended up with this electronic inflator from Astro Pneumatic. I can't say enough good about it. I see they've got a newer one out, it's green and has different chuck. I like this one, if you half pull the trigger it deflates, keep pulling and it inflates.

Went with digital because it's accurate over the whole reading range unlike analog gauges.

Can also use it as a blow gun since it lets air out without being on a schraeder valve.

Chuck works good, the whole hose swivels. You just clip on the chuck and half rotate to tighten it to a good seal.

Beware there's another "astro" something knockoff brand out there.

71sF16wgPkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Top Back Refresh