What's new

Tire Pressure Gauge and Inflator!

TrailTamer

🤣🖕🏻
Member Number
Loc
Down By The River
I went through astounding amounts of tire gauge and inflators in the past year. The ones with gauge integrated inflator.

can someone make recommendations on what to get, that’s actually proven to last and maintain its accuracy?

I went through 3 units from HF’s and the last blow was the high dollar $70 Milton digital tire inflator. All of HF’s gauges quickly became inaccurate badly. Milton’s blingy digital gauge read -3.5 psi even when the Chuck isn’t attached to a tire and air hose removed and the gauge will not turn off and air leaking like crazy from under the trigger lever.

help?

Milton Heavy-Duty Digital Tire Pressure Gauge and Inflator with Lock-on Chuck S-568, Easy to Read 0.1 Display, Pistol Grip Handle, 20” Hose, 255 PSI Max Pressure, 1/4" NPT (PSI, kPa, Bar, and kg/cm2) Amazon.com

I tried to fix HF’s pistol grip tire inflator by to replace the gauge with a legit one but the thread is not standard pipe thread. I think its straight metric thread with o-ring.

I've had the same trouble. Went through 3 or 4 with no success. I finally went back to a separate gauge.

If any known good one turns up I'd try again.

I use seperate gauge and inflator from the local APS.

Works great I've found that the gauge that comes with the inflator isnt accurate.

Phawk china!
Ok that said....
I built a 4 tire hose for my viair Pump,something like the moreflate item.
(I use the inflator that came with it for test and tune) hook up all 4 ,connect to pump walk away till it shuts off,done.

and have an adj. Compressor regulator and American gauge, the 2 gauges read the same (the pen from the deflators not so much so I chucked it).
so far the pistol grip viair inflator aint leaked, nor failed....
my .02

Last edited:
Someone said the gauge needs to be 3" to be accurate I dunno. ...

I like the simple old school Milton chucks. I use them in the shop and keep one in each rig with the CO2 tanks. These are the type that "hook" on to the threads of the stem so you don't have to hold them while they fill.

1628369155362.png

I have a handful of the Husky digital gauges that used to go on sale for $5 for black friday at home depot. They've been the best ones I've found so far.

Anyone ever freeze a tool up on ?nitro? Aka power tank fuel?

Anyone ever freeze a tool up on ?nitro? Aka power tank fuel?
Power tanks are CO2, not nitrogen.

Don't know what kind of regulators they use, but I have a simple fixed pressure spring regulator for mine and they'll get frosty, but never actually freeze. If I'm airing up after a run, it'll frost a good way up the air line too, but don't think it's ever reached the chuck. You'd have to be running a tool for a long time to freeze it up.

Power tanks are CO2, not nitrogen.

Don't know what kind of regulators they use, but I have a simple fixed pressure spring regulator for mine and they'll get frosty, but never actually freeze. If I'm airing up after a run, it'll frost a good way up the air line too, but don't think it's ever reached the chuck. You'd have to be running a tool for a long time to freeze it up.

Ive frozen my powertank

that said Ive had it for 15 years and dont think Ill ever get rid of it. Just one of those useful random things. Oh, and their coiled hoses are the shit

Ive frozen my powertank

that said Ive had it for 15 years and dont think Ill ever get rid of it. Just one of those useful random things. Oh, and their coiled hoses are the shit

What does it do when it freezes? Stop flowing?

I picked up a couple of these years ago and use them with the regular old 20lb beverage tanks. I went this way mostly because I'm cheap and I could build a setup for under $80 with craigslist tanks and a $40 regulator. They're actually the same regulators that Poly Performance rebadges and sells....I just found them really cheap from the OEM label "Western". They're called "piston type" and are specifically made to not freeze. I've even had my tank fall over and run liquid through without affecting it.

1628385253589.png

I dont remember, it happened when airing up my swampers, which was probably 10+ years ago. sorry, I am pretty useless. :homer:

I want to say yes it stopped flowing

I picked up a couple of these years ago and use them with the regular old 20lb beverage tanks. I went this way mostly because I'm cheap and I could build a setup for under $80 with craigslist tanks and a $40 regulator. They're actually the same regulators that Poly Performance rebadges and sells....I just found them really cheap from the OEM label "Western". They're called "piston type" and are specifically made to not freeze. I've even had my tank fall over and run liquid through without affecting it.

1628385253589.png
Link?

Not sure. They have a manufacturing plant in NJ, but they are probably made in China like everything else.
I just looked again at their website, ready to place an order...

Pressure says min 10 max 120 psi.

Sucks there isn't different ranges. I'd be in for a 0-60 and a 0-20 gauge.

I just looked again at their website, ready to place an order...

Pressure says min 10 max 120 psi.

Sucks there isn't different ranges. I'd be in for a 0-60 and a 0-20 gauge.
They do have a 90 psi unit, it might go lower than 20. Check Amazon. They had them all, except the one I posted.

That was like 12 years ago that I bought them. :laughing:

This is the closest, cheapest one that comes up in a quick search.

Polly is selling that same exact one now for around the same price. I want to say I found the western ones for around $25 back then. Can't find 'em that cheap now.

I have about a dozen tanks I've picked up cheap on CL/FB over the years. I've been meaning to order a bunch of regulators when I see them cheap enough and put together a couple OBA setups to sell.

I have one that I liked from Amazon. Says Gerch on the Guage. Guage flows in the dark too. Seemed to work good until I check my truck tires and they were at 90 instead of 80 :homer:

I'd like one that's good for 120 psi for my trailer but also accurate at 15 psi for my Sami, does that exist?

I'd like one that's good for 120 psi for my trailer but also accurate at 15 psi for my Sami, does that exist?
I have similar requirement. Preferably all in one tool.

My high dollar Milton digital can do 5 psi in my XJ to 80-100psi in truck/trailer, but the damn thing was short lived. :frown:

Top Back Refresh