What's new

Tijuana

trampas

Don't Re Member
Member Number
Loc
San Mexico
2nd year running, most violent city in the world.

Tacos anyone? Naw I'm good, thanks.

My inlaws exclusively fly out of TJ. I flew from there to cabo for $40 round trip. Right into a cat 3/4 hurricane 2 days after we landed. Fuck that trip. :flipoff2:

Danger dogs are the best. I don't even care that they were once Hector and Maria. That shit is good.

I heard they have spread across the border to North Tijuana where Gary lives. Street hot dog carts run by Mexicans, the only immigrants that are allowed to stay.

image-asset.jpeg

My favorite TJ story is buying flan from some lady outside the bar. My friends said I'd die, but had no ill effects and it was the best damned flan I've ever eaten.

My favorite TJ story is buying flan from some lady outside the bar. My friends said I'd die, but had no ill effects and it was the best damned flan I've ever eaten.

I won’t eat from the street vendors in the US, but damn the stuff is good in baja. Best torta of my life at a gas station at 3am driving to Cabo. Still wont buy street hotdogs in LA. 🤷‍♂️

I won’t eat from the street vendors in the US, but damn the stuff is good in baja. Best torta of my life at a gas station at 3am driving to Cabo. Still wont buy street hotdogs in LA. 🤷‍♂️

If you go to New Orleans, lucky dogs are a must

I was working in Veracruz and my Chief Engineer decided he was going to get drunk and eat tacos from every stand he found. We were on the boat 4 days before he left his room. :barf:

2nd year running, most violent city in the world.

Tacos anyone? Naw I'm good, thanks.

Not interested in going there anymore. I used to go there and down to Ensenada, but tired of their police treating an American as an open wallet.
This was all before the cartel shit went down. Also, I've never bothered to get a passport, so that's a no go because of that.

Danger dogs are the best. I don't even care that they were once Hector and Maria. That shit is good.

I heard they have spread across the border to North Tijuana where Gary lives. Street hot dog carts run by Mexicans, the only immigrants that are allowed to stay.

image-asset.jpeg

My understanding is they're up in Los Angeles. Never seen one in San Diego. They might be here, but I haven't seen them.

I've eaten from lots of street stands in TJ and Ensenada and never gotten sick. The fish tacos in Ensenada were tasty.

Not interested in going there anymore. I used to go there and down to Ensenada, but tired of their police treating an American as an open wallet.
This was all before the cartel shit went down. Also, I've never bothered to get a passport, so that's a no go because of that.

Friend of mine got married down there 7ish years ago and got pissed when I told her I wasn't going unless I could be armed. Fawk that.

I've eaten from lots of street stands in TJ and Ensenada and never gotten sick. The fish tacos in Ensenada were tasty.

Only got sick once. Wandered out of Anthony's in Ensenada and hit up the dog vendor. There were 3 on the grill and 3 of us. we all got one. I thought, man I could sure go for another one of those. I turned around and like magic, there was on more. Drunk me did not consider that it had only been on the grill for about 2 min's. It was good, but I paid dearly for it.

But I grew up going down there so I'm pretty much immune to anything. From 16-21 we partied in TJ every weekend. There was a restaurant next to Denny's on Revolution that had the best food. They had a little old lady up front had making the tortilla's. They were the best ever.

Buy a cup when you go in and all you can drink. Gallons of shitty beer later you got a death dog or 2 to top it all off.

Anybody else go to shows at Iguana's?

Top Back Refresh