What's new

Thursdays COVID thread

My work is letting me come back since I got the jab.

So far, I'm not impressed with the reality vs the narrative.

Awesome !! Actually, not all that surprising. It is an acknowledgement that the entire bullshit is bullshit.

Jimmy Dore has a good video on YouTube putting together all the Dems saying don't take the vax pre election.
Tried searching, no luck. Need a title, or maybe a link itself?

My 6 yr old had a mild headache Wednesday around 4:30.
Around 2 on Thursday we see the pediatrician and turns out he has the rona.
My work is letting me come back since I got the jab.

Work says you don't have to quarantine because you can't spread it since you got the jab, right? :laughing:

[ Dore clip]
here's the uninterrupted source video:

Since this is the latest covid thread I found....

No shit....it’s all cyclical. Florida spiked in the summer and it cooled off. Now it’s CA’s turn....I just chuckle that the excessive mandates didn’t work....but when FL was spiking everyone was saying it was because no one wore masks.

All I can say is I’m happy where I’m at. I walk into a grocery store, some people are wearing a mask, some aren’t wearing a mask. Everyone is getting along and doing their own thing. That’s what America is about.

All I can say is I’m happy where I’m at. I walk into a grocery store, some people are wearing a mask, some aren’t wearing a mask. Everyone is getting along and doing their own thing. That’s what America is about.

It's the same in California

Got a friend in the hospital now with it. Like many of us he refused the vaccine. They are trying to get him on the vent but he's resisting that also...which I think is the right decision. Most that go on it don't come off.

Got a friend in the hospital now with it. Like many of us he refused the vaccine. They are trying to get him on the vent but he's resisting that also...which I think is the right decision. Most that go on it don't come off.
I hope it works out for him!

As do I but he's struggling. Oxygen levels are bouncing back and forth.

His daughter is wondering how to get him some ivermectin.

Is he able to get the monoclonal antibody treatment?
Some have thrown a lot of antibiotics at the issue as well.

Is he able to get the monoclonal antibody treatment?
Some have thrown a lot of antibiotics at the issue as well.
I'm not sure of the overall treatment he is receiving. I'll ask his daughter if she knows if they are trying that also.

Hopefully today will be better.

edit: Yes, he did receive the antibody treatment but it doesn't look to have helped.

Prognostics this morning isn't very good. He may be allowed to go home today (which is what he wants) and will be placed on hospice and decisions to be made. 😢

Last edited:
My 6 yr old had a mild headache Wednesday around 4:30. A little Tylenol and we went to soccer practice. Got home and he quickly developed a mild fever. Get him to bed and I stay home with him Thursday. Around 2 on Thursday we see the pediatrician and turns out he has the rona. We pamper him and keep an eye on him all night. This morning, no fever and you'd never know he had shit.

Meanwhile my wife and daughter have to quarantine for 10 days with him. My work is letting me come back since I got the jab.

So far, I'm not impressed with the reality vs the narrative. No one else has any symptoms in our house.
What about all the kids you killed from soccer practice? Did the 100,000 contact tracers get the job done alerting them?

I'd love to know a somewhat accurate figure of how much our federal government has pissed away on this bullshit.

Think about it, probably far more than needed to do something cool like fix our shit roads and bridges. First Class medical care for Veterans and people with permanent disabilities.

Stood up an actual mental health care structure to deal with most of the real problems we all have.

I'm sure it's multiple trillions, and it popped the inflation bubble.

I'm really amazed how easily entire populations get duped by governments.

Well he didn't make it. He pasted yesterday about 2 o'clock 😢

I don't understand how it hits some people so hard and others not much more than a cold.

You'll be missed Morris....

I don't understand how it hits some people so hard and others not much more than a cold.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Sorry about your bud.

It's a very strange disease for sure, some like me have not had any symptoms or maybe not even infected, (I dunno, I haven't been tested), some get it and kick its ass, and some like your friend don't make it.

So sorry. It's tales like this that scares the hell out of me. How old was Morris? Was he a smoker? Obese?

I choose not to vax. It's not required for me nor would I think anybody else in my family would do it. I have a hereditary hard head. And my wife followed suit only because she believes what I believe. I actually feel responsible for her actions. But it's like we have been totally immune? We rode the last cruise ship in March of 2020 and it was packed. We had some flu symptoms but nothing severe and only for a couple of days. Everybody else we knew on the cruise got sick but they got tested knowing but tested negative. They've all since had it, tested positive and negative again.

Most of our family besides us has had it. They quarantined and got over it. Some with vax, some not. One got hit harder than the rest with breathing complications but he refused to budge from the couch. I know no one personally that has died from it?

Us???:shaking: We wash our hands just because we're sanitized human beings but we don't ever wear a mask unless we have to, to sit down and eat. Or to buy booze or whatever. And we are extremely socially active. Since day one we never stopped attending large parties with friends and family. We have always acted as if "the cove" never existed. And to beat it all my wife is a goodbye kisser. Everybody gets it on the lips or cheek depending on preference. She takes it after her mom. I always joke and say she kisses everybody but the dog when it's time to say goodbye. And then I'm a hand shaker. I sell a lot of used parts, meet a lot of people and I prefer a firm hand shake with anybody I've never met yet.

I am like scratching my head wondering if me or the wife will get bad sick? I lost my mom and dad last year but neither of covid. And 2 years ago I witnessed a miracle when my dad went on the breathing machine and pulled out of it given just a 5% chance. So I know it can be done but I also saw exactly what a breathing machine does to the body. He lasted another year before Leukemia Cancer was just too much.

I feel as if I'm in a bubble. But I worry when it spikes. And I thought this shit would be long gone by now but seems it's never going away now. Is it too late to get the vax? Should I even consider if it's only for my wife's sake? Or is it meant to be that I will be laughing at all this years from now knowing I beat it like a damn champ...

So sorry. It's tales like this that scares the hell out of me. How old was Morris? Was he a smoker? Obese?

I choose not to vax. It's not required for me nor would I think anybody else in my family would do it. I have a hereditary hard head. And my wife followed suit only because she believes what I believe. I actually feel responsible for her actions. But it's like we have been totally immune? We rode the last cruise ship in March of 2020 and it was packed. We had some flu symptoms but nothing severe and only for a couple of days. Everybody else we knew on the cruise got sick but they got tested knowing but tested negative. They've all since had it, tested positive and negative again.

Most of our family besides us has had it. They quarantined and got over it. Some with vax, some not. One got hit harder than the rest with breathing complications but he refused to budge from the couch. I know no one personally that has died from it?

Us???:shaking: We wash our hands just because we're sanitized human beings but we don't ever wear a mask unless we have to, to sit down and eat. Or to buy booze or whatever. And we are extremely socially active. Since day one we never stopped attending large parties with friends and family. We have always acted as if "the cove" never existed. And to beat it all my wife is a goodbye kisser. Everybody gets it on the lips or cheek depending on preference. She takes it after her mom. I always joke and say she kisses everybody but the dog when it's time to say goodbye. And then I'm a hand shaker. I sell a lot of used parts, meet a lot of people and I prefer a firm hand shake with anybody I've never met yet.

I am like scratching my head wondering if me or the wife will get bad sick? I lost my mom and dad last year but neither of covid. And 2 years ago I witnessed a miracle when my dad went on the breathing machine and pulled out of it given just a 5% chance. So I know it can be done but I also saw exactly what a breathing machine does to the body. He lasted another year before Leukemia Cancer was just too much.

I feel as if I'm in a bubble. But I worry when it spikes. And I thought this shit would be long gone by now but seems it's never going away now. Is it too late to get the vax? Should I even consider if it's only for my wife's sake? Or is it meant to be that I will be laughing at all this years from now knowing I beat it like a damn champ...
I am going to guess that you have had it and just didn't know it
but I am not a Doctor

I am basically going at it like you are

I am going to guess that you have had it and just didn't know it
but I am not a Doctor

I am basically going at it like you are
I'm far from a doctor if that's what you were saying? I had a 2 week crash course when my dad was in there but that's it. I'm pretty stupid when it comes medical actually for I don't take any meds.

And I'm hoping you are right. But what's the odds me and the wife both had it and never had any symptoms???

He was 62. Didn't smoke but like many previously had. Over weight...as most of us but certainly not obese. Un-Vaxed and refused it. Non drinker. Some are saying (if he had only gotten the vaccine). He's dead, its irrelevant and I'm not getting into that discussion as their minds are set even though many vaxed have also died. Shrug.

I only had a sniffle along with no taste or smell and not vaxed either. From what I can gather, those with O+ or O- seem to have less or less sever symptoms...but I'm not a doctor.

I'm far from a doctor if that's what you were saying? I had a 2 week crash course when my dad was in there but that's it. I'm pretty stupid when it comes medical actually for I don't take any meds.

And I'm hoping you are right. But what's the odds me and the wife both had it and never had any symptoms???
If you're both O+ or O- it can be quite high.

If it is all around you
you are around people in mass
if it is as contagious as they claim it is

I know family that have had covid that didn't even know they had it, they know because they got tested (going to have a baby) and it was part of the check in process

I am 99% sure that I have had it, it took me a little while, kid was down for a day and was back up to normal

I'm just looking at the odds
some immune systems are better than others :beer:

Top Back Refresh