What's new

Thunderbrake?

Pretty sure they gave up on making it a production product. if it's the same thing I remember looking into a while ago.

No way this would ever be CARB or EPA approved...

Pretty sure they gave up on making it a production product. if it's the same thing I remember looking into a while ago.

I remember seeing it a few years back on that other site, guess I'm stuck with an exhaust brake

How is that better than something like a pacbrake?

From their youtube channel: Comments are disabled because, as was printed in Diesel Power Magazine, "If we allow vulgar children with keyboards to become the voice of our industry, it will be gone in a generation."

They sound like a bunch of Harley fags but for diesels. "We want to make lots of noise so people look at us but we're also a bunch of pussies that can't handle mean words because they hurt!"

From their youtube channel: Comments are disabled because, as was printed in Diesel Power Magazine, "If we allow vulgar children with keyboards to become the voice of our industry, it will be gone in a generation."

They sound like a bunch of Harley fags but for diesels. "We want to make lots of noise so people look at us but we're also a bunch of pussies that can't handle mean words because they hurt!"

Compression release will generate more force to slow you down. It uses the engines compression against itself vs choking off exhaust flow equally to all cylinders. They work well on class 8 trucks and aren't too loud if you run mufflers.

For the money I would rather swap in a HE351VE over a Pacbrake and gain a quicker spool with less smoke

we have a 3 stage jake on our big cam 3/400 toter and that fucker will wake dead hookers burried in the vegas desert. And yes it has mufflers.

:laughing:

I guess loud is a subjective term. Glad I'm not the only asshole with a noisy vehicle here.

we have a 3 stage jake on our big cam 3/400 toter and that fucker will wake dead hookers burried in the vegas desert. And yes it has mufflers.

Same with our dump truck, except for the mufflers. It is LOUD. :grinpimp:

We have 3 stage jakes on out Detroit dd13's and 2 cummins n14's.

they are pretty damn quiet...the dd13's did get a little louder once deleted, but still not obnoxious. I use them on surface streets in the city and have never gotten a second glace from the popo.

packbrake made a compression release brake called loadleash for commonrail engines for awile. I dont think they sold very many though as they discontinued production.

When I saw the term brake, I thought of the wood block brake that's used on the SF cable cars.

But in this case pressed down upon the pavement with force of hydraulic cylinders.

Same on my old KW. Except straight pipes. It sounds like a naval broadside on full. Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

compression release brake is whatever your engine makes for compression acting against the piston slowing you down, call it 200 psi without the extra internal volume caused by a compression tester
whereas an exhaust brake will do what, like 30 psi before you're hanging the valves open?
going one further in the comparison, intake manifold vacuum on a gas motor only gives you like 12 psi worth of braking

compression release brake is whatever your engine makes for compression acting against the piston slowing you down, call it 200 psi without the extra internal volume caused by a compression tester
whereas an exhaust brake will do what, like 30 psi before you're hanging the valves open?
going one further in the comparison, intake manifold vacuum on a gas motor only gives you like 12 psi worth of braking

A 12v is going to be 4-500psi if it's in good shape.

We have 3 stage jakes on out Detroit dd13's and 2 cummins n14's.

they are pretty damn quiet...the dd13's did get a little louder once deleted, but still not obnoxious. I use them on surface streets in the city and have never gotten a second glace from the popo.

DD13's don't have a jake brake. Its an engine brake and they suck compared to a real Jacobs Brake.

Well thats just neater than beans. Sure as hell doesn't sound like a typical exhaust brake. And seems to do a good job slowing our 90,000 lb trucks down.

However they work, glad they have 'em. 👍

Every single DD series I've run, the engine brake sucks more dick than Richard Simmons.

And thats why I own a Cat :grinpimp:

Every single DD series I've run, the engine brake sucks more dick than Richard Simmons.

And thats why I own a Cat :grinpimp:
I've grossed 100k in a daycab cascadia with the civic special (dd13 with the Detroit 12 spd auto)
The exhaust brake worked as long as you aren't a tailgating dickbutt.

If I wanna drive a real knee knocker, ill get in the international cabover with the 400 big cam.

But my manhood doesn't hinge on a truck.

I've grossed 100k in a daycab cascadia with the civic special (dd13 with the Detroit 12 spd auto)
The exhaust brake worked as long as you aren't a tailgating dickbutt.

If I wanna drive a real knee knocker, ill get in the international cabover with the 400 big cam.

But my manhood doesn't hinge on a truck.
Meh, the older jakes did what you needed. The newer rigs like the Cummins isx and x-15, those are game changers on grades. No brakes grossing 120k down a 10% game changer…..

Top Back Refresh