What's new

This Tracker worth anything?

crispins

FJB
Member Number
Loc
Pigeon Forge, TN
I have a simple tracker I have been putting together but I really want one with solid axles under it.

This one just came up for sale, 9 hours from my house so I would have to send my transport guy to pick it up.

The guy who has it dosen't seem to know shit about it

it is a Facebook sale so dealing with just, well you know.

It has Sammy axles under it and the sammy t-case.
241573006_257338079450303_4501103524751720085_n.jpg
241635063_209667047888392_3789630607985425421_n.jpg
240495560_4533469980051203_2320037449103800335_n.jpg
240487109_4533469970051204_3677102585254108503_n.jpg

Goal would be to use this one, sell mine off.

The asking price is around $2,500 so not much money.

can you look at these potato pics and tell me if this is worth $3k+ (my cost with transportation)

Attachments

• 240504791_4533470006717867_6696083558628749193_n.jpg
    240504791_4533470006717867_6696083558628749193_n.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 30
I'd want to hear it and drive it in person before forking over the cash unless your ok with buying a potential headache.

People that claim they don't know anything about what they are selling usually know the entire story, it's not good and they are trying to make it someone else's problem. :laughing:

I got a set of built Yota axles with 5.29's and lockers, PSC hydro assist complete from box to resi, driveshafts, a bad ass skid plate made by Shrockworks and a bunch of other shit that could turn your current tracker into a fun toy. Piles and piles of parts that I'll never use.....

I have a simple tracker I have been putting together but I really want one with solid axles under it.

This one just came up for sale, 9 hours from my house so I would have to send my transport guy to pick it up.

The guy who has it dosen't seem to know shit about it

it is a Facebook sale so dealing with just, well you know.

It has Sammy axles under it and the sammy t-case.

can you look at these potato pics and tell me if this is worth $3k+ (my cost with transportation)

I'd argue to say any titled, running, driving, 4x4 is worth $2500. That being said the rust/scale in the rear axle pic scares me away.
I got a set of built Yota axles with 5.29's and lockers, PSC hydro assist complete from box to resi, driveshafts, a bad ass skid plate made by Shrockworks and a bunch of other shit that could turn your current tracker into a fun toy. Piles and piles of parts that I'll never use.....

$3.50

I'll pick it all up next week on my way back to TX :smokin: I'll add it to my pile and half dozen yotas.

I wish I had the skills to put that together.

Those parts are really what I would rather have.

I just have never learned welding or fab, I can mechanical anything.

Of course I could figure it out but I work 80+ hours a week 9 months a year and get 3 months off to wheel, I just want to wheel and not build anything.

I would love those parts, they sound perfect for what I want. I just don't know of a way of making it work.

All the parts came off this one....

20171014_120619.jpg

20171014_104835.jpg

20171014_105421.jpg
I wish that was for sale as that is 100% what I am wanting

Seriously I'd happily pay good money for a setup like that.

You dont have the links or any of the other stuff?

That pic makes me sad as that is the perfect vehicle for what I want.

Rthrough the doors, insanely rusted under carriage….

I don’t think I’d pay $3k… bringing rust to TN seems blasphemous…

I wish that was for sale as that is 100% what I am wanting

Seriously I'd happily pay good money for a setup like that.

You dont have the links or any of the other stuff?

That pic makes me sad as that is the perfect vehicle for what I want.

I have the links.... kinda. Fronts are all there and technically the rears are too but I started converting it to a double triangulated 4 link and had aluminum links made. Chassis and tires are long gone, Dumptruck.the.wookie bought the 4-1 transfer case for his Tracker but I have most of the rest of the stuff.

I agree with the too much rust as well. I'd offer less. Just throw an offer out there for a sight unseen deal, like 13-1600 and see if they take it.

Looks like an $800 pos to me, unless it has every upgrade possible, which I doubt, considering it has a driveshaft spacer on the front.

Sami axle is ~6" narrower than a tracker, they just don't work very well as a solid axle swap. Unless you really only want to run 30s, but then youre better off with the ifs.

Toyota axles are a good fit for a small tracker. Get some 33s, 5.71s and peel out. Otherwise, keep/upgrade the ifs.

Looks like an $800 pos to me, unless it has every upgrade possible, which I doubt, considering it has a driveshaft spacer on the front.

Sami axle is ~6" narrower than a tracker, they just don't work very well as a solid axle swap. Unless you really only want to run 30s, but then youre better off with the ifs.

Toyota axles are a good fit for a small tracker. Get some 33s, 5.71s and peel out. Otherwise, keep/upgrade the ifs.
I want Toyota axles and 33's, that is the perfect setup for me.

I did not know that the Sammy axles were 6" narrower.

I guess I will keep looking.

Riding season is almost here and I just want to have something capable.

That thing looks beat for $2500. But then again, everything is stupid so...

That Tracker on Toys is badass.

I want Toyota axles and 33's, that is the perfect setup for me.

I did not know that the Sammy axles were 6" narrower.

I guess I will keep looking.

Riding season is almost here and I just want to have something capable.

I wheeled my Sami like that for a few years. Was probably my favorite over all set up. Even with bone stock internals, I never managed to break anything with a 6.4 case.

Toy axles with a coils f&r, 5.71s and SxS 33-35s would be a pretty fun rig as well.

I am passing on it.

I want to link mine I guess I will just have to figure out how to do it myself.

Good call. Buy a 220V MIG welder, something like a basic Hobart, and practice on scrap steel. And a good high-amp angle grinder with cutoff wheels and flap discs. It's damn easy. Then find an off the shelf kit or study various designs and buzz everything onto the frame. It's just a matter of time like you said ... Hard to squeeze in the work, but a little here and a little there adds up.

I would move on and keep looking if you want a turn-key wheeling rig.

Times are TOUGH to find a turn key wheeler that isn't a POS, and not priced over the moon. At least in the PNW what used to be a $5k decent wheeler is an $8-10k rig now.

I wheeled my Sami like that for a few years. Was probably my favorite over all set up. Even with bone stock internals, I never managed to break anything with a 6.4 case.
Cautionary note on the 6.5s in the t/c: make sure its properly secured. Get that snatch thing. I fought broken mounts for a year. I freaking TORE that case apart. There wasn't a secure mounting hole left after I was done with it. Half way up a mountain, I went to shift, and the shifter was gone. Broke all my mounts and the shift knob was on the floor. Drivetrain was dangling. I had to run my winch line over my cage and suck up the slack to get back to the trailer.

Cautionary note on the 6.5s in the t/c: make sure its properly secured. Get that snatch thing. I fought broken mounts for a year. I freaking TORE that case apart. There wasn't a secure mounting hole left after I was done with it. Half way up a mountain, I went to shift, and the shifter was gone. Broke all my mounts and the shift knob was on the floor. Drivetrain was dangling. I had to run my winch line over my cage and suck up the slack to get back to the trailer.
Having installed a snatch and a low range eos "end of story" cradle. I'd go eos hands down. It's a spine style, so it grabs more bolts. It's 3 piece so it's way easier to install and remove. Then the way it mounts to the frame is better imo. It adds an extra mount on the driver side under the trans mount and puts that side in compression instead of tension like stock.

Having installed a snatch and a low range eos "end of story" cradle. I'd go eos hands down. It's a spine style, so it grabs more bolts. It's 3 piece so it's way easier to install and remove. Then the way it mounts to the frame is better imo. It adds an extra mount on the driver side under the trans mount and puts that side in compression instead of tension like stock.
Are you guys talking about Sammys or Trackers?

You mentioned a 6.5 TC and that is def sammy only.

Top Back Refresh