What's new

Thinking of selling out and becoming ghey with the rest of you

Rhino's are great, they really are the og sxs. Sure there was utility stuff like the gator and mule before, but nobody wants that on the trails.

Not exactly family friendly though. There are rear seat kits, but they're kinda wierd and not typically CA legal.
That was our one “want” that I sacrificed on this purchase. A true 4 seater, with a usable bed is a hard fit in our toy hauler. The pioneer and newer mule were out of the budget. I could pick up a secon rhino or Viking at this point, probably fit both in the toy hauler and be just slightly over budget.

i repaired a neighbors pioneer earlier today that had the front upper A arm on the driver side rip the bolt through the bracket after a crash, despite the break im impressed how well it held up, and 4 seats without it being a mile long is sweet

and 4 seats without it being a mile long is sweet

That feature alone is huge. Almost every 4 seat SxS I see looks like a lowrider limo and doesn't look like it can go over a parking block without high centering. I'm sure they are fine in the sand dunes but I wouldn't want to trail wheel most 4 seat SxS's. The Yamaha R Maxx is decent but the rear seats are a mile in the air compared to the front and all I can picture with that setup is an overly high center of gravity.

The Kawasaki Teryx 4 seater is a nice short package. Only complaints I know of are top speed and cab heat. Think 54 mph tops and everyone complains about how hot they are inside

Reactions: DMG
I’m going the other way… I’m out of the turbo golf cart game:

Attachments

• 5728CE63-8E4D-477F-A4DE-03070A1D222E.jpeg
    5728CE63-8E4D-477F-A4DE-03070A1D222E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
That was quick. :flipoff2:

What made you change your mind?
yeah, sure - ill acknowledge that, i sold it with 504miles and 74 hours on it in.

we originally bought the machine to pre-run KOH'21. it did amazing in the west. it carried 4 fat kids around the hammers like a damn fluffy limo. it really is at home in the desert and ripping around long trails. i live in south Louisiana and i like to rock crawl. the only thing farther away from me than rocks, is dunes and whoops.

the final nail in the coffin was my last trip to Hot Springs ORV. i brought them both (JL and X3), and after crawling the can am for one day with stickies and portals, i parked it and used my JL for everything.

the pros for me:
its is an awesome machine, lots of fun, power to weight is REALLY FAST, the vehicle dynamics and suspension are as close to an actual race car as ive ever owned and unique vehicle (for here) with a healthy aftermarket following.

cons for my particular situation:
not street legal - was warned once VERY sternly that it would be impounded (i live in new orleans city limits)
not good in small places (im not talking the turning radius which was also horrible) this thing needs miles of trails to really get moving and open up the suspension
not good at crawling - now it will go up some nasty trails, but its not technical tire placement, it will not crawl, its just pointing and shooting
it always felt like i was strangling a race car when i used it. never in the turbo and way too much machine for what i was asking it to do.

the replacement fits my needs and scratches a good nostalgia itch for me

LunchBoxFab gonna need to see some pics of the Scrambler..
82C76780-2FAB-4A5E-A4EB-37314E2C4587.jpeg

5.7 TBI vortec
700r4
D300
10&12 bolt
We also agreed that when I found a set of tons, he would gear &lock them for me

I knew this scrambler from way back when it was originally built up. I know the OG builder and the now seller. It’s a SOLID unit with good bones and I hope to keep her for a long while. I tried to buy this unit when the owner got a divorce, but I wasn’t ready financially. It came up again (without the 3 speed stak and 60/14b) and I couldn’t pass it up.

10E07D2A-E158-4C27-B849-0B12D90CC913.jpeg

dang that thing is straight.. :smokin:

What's the plan? won tons, 35-37s and easy family crawler? hate to see that nice Jeep get raisined

dang that thing is straight.. :smokin:

What's the plan? won tons, 35-37s and easy family crawler? hate to see that nice Jeep get raisined
It is very straight. A few big scrapes in a couple places, light rock rash. I love it.

Yeah. Overall plans are Reds, tons, and some moderate crawling. Keep some ATs for the road. 90% sunny day driving 10% off-road duty. It doesn’t have top or doors or even wipers. The entire body outside of the hood and cowl is armored. I hope to keep it nice ish

yeah, sure - ill acknowledge that, i sold it with 504miles and 74 hours on it in.

we originally bought the machine to pre-run KOH'21. it did amazing in the west. it carried 4 fat kids around the hammers like a damn fluffy limo. it really is at home in the desert and ripping around long trails. i live in south Louisiana and i like to rock crawl. the only thing farther away from me than rocks, is dunes and whoops.

the final nail in the coffin was my last trip to Hot Springs ORV. i brought them both (JL and X3), and after crawling the can am for one day with stickies and portals, i parked it and used my JL for everything.

the pros for me:
its is an awesome machine, lots of fun, power to weight is REALLY FAST, the vehicle dynamics and suspension are as close to an actual race car as ive ever owned and unique vehicle (for here) with a healthy aftermarket following.

cons for my particular situation:
not street legal - was warned once VERY sternly that it would be impounded (i live in new orleans city limits)
not good in small places (im not talking the turning radius which was also horrible) this thing needs miles of trails to really get moving and open up the suspension
not good at crawling - now it will go up some nasty trails, but its not technical tire placement, it will not crawl, its just pointing and shooting
it always felt like i was strangling a race car when i used it. never in the turbo and way too much machine for what i was asking it to do.

the replacement fits my needs and scratches a good nostalgia itch for me

Sounds like you just reinforced everything I posted :flipoff2:

At least you got to have fun with it and not haul it back and forth to the dealer. :laughing:

Love the jeep. Better get rid of the toothpick axles asap...

Sounds like you just reinforced everything I posted :flipoff2:

At least you got to have fun with it and not haul it back and forth to the dealer. :laughing:

Love the jeep. Better get rid of the toothpick axles asap...
yeah. i think if i could have driven it on the road without impunity, i would have kept it much longer.

the axles are on the list - part of the deal is that the seller will lock and gear some one tons when i find them. ill need to take care of trusses, tabs, and steering etc, but if i keep it on leafs for a while, the swap should be easy.

Top Back Refresh