What's new

Thinking about taking up golf again.

DMG

Red Skull Member
Member Number
I need a new cart. Is a 2013 Can Am maverick XRS 1000r going to be a money pit? Or can I run trails and beat on it for a while? It is in good condition overall.

Last edited:
My friend had one and beat on it and never kept up on maintenance, only issue was it would over heat. He kept a hand pressure washer to clean out the rad as it is located down low and got clogged often, he also used the ice coolant but never cured the problem totally.

Reactions: DMG
I traded my atv for this.

20220903_080543.jpg
20220903_080332.jpg

get a spare fuel pump now, cheap and small enough to carry with you, had one fail on a 2014 rzr and screwed my entire trip in Wisconsin because of it. did some reading later and its kinda common for it to go out. fyi other than that fun machine

I have been driving it and want something bigger. Rmax, Teryx, Can Am, What takes a beating, goes through the woods well and is low maintenance?

I have been driving it and want something bigger. Rmax, Teryx, Can Am, What takes a beating, goes through the woods well and is low maintenance?
Rmax is getting great reviews and would be the one I would look at the most if you plan on dropping $20K+. Have a few friends that have the newer model Maverick Sport which they are holding up well. I have a Teryx which is not in the same class but is a lot less money, I have upgraded shocks (814s) which provides a better ride but it won't do what the others will do at the same pace. I will say I have 2k miles on it and even with 30" tires I am still on the oem ball joints, wheel bearings, and tie rods. My teryx is built well, my old rzr I would have changed those parts out multiple times.

To me it seems like the Japanese brands tend to hold up much better with less maintenance. In my mind there is one above the rest...

I had a Teryx4 a few years ago and it was better than this RZR but not amazing. I think either the KRX or the RMAX 1000 would be great but I am having a hard time parting with $20k+ for a SxS.

Another Vote for wolverine RMAX, extremely happy with mine even though I only have a few hundred miles on it. The Wolverine 850 is a bit quieter than the 1k and more cost effective. Keep your eye out for used RMAX machines as well... lots of people bought them during the scamdemic and plenty of good used machines are out there with people just trying to get out from under them.

Another Vote for wolverine RMAX, extremely happy with mine even though I only have a few hundred miles on it. The Wolverine 850 is a bit quieter than the 1k and more cost effective. Keep your eye out for used RMAX machines as well... lots of people bought them during the scamdemic and plenty of good used machines are out there with people just trying to get out from under them.
I am seeing used Rmaxs in my area for the same as new. Is yours a 850 or 1000?

I am seeing used Rmaxs in my area for the same as new. Is yours a 850 or 1000?

Mine is a 1000, I was debating an 850 but once I saw the Rmax2 Sport Color and Features I went with the 1k.

The 850 I drove has plenty of power and is quieter than the 1k, but there are some larger differences in the suspension travel between the X2/X4 platform and the Rmax2/4 chassis. I researched the hell out of the wolverines and realized that by getting the sport I would end up money ahead by the time I bought a base model and added tires wheels etc.

The color and factory beadlocks/tires are more or less what sealed the deal for me. :grinpimp::grinpimp:

20220805_154247.jpg

Rmax is getting great reviews and would be the one I would look at the most if you plan on dropping $20K+. Have a few friends that have the newer model Maverick Sport which they are holding up well. I have a Teryx which is not in the same class but is a lot less money, I have upgraded shocks (814s) which provides a better ride but it won't do what the others will do at the same pace. I will say I have 2k miles on it and even with 30" tires I am still on the oem ball joints, wheel bearings, and tie rods. My teryx is built well, my old rzr I would have changed those parts out multiple times.
Holy fuck that makes no sense to me.

My 2 maverick sports are the biggest piles of shit I have in every way.

The build quality is the lowest of any machine I own, seats wearing out, all plastic is truring gray from sun, axles that click constantly, electrical issues, ect .

I STRONGLY recommend any machine but a sport

Run from a sport

Holy fuck that makes no sense to me.

My 2 maverick sports are the biggest piles of shit I have in every way.

The build quality is the lowest of any machine I own, seats wearing out, all plastic is truring gray from sun, axles that click constantly, electrical issues, ect .

I STRONGLY recommend any machine but a sport

Run from a sport
So what is holding up the best?

Can am mavericks X3's

It is pretty much all I am buying now.

The one that got stolen had 20k miles on it and rode and looked new and was still on the original everything except for the belt.

They never break, the interior is built well, fucking durable machines.

Believe me I was shocked to see that the sports are fucking piles of shit.

Oh I forgot to mention about the sports, there is so much heat coming from the floor combined with the stupid full doors, they are pretty much unrideable during the summer.

Can am mavericks X3's

It is pretty much all I am buying now.

The one that got stolen had 20k miles on it and rode and looked new and was still on the original everything except for the belt.

They never break, the interior is built well, fucking durable machines.

Believe me I was shocked to see that the sports are fucking piles of shit.

Oh I forgot to mention about the sports, there is so much heat coming from the floor combined with the stupid full doors, they are pretty much unrideable during the summer.
Any particular years of X3 that you like?

I've also heard nothing but good things about the trex units, I just do not have any of them.
Moab rental place said they were bullet proof for rockcrawling, but didn't last as long over all because they were losing motors due to the lower gearing.

Moab rental place said they were bullet proof for rockcrawling, but didn't last as long over all because they were losing motors due to the lower gearing.
I don’t think the bottom end of the Teryx and big Kawasaki atvs it all that great.

Kawasaki KRX 1k primary clutches are also having durability problems with the weight arms and rollers wearing oddly and causing sticking problems. So much so that Dalton put out a special note with their clutch kits that failure due to factory parts wasnt warrantied.

That is true. I would open my door every straight away I could.

Anyone have a stock KRX muffler? The aftermarket thing they put on this is way too loud.

Top Back Refresh