What's new

Things you've wanted to say. Let it out.

Sometimes help is no help at all. Very true at work.
Holy shit is that ever true!

A couple years ago my brother came by to help me do en engine swap ony flatbed Toyota. I spent twice as much time explaining things and telling him what tools to grab then I did working. 12 hours and it still wasn't done. Realized I forgot to pull the pilot bearing flatbed has an auto :homer: and said fuck it, I'm done for the day. The next morning a friend came by and we had the ending out, bearing pulled and back in & running in 5 hours. Knowledge of the project and real experience is priceless.

Actually, depends on what city.
Depends on the well too. My parents well had super hard water that was ok but not great to drink. Our neighbors across the street with a well at roughly the same depth less than 1/4 mile away had fantastic water. Weird.

The shop move we are doing is the dumbest fucking thing, everyone up to the VP of the company thinks its fucking stupid.

The shop that we have been leasing for 5 years costs something like 50k a year to rent but its 12k sq ft and has 3 over head cranes.

We are going to 1 crane and 7k sq ft in a rectangle. We are pushing out the money making guys that build sub assemblies before they are installed. So they are pissed at us and its not our fault.

its been a rumor for 2 years and we have been supposed to have moved by july. now we have hard deadline coming up in 7 days and it doesnt have electric or plumbing and ive only plumbed air in a 3rd of it so far

We have all been embracing the suck and just doing it without bitching at or too each other because we are in the same spot...

I feel more like I do now than when I first got here.

When you're little and young your world is small. When you're old the world gets small again. Mine is getting small again and it' pissing me off. Gone are the 2AM hammer down in the zone and everyhing is right for awhile

download.jpg

Millennial here. We grew up watching all our parents or friends parents get divorced. We don’t want your shit relationship advice.

If you make a cosmetic change to your vehicle, it's not a "mod". It's only a mod if it makes it faster or handle better.

I’d add that most mods are hacked in by amateurs who have no clue what they’re doing… and it almost never increases the cars value unless you find a buyer who likes what you’ve done.

If it makes you feel better do it, but don’t think you’ll ever recoup what you’ve put into it.

I’d add that most mods are hacked in by amateurs who have no clue what they’re doing… and it almost never increases the cars value unless you find a buyer who likes what you’ve done.

If it makes you feel better do it, but don’t think you’ll ever recoup what you’ve put into it.
Since when? This is some cutting edge information for sure, did Greg help you with this post?

Since when? This is some cutting edge information for sure, did Greg help you with this post?

Sorry, but your silver truck nuts and your “cowboys butts drive me nuts” bumper sticker doesn’t make your shitbox more valuable :flipoff2:

And no, putting cheap Ching Chong coil overs on your Honda Civic doesn’t make it worth anymore to anyone but you.

IME, most aftermarket add ons and accessories aren’t installed well and are usually cheap Chinese junk that the owner would’ve been better off leaving stock. Very few actually competent installers, lots of “I wanna be cool” retards with more money than brains.

The American lifestyle that the boomers sold to my generation that would be waiting for us if we did everything right was a lie. It was a lie because the boomers were doing everything in their power to make sure it wouldnt be there.

Oh i am sure plenty of boomers will recoil at that statement, but its true. They will state many things, but their actions belie their statements. The boomers got rich while my generation became permanently indebted. The boomers will retire on a pension or their third retirement. While my generation's 401ks are wiped out due to hyperinflation. The boomers made it to middle management on a GED while my generation struggles to get a teaching job with a masters. The boomers heralded a half century of hawkish global warfare while my generation killed themselves from PTSD. The boomers destroyed manufacturing in the states so they can afford more useless plastic shit from china. The boomers allowed millions of indentured servants into this country so their big mac wont be too expensive and the lawns of their multiple houses will be cut at a fair price. The boomer generation refuses to retire from their six figure useless management positions while complaining my generation doesnt have the same "go get em" attitude they did.

With COVID being the final door slam as the boomers strut their fat asses out the proverbial door of society. The reaction to COVID being one giant mass hypnosis driven by the Boomer's existential fear of death. Because the boomers convinced us on the tyranny of the organized church and embodied the death of god. They lavished in a lifestyle of never ending gluttony and greed. Forsaking our ancient culture and rituals of our forefathers that built the greatest society in the world because "all you need is love, man". They told us "religion is the cure to death anxiety". Which is the most ironic of platitudes as i know of no other generation with more death anxiety than the boomers. They abandoned god and clung to their earthly enchantments.

The abandonment of god by an entire selfish generation is now how we have arrived to the percipience of the end of our society. Teetering on the most egregious of tyrannies, played out for our own "safety", the federal government is going force inject millions of Americans with an untested gene therapy. While the boomer clap like retarded seals as our entire bills of rights is trampled on all in the name of "safety". I wonder sometimes why there is nothing in our constitution or bill of rights outlining the concept of bodily autonomy. But then i realized that the bible sets out plainly that we are all children of god and are made in his image. To act that concept out in the world would not require it be written on a piece of paper. It is embodied in our existence. But, hey guys, John Lennon says all we need is love. Imagine if there was no religion? We would all be happy and vaccinated.

But what do the boomers care? They lived a whole life full of sex, drugs, rock n roll (TM). They have armies of imported slaves to perform all the menial tasks required of their estate's upkeep and to keep their iphones running. They have their pensions and their rental properties, what else do they need?

Which is the point i am making, they are no longer needed. My generation and my sons generation will be the ones who will have to shed blood to hopefully earn back what the boomers squandered away. But unlike in previous wars where we were sent off to some foreign country to die, we will be dying right here. On our own soil. The soil our forefather spilled their own blood.
I'm on the edge of Boomer to Gen X, and have never felt that I had much in common with people born in 1945, I was too young to know anything about Vietnam or Flower Children except what I could see on TV, but blaming all the ills of our current society on one generation is a bit myopic. Boomers lived in 900 sq ft houses and had one car, now people, even Millennials are starting out with 4k houses and a car for everyone in the house.

I blame cheap credit for most of our problems. Jack Welch (and no, he wasn't a boomer), was a big part of the decline of manufacturing when he realized he could make more money on the financing than on the actual dishwasher or whatever. And during the 1945-75 time period, CEO's made 20x of what their average employee made, now it's 100x or even 1000x, and with the overinflated stock market these guys are all million or billionaires. The shift in wealth has been perpetuated by Greatest, Boomer, Gen X and even Millennial generations.

Top Back Refresh