What's new

Things Children Say

Don't sweat it. That's way too young to see what'll turn out.

At 3, he'll be watching more than you know. At 4, you'll wonder how that little fucker sees EVERYTHING.

:smokin:
Oh yeah he does it now. Hes too aware for his own good. The Dr gave him an old stethescope after he wanted hers. He put them on, correctly and was "checking" all of our hearts. Put the pad in the right place and all. He doesnt miss anything. The Doc calls him "precocious". I can think of another phrase. Im usually wore out by the 300th "wasis?" of the day. Hes definately a handful. :smokin:

Oh yeah he does it now. Hes too aware for his own good. The Dr gave him an old stethescope after he wanted hers. He put them on, correctly and was "checking" all of our hearts. Put the pad in the right place and all. He doesnt miss anything. The Doc calls him "precocious". I can think of another phrase. Im usually wore out by the 300th "wasis?" of the day. Hes definately a handful. :smokin:
Enjoy EVERY single minute of it. Yes, it's a fucking pain when you're in it, but ENJOY it. Watch. Be aware of yourself, and what you're unknowingly giving off.

Our pediatrician wanted to test the kid's reaction (eyes, awareness, etc), so he looked down into his shirt pocket to pull out a pen for the "test", and it didn't get more than 4" away before the kid snapped it out of his hands.

The Doc laughed his ass off. After he stopped laughing, he looked at us, and while wiping away his tears, said with a smile: "You've got a live one".

Last edited:
Enjoy EVERY single minute of it. Yes, it's a fucking pain when you're in it, but ENJOY it. Watch. Be aware of yourself, and what you're unknowingly giving off.

Our pediatrician wanted to test the kid's reaction (eyes, awareness, etc), so he looked down into his shirt pocket to pull out a pen for the "test", and it didn't get more than 4" away before the kid snapped it out of his hands.

The Doc laughed his ass off. After he stopped laughing, he looked at us, and while wiping away his tears, said with a smile: "You've got a live one".

Dont get me wrong I love it. It just makes hard to get anything else done sometimes.

My nephew just made wierd noises til about 3, I was convinced his real father was Bobcat Goldthwait :laughing:
Yup thats little dude. He has his own language. He has very specific words for certain things that dont sound anything like what they are. Im actually starting to understand him.

We thought he may have had a hearing problem at first because of the way he repeats certain things like hes not hearing them correctly. He gets the syllable count right but the sounds are completely off. Then he repeats other words perfectly, well two year old perfect. Its usually multi syllable words he has issues with.

Last night we had a little stand off. I told him it was time to go to bed and he said "No!" I asked him "What!?" He looked at me and said "Don wanna!" He went stomping off down the hall with his arms crossed and a scowl and the little shit told my wife on me. "Da da mean!" He scowled at me the whole time I was getting him ready for bed. Id start laughing and he'd go "No!" and glare at me.

Yup thats little dude. He has his own language. He has very specific words for certain things that dont sound anything like what they are. Im actually starting to understand him.

We thought he may have had a hearing problem at first because of the way he repeats certain things like hes not hearing them correctly. He gets the syllable count right but the sounds are completely off. Then he repeats other words perfectly, well two year old perfect. Its usually multi syllable words he has issues with.
My kid is the same way. Completely normal. I understand his language. He gets better with words every day.

The other day my wife was describing a hair curler she saw in tik tok.

She said it was a cylinder that sucked your stuff in and did its thing.

I said sounds like a pocket pussy.

From the back seat my 5yo daughter says "yeah I have one of those."

We both looked back at her and said you have a what?

She started laughing and just said "I don't know what I'm talking about"

Here's my 3yo feeding her t-rex.
31035.png

Apparently my kid is slow, hes not that articulate yet. He just turned 2.
Our pediatrician recommended speech therapy for our daughter who will turn two next month. Cost through the hospital was $500/week. Insurance would cover $0. We ended up finding a private therapist and did it for around 2 months. Honestly, I think it was unnecessary, but it made my wife feel more comfortable. My wife went to all of the appointments and said the therapist did the same stuff we were already doing.

Kid is very aware of everything. She talks more every day.

My kid loves onions. I mean, every type of onion regardless if they are raw or cooked. She yells “onion” in a very demanding way. Last night we went out for supper with the in-laws. The waitress was very confused as to why I wanted a side of raw diced onions for the kids pasta.

My kid loves onions. I mean, every type of onion regardless if they are raw or cooked. She yells “onion” in a very demanding way. Last night we went out for supper with the in-laws. The waitress was very confused as to why I wanted a side of raw diced onions for the kids pasta.
Heh, my kid is the same.

And ketchup on everything. We sliced up some cukes and he was dipping them in ketchup.

Oh, something the wife and I were chatting about.

The use of sir and ma'am/miss

I was going to try to get kiddo to use it. Wife says no. What say you IBB? Too old school?

I was going to try to get kiddo to use it. Wife says no. What say you IBB? Too old school?
Might be a slippery slope now that we can pick our gender :laughing:

If used without a snarky or sarcastic tone, I will never view anyone that uses those as disrespectful.

If used without a snarky or sarcastic tone, I will never view anyone that uses those as disrespectful.
I use them all the time. I avoid using ma'am, but thank you miss is a constant.

Think my wife sees it as too formal.

Our pediatrician recommended speech therapy for our daughter who will turn two next month. Cost through the hospital was $500/week. Insurance would cover $0. We ended up finding a private therapist and did it for around 2 months. Honestly, I think it was unnecessary, but it made my wife feel more comfortable. My wife went to all of the appointments and said the therapist did the same stuff we were already doing.

Kid is very aware of everything. She talks more every day.
We went through the same thing with our son, did speech therapy @2 because he didnt have enough words, i thought it was probably a waste of time- same shit we're doing at home but whatever... by 3 he's asking me to "open engine compartment" on tractor and is pointing out battery, radiator, etc... all shit he learned watching Blippi. Now he just turned 6, is kicking ass in kindergarten and is actually pretty advanced.

I dont think early speech mastery is a sign of intelligence or a future ability to learn/retain information, but oh well.

I'm 100% certain that my kids have a weekend fight club in the play room.

Me and the oldest call it toddler fight club. They're pretty close in size, so it's usually kinda even. The 4 year old can shove with some serious force, but for some reason if the little guy gets the jump he'll just pin him on the ground with pretty good luck. :laughing:

Yes teach them that, its not too formal or old school, its respectful and proper. I use them all the time and my son will too.

100% absolutely teach him to use sir and ma'am. How is this even a question.?
Eh, you don't hear it often up here in the north. I can't think of anyone that uses it.

My dad is a dirty hippy elementary school teacher, and we don't agree on much, but he's nailed some things.
Talk to your kids like crazy when they are babies. Got a 5mo in the shopping cart at grocery store?
"I'm pushing you in the shopping cart down the aisle at the grocery store so we can buy food to eat this week. I'm going to buy one box of cheerios cereal, in the yellow box, and one box of rice crispies in the blue box. We put it in a bowl, then we pour in milk, and sometimes honey for a yummy breakfast in the morning"

It's long winded as fuck, but they soak it all up like a sponge, and when they are ready to speak, they are good with words and shit:laughing:

Doesn't necessarily make them any "smarter" but it gives them a jumpstart on vocabulary, which gives them a jumpstart on communication, jumpstart on learning, etc

Top Back Refresh