What's new

Then and now

Fivepointfive

Guy in the back
Member Number
Loc
Beside the point
first time I logged into pirate I had some massive desktop computer on my kitchen table with an aol cd. It was a shithole post college apartment next to the foosball table. I was building my first rig, a J20 on Q78s.

Yesterday, I found this place on my phone, in my hand. I was on my comfy chair in the house in the woods I've owned for 15 years. I have a couple jeeps now, and still building a big stupid jeep.

Kinda funny when you think about it.

Took two days to download a pirated movie on my pc in those days.

Co-op farm stores sell the same old school tread pattern as the grip spur / buckshot, bias ply.

Yes that is the tire but back in the day they made a q78 and r85 in both 15 and 16 in wheel . The Qs measured 36" and the Rs where like a 38.5". The co-op grip spurs are no where near the quality the gateways were . I meant thoses sizes are no longer available . You can still get the Ps and Ns . Rumor has it that gateway sold the molds and rights to some company south of the border.

Yes that is the tire but back in the day they made a q78 and r85 in both 15 and 16 in wheel . The Qs measured 36" and the Rs where like a 38.5". The co-op grip spurs are no where near the quality the gateways were . I meant thoses sizes are no longer available . You can still get the Ps and Ns . Rumor has it that gateway sold the molds and rights to some company south of the border.
All True. I had more fun in a welded up 85 yota on N’s than I ever have in anything I’ve built since.

First time I logged into pirate was on a work computer in a different country.
Now its the same but in this country.

I went to a concert and you could download the FOH mix. So I did, at 52k, took several hours...several hours of me praying nobody would call in and fuck up the connection.
I remember seeing “56k warning” in thread titles :laughing:

I’m not even sure why websites still have and default to low # of displays per page. I usually change that to show all or whatever highest can be selected.

The gateway buckshot Q's worked better than the tsl swampers in this region in the mud because you didn't have to have big motor to clean them out. Once you got lots of HP it was pretty equal.

The grip spurs where for grandpa who needed to get his cattle trailer across the pasture or the folks that liked winching.

All True. I had more fun in a welded up 85 yota on N’s than I ever have in anything I’ve built since.
Same. I'd trade my buggy for mine back.

IMG_1104.jpg

Top Back Refresh