What's new

The unofficial "products you've bought that kick ass" thread

Paragon

Member #42 if by Bus
Member Number
Loc
Jackson, MS USA
Post up products that you've bought that kick ass. Post up awesome stuff you've bought that everyone else also needs because it's just that damn good

Make sure you use plenty of key words that will pop up in search.

Gator Blades

Bought 2 sets for my Kubota 60" mower. It's shocking how big of a difference the blades are and how long they hold their edge. I bought 2 sets to make it easy to keep a sharpened set handy but I think 1 set will last all summer before needing sharpened

Stanley french press/travel mug.

Love this thing.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71z1nspCQPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

chinese shit 70 dollar 25cc 12" bar chainsaw
just search "900w chainsaw" on aliexpress

good golly this thing is so handy, I expected it to die within a week but it's still trucking. I don't even give it the 25:1 it actually wants, I just drop a little bar oil in the fuel tank and fill it with the normal 40:1

Costas sunglasses. They are worth the money, especially for the blue eyes. But I had 2 pair of fisch that the ‘rubber’ part separated from the frames. Sent both pair back to Costa for repair. Plandemic happened and they “lost” my glasses. Allowed me to pick out 2 new pairs for free and shipped them to me for free overnight

I love my Pacific Hydrostar electric power washer from Hazard Frought. I've used it for so long it doesn't owe me a thing and is kick ass for quads, lawn mowers, small jobs.
It was something like 74.99 with a coupon. I don't think they have the Pacific Hydrostar brand any more, but the current electric power washer is probably the same.
It's super light and easy to throw over the bed rail of a pickup.

Same thing with the dumb little 2 cycle generator they sell. I had a 78.88 coupon and figured what the hell? I was really surprised at how quiet that thing actually is, and have been using it for years. It's definitely been run all night long in single digit temps to keep a camper furnace going and being that it's 2 stroke, maintenance is non existent. I swapped out the stock plug for an NGK, I use a premium 2-stroke oil in it, and am good about running gas out of the carb and it hasn't let me down. It takes about 10 pulls in real cold weather to get it going and you gotta leave the choke on half for a minute or so to get it warmed up, but it just keeps running...

MSR pocket rocket 2 for $45

i bought a jetboil for about $100 that works good but you have to buy all these special attachments and it doesnt really pack small

the MSR one folds up on itself and you can use any pot/pan that you already have

PocketRocket2_1.jpg?sw=400&sh=300&sm=fit.jpg

Costas sunglasses. They are worth the money, especially for the blue eyes. But I had 2 pair of fisch that the ‘rubber’ part separated from the frames. Sent both pair back to Costa for repair. Plandemic happened and they “lost” my glasses. Allowed me to pick out 2 new pairs for free and shipped them to me for free overnight

Funny you mention these. Want another pair? I stopped somewhere on the bike once and found a case on the ground. Pair of Costas in them. Been sitting on the bench in the case since. I only wear $4 tinted safety glasses since I gouge them up within weeks. Name your price and I can fire them your way tomorrow if I remember to.

Some one brought one of these home. Friggen thing works awesome for the price. Hoover One Power.
71DbjWdGjrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Funny you mention these. Want another pair? I stopped somewhere on the bike once and found a case on the ground. Pair of Costas in them. Been sitting on the bench in the case since. I only wear $4 tinted safety glasses since I gouge them up within weeks. Name your price and I can fire them your way tomorrow if I remember to.

Next in line depending on the frame style. I LOVE my costas.

Yea, no idea on the frame style. I'll try to remember to take a picture tonight when I get home. Tried them on, they're nice I guess, but yea, it'll be a week before they get trashed from me tossing them in the tank bag.

[486 said:
;n107115]chinese shit 70 dollar 25cc 12" bar chainsaw

good golly this thing is so handy, I expected it to die within a week but it's still trucking. I don't even give it the 25:1 it actually wants, I just drop a little bar oil in the fuel tank and fill it with the normal 40:1

got curious - link I think https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...archweb201603_

I've been really happy with my new wallet from a dude on GarageJournal. machined metal frame with a rubber band. Carries several cards + some cash in a package just about as slim as a money clip. https://randomfab.bigcartel.com/

[486 said:
;n107115]chinese shit 70 dollar 25cc 12" bar chainsaw

look like identical to this one. My friend bought cylinder, piston and stuff from this place and very satisfied. They even have kits to increase your chainsaw cc lol

https://www.farmertec.com/25-4cc-Jon...r-p720560.html

Graco Ultra Max airless paint sprayer. I bought this to spray clear on some alder doors. Also used it on casing and base boards. Sprays as nice as my Titan 440, clean up is quick, and it takes the dewalt 20v batteries.

#1- Burke bar, because sometimes there's no substitute for a 5 foot pry bar

#2- justrite gas can. Yes, it’s spendy, but fuck those new plastic cans and the safety nozzle they come with. Tilt it over, stuff the “funnel” in the tank, and pull the handle to fill her up. No mess or drama

I used the shit out of those pry bars this spring moving tons of boulders and found the fork end flexed quite a bit for my tastes. I had to pry the rock out of the ground to load into the bucket of the tractor and ended up just reattaching the backhoe instead. :homer: I also bought a solid 5’ pry bar with spade tip.

#2, I have been switching to those cans over the last two years and so far they are working out great. Years ago I got lucky and bought a whole pallet of NATO fuel cans for like $150, but as they wear out I’m going to those instead. I think the last one was $32ish

Foodsaver. Can't even begin to count how much food it saved from being wasted.

Ficking hate the newer ones. Things over heat and need to rest before I can keep going. Had to stop 3 times on a 100 lbs worth of salmon. Dug the one my dad bought new when they first came out. Thing never slows down.

All I own anymore. We fish A LOT so quality polarized glass was a must. Ran the Wiley X for awhile, but the Costa lenses are crisper and their customer service is second to none. My Fiancee broke her frame so we sent them in and for $40 she got to get a new pair of glasses. I have two pairs, both green mirror 580g lenses.

I've had one of these for 20 years. Someone licenses the design, because mine is Craftsman.

It's got a ring and pinion in the round housing that swings like a clock, and the blade rotates axially at the "wrist" also. You can shove that thing in all kinds of weird places. I used it to cut a drain pipe under a slab, behind another pipe.

It's not the lightest, and it's not a demo saw you'd use all day, but it does things nothing else will.

Porter-Cable-9750-Tiger-Claw-Reciprocating-Saw-31.jpg

Porter-Cable-9750-Tiger-Claw-Reciprocating-Saw.jpg
DM_PorterCTigerclaw.jpg

yup, some of the ads have wonderful pictures extolling the virtues of "the electric chainsaw is a powerful logging tool" with pictures of it throwing sparks and flames and shit, and no it is not electric.
thats' just the first one i grabbed. think i saw one named fluffy-puppy or something :laughing:
The prowler pup! lol
that one is the overpriced ($120 iirc?) farmertec rebrand, same shit, different color injection moldings, and the farmertec ones don't come with a chain or bar
poke around and you'll find one for $80 free shipping

ETA: they're all clones of the european zenoah g2500

Last edited:

Put me in line behind Sceep. I can’t find my Costas.

Esab Caddymig.
Awesome little machine. Weighs next to nothing and draws very little current.

This thing is pretty awesome, handy in tight spaces, and well made.

They're awesome for working inside cabinets. Especially those stupid little 9 and 12" base cabs.

I've had one of these for 20 years. Someone licenses the design, because mine is Craftsman.

It's got a ring and pinion in the round housing that swings like a clock, and the blade rotates axially at the "wrist" also. You can shove that thing in all kinds of weird places. I used it to cut a drain pipe under a slab, behind another pipe.

It's not the lightest, and it's not a demo saw you'd use all day, but it does things nothing else will.

I like how in the example pic there's absolutely zero reason to use that over a regular sawzall. :laughing:

I like how in the example pic there's absolutely zero reason to use that over a regular sawzall. :laughing:

I know! I actually thought about that, but couldn't find one of some guy in a crawlspace cutting something around a corner and through some wires. (I've got that pic at home on my PC!)

Top Back Refresh