What's new

The Squirrel Wars...continue

That is a mink. Very hostile and able bodied killers. They make a half assed pet if you raise them. That one will probably tear your ball sack off. Let it go if you don't have chickens. If you do....
Next door neighbor has chickens. He gives me lots of eggs so bye bye to the mink.

Red squirrels, chipmunks, and now minks get the ford ranger treatment
324581193_567863045201489_8909981187033404550_n.jpg

Next door neighbor has chickens. He gives me lots of eggs so bye bye to the mink.
I would keep his hide though. Used to be worth 80 to 100 bucks when I was a kid. Tube skin it and use one of the myriad ways to tan it and hang it up somewhere. Every animal has just the right amount of brains to tan it's hide...

52 Squirrels and 2 rats. Added another tube trap to the front fence and 3 poison stations for rats and mice.

Theory; The squirrels follow/pay attention to the flocks of sparrows and starlings. The must recognize their feeding sounds and run to see if they can get to the food. Only way squirrels can keep showing up. I don't think squirrels roam aimlessly too far from their nest so they must either listen for or follow the shit birds to the feeders.

Shit birds know about guns. I kept letting the Jack Russel out to chase them off the feeder. They would just fly up to the tree and wait for her to walk away. After 30 minutes of this I broke out the suppressed 22 and shot one out of the tree. They all fucked off immediately. I wish I could cut loose with a 12 gauge with 9 shot. Seriously thinking of setting up a small remote controlled charge under the feeder while they are all mobbed up under the feeder.

All you "put food out...blah, blah, blah" people can go fuck yourselves. This is my little section of the planet and I will create a monoculture if I want to...:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh