The Pocket Knife Thread

Aggie06

I ain't the one to blame.
Member Number
Loc
Balls Deep South Texas
Figured I would start this over here now. :flipoff2:

What are you carrying?

Bought a Buck 841 sprint pro with the burlap micarta recently. It’s fairy light, and easy to open with the flip assist. I really like it so far.

photo813.jpg

I bought a Benchmade Mini Barrage 2 about 2 or 3 years ago and I like it. Gets used almost everyday, actually needs to be cleaned it has all kinds of gunk on it.

mN5pJvml.jpg

Last edited:
Purchased these off of another forum for $40 recently.
Case yellow stockman, Case yellow sod buster, and case bone whittler. Blades are all in good shape. :smokin:

photo826.jpg

Zero Tolerance Sinkevich
titanium frame
S35VN blade

If something happens to it, I'm buying the exact one again.

Cutco my boss gave last year with his nickname for my cheery morning disposition.

photo835.jpg

I've always carried one of these guys with me for a few years now, ordered a few of them at the same time for back ups when I eventually lose one

httpsimages.salsify.comimageuploads--5z_-_2xb--c_padw_1840h_824fl_clip.png8umgvhsfdo4tssghnusyw.png

The first one here is always in my pocket. Its a little heavy but I just feel naked without it.
rs=w:600,h:600.jpg

This one is always close by. Too big to carry on me all the time with work and all. Just too cool of a knife to leave in the gun safe with the others.
rs=w:600,h:600.jpg

Of course these are from James Wahls at Indy Hammered knives. https://ihknives.com/ I have seven or eight of his knives. All very cool unique pieces of art that are meant to be used and passed on to the next generation.

Opinel No. 7

Cheap enough to not be overly concerned if it gets misplaced.

My EDC rotation is 3 benchmades, 3 spydercos, 3 CRKTs, 1 Boker, 1 Gerber and 1 ZT.

Yet most of the cutting I do is with my Gerber EAB lite. Mess up the blade, just put in a new utility knife blade.

You can let other people use it without worrying about them doing bad things to an expensive blade.

20200521_094438.jpg

image_1123.jpg

image_1122.jpg

Last edited:
My daily go to work carry, CRKT Ripple 2.

(DId attachments change up? Yesterday I don't remember big attachments and you could stick a reasonable sized image in the message body with a thumbnail sized attachment. Something to experiment with I guess)

crkt ripple2.CR-K410KXP.jpg

Last edited:
Left: Typical daily carry

Middle: Typically either swapped for or added to those on the left - the one in the center is a beater from a TSA sale - it's like me, beat to shit but moderately useful

Right: Less frequently carried

20200521_160632.jpg

Usually a left hand Benchmade Emerson CQC7B.

Just got this SOG slim Jim. Assisted open or whatever the fuck they call it...

I've been carrying one of those for a while. Holds a edge well. Best thing is it is super light and thin so it doesn't kill pants pockets. Being thin it is not a good prybar but it is with me all the time. Flip mech works best with a touch of graphite in the pivot.

Used to carry several different CRKTs and all of them ate pockets. Now they are in a drawer or gobag for emergency use.

photo1869.jpg

I keep the bayonet and ka-bar on different murses. The bayo has the best blade of all my knives.

carry the kershaw in my pocket the most

When I am at work it’s typically some version of a Spyderco PM2 or Endura. The rest of the time it’s probably some version of a Hinderer knives 3.5” XM18.

I carried a late '90s full size, non-skeletonized, partially serrated, Gerber EZ Out for well over a decade, except for a ~18 month period that I had lost the EZ Out. Still my favorite EDC knife.
??
20170709164556-cf169de7-me.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	20170709164556-cf169de7-me.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.2 KB ID:	8756

During the Gerber EZ Out's hiatus I carried a CRKT Drifter that I got as groomsman's gift.
CR-6460K.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	CR-6460K.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.3 KB ID:	8760

I miraculously found the Gerber EZ out under the driver seat of my Jeep, and went back to carrying it mostly full time. I'd occasionally grab the CRKT, but usually it was the Gerber.

Then I got a laser engraved Kershaw Ken Onion Leek as another groomsman's gift, and thought it was time to retire the trusty old Gerber EZ Out.
CR-6460K.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	CR-6460K.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.3 KB ID:	8760

I carried the Kershaw for a couple years, and lost the damn thing. I wasn't wild about the super pointy blade, but it kept an edge well.

I considered going back to my trusty EZ Out or the Drifter, but decided to get something I wouldn't be too upset about losing. I bought a cheap, partially serrated, Gerber EVO Jr. on Amazon. I think it was $14 and has been my EDC for about 3 years now.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Somehow I've managed to keep up with the EVO Jr.

You'll notice I like partially serrated, I know it's not for everyone, but I sure find it handy for sawing and stripping wires.

Last edited:
Left: Typical daily carry

Middle: Typically either swapped for or added to those on the left - the one in the center is a beater from a TSA sale - it's like me, beat to shit but moderately useful

Right: Less frequently carried

How's the Karambit? Been thinking of picking one up.

So; to some of you homies, pocket knives are like a hat or underwear?

You keep a rotation?

I've always kept only one; in 45 years I've only owned three.

Top Back Refresh