Votes: 44 21.7%
  • Moderna

Votes: 38 18.7%
  • Johnson & Johnson

Votes: 13 6.4%
  • I'm an anti-vaxer and I don't want to be a part of The Borg

Votes: 108 53.2%

• Total voters
So we're both talking about the same metric. And opening your link confirms the death rate per population is still higher here than in the US. Show me the bullshit then. Show me where I was wrong.

It's so easy to call bullshit and call names.

"A child knows better", is that your whole argument?

Last edited:
I don't think anyone wants to write that a mask provides any level of protection out of fear of lawsuits.

Follow the science and the science says they work right? That's what we've all been told for 18 months with no proof nor reduction in infection rates.

"Just two weeks to flatten the curve"

Follow the science and the science says they work right? That's what we've all been told for 18 months with no proof nor reduction in infection rates.

"Just two weeks to flatten the curve"

Everybody's flying blind, that's how I'm feeling.

It's bad that the people who work in restaurants, bars, hotels get the shaft.

You're really advocating for more government controlled healthcare spending? :confused:
Unless I missed something or you did. We are talking about Romania. The government already runs it. So yes if it's underfunded they need to spend more on it. :laughing:

Unless I missed something or you did. We are talking about Romania. The government already runs it. So yes if it's underfunded they need to spend more on it. :laughing:
*runs it into the ground. Just google "Colectiv fire". Plus multiple ICU fires ever since Covid.

Nonetheless, only money I spent when my dad got his cancer treatment was a $100 bribe to the anesthetist.

Nothing for 7 of his 9 stent operations.

So we're both talking about the same metric. And opening your link confirms the death rate per population is still higher here than in the US. Show me the bullshit then. Show me where I was wrong.
Reporting from the country currently leading the death tool per population number, worldwide, Romania.
You said you were #1 in the world, I showed you are not. You admit it and still think you're on high ground.
Just shut the fuck up already.

Alright, I double checked, total deaths per population, we were not leading on the 17th. And the US was gladly (for you), still below us.

It might have been daily deaths, as that specific day we had a record number of deaths, 561 ever since the pandemic started. The french mocked us on the cover of Charlie Hebdo, Reuters had an article on the number of deaths too.

No need for curse words. I was in the wrong for not mentioning all the details.

That still doesn't change the fact that here more people are dying now than before during the pandemic.

Last edited:
Looks like there's a pill now. Seems there's no end to this cash cow. How antiviral pill molnupiravir shot ahead in the COVID drug hunt Article even has a pic Montyspawn would enjoy.

The pharmaceutical firm Merck announced last week that an antiviral pill it’s developing can cut hospitalizations and deaths among people with COVID-19 by half. The results haven’t yet been peer reviewed. But if the drug candidate, molnupiravir, is authorized by regulators, it would be the first oral antiviral treatment for COVID-19. By contrast, the other currently authorized drugs must be delivered intravenously or injected.

The race for antiviral drugs to beat COVID — and the next pandemic
A pill could make treating patients earlier on in their infection much easier — and more effective. It could also keep hospitals from overflowing, especially in places where vaccination rates are still low, such as many low- and lower-middle-income countries. Molnupiravir was so effective in a phase 3 trial involving COVID-19-positive people at risk of severe illness that clinicians halted enrolment early.

But whether this clinical-trial success story will translate into a global game-changer in the fight against the pandemic isn’t yet clear. Even if lower-income countries can afford the medicine, they might not have the diagnostic capacity to treat patients with molnupiravir early in the course of their illness, when treatment could make a difference.

This week, two Indian drugmakers independently testing generic molnupiravir in people with moderate illness due to COVID-19 sought to end their trials because they saw no “significant efficacy” for the experimental drug, although they plan to continue trials for people with mild illness. Merck’s findings, which were disclosed in a press release and have yet to be pored over by scientists and submitted to regulators for approval, applied to people with mild-to-moderate cases of COVID-19 who were not hospitalized. A spokesperson for Merck points out that moderate COVID-19 cases in India are defined as being more severe than in the United States and involve hospitalization.

Hit early, hit hard​

The other therapies on offer against COVID-19, Gilead Science’s antiviral remdesivir and a monoclonal antibody cocktail from biotech firm Regeneron, must be administered intravenously or by injection. That makes it difficult for people to access the therapies before they are sick enough to land in hospital. And remdesivir is approved only for those who are already hospitalized with COVID-19.

Coronavirus breakthrough: dexamethasone is first drug shown to save lives
Yet it’s better to “hit early, hit hard” with antivirals, says Richard Plemper, a virologist at Georgia State University in Atlanta. The sicker the patient, the less effective the drugs are at treating the illness. A COVID-19 pill, which simply requires a prescription and a trip to the pharmacy once symptoms appear, would make early treatment much easier.

COVID-19 is not the first disease caused by a coronavirus to seriously impact humans. But the 2002–04 severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) epidemic fizzled out quickly, and the Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) outbreak in 2012 never became widespread — meaning that drugmakers had little incentive to develop antivirals against these diseases.

So when the first cases of COVID-19 emerged in late 2019, “there wasn’t a portfolio of antivirals waiting”, says Saye Khoo, an infectious-disease physician at the University of Liverpool, UK, who has led a clinical trial of molnupiravir.

Initial efforts to find treatments focused on drugs already approved by regulators, and yielded only one winner: dexamethasone, a steroid aimed at dampening an overblown inflammatory response in the sickest people. The FDA has not authorized the drug for this purpose, but it's widely used to treat the sickest people.

d41586-021-02783-1_19740154.jpg

The US Food and Drug Administration has authorized remdesivir, an intravenously administered antiviral, only for use in people hospitalized with COVID-19.Credit: Scott Olson/Getty
But even as researchers scrambled to test approved drugs, pharmaceutical companies and biotechnology firms were scouring their libraries for any compounds with known antiviral activity that might stop the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus. These broad-acting antivirals weren’t designed specifically to target SARS-CoV-2, but it seemed mechanistically feasible that they could. Unlike with many of the drugs tested early in the pandemic, “there’s a scientific rationale. You understand how they’re working”, says Jay Luly, chief executive of Enanta Pharmaceuticals, a company in Watertown, Massachusetts, that is developing its own COVID-19 antiviral.

So far, Gilead’s remdesivir is the only such drug that has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration. When used in a hospital setting, its effect is modest. In a phase 3 trial, researchers found that it shortened recovery time by a median of 5 days1. Merck hopes molnupiravir will be next to receive authorization.

Hot pursuit​

Molnupiravir began as a possible therapy for Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus at Emory University’s non-profit company DRIVE (Drug Innovation Ventures at Emory) in Atlanta. But in 2015, DRIVE’s chief executive George Painter offered it to a collaborator, virologist Mark Denison at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, to test against coronaviruses. “I was pretty blown away by it,” Denison remembers. He found that it worked against multiple coronaviruses: MERS and mouse hepatitis virus2.

Painter also recruited his collaborator Plemper to test the drug against influenza and respiratory syncytial virus. After the pandemic hit, however, plans changed. DRIVE licensed the compound to Ridgeback Biotherapeutics in Miami, Florida. Plemper, too, pivoted to coronaviruses, and tested the compound in ferrets. It silenced the virus’s ability to replicate, he says, but it also suppressed the virus’s transmission from infected ferrets to uninfected ones3. Merck’s data hint that might also be true in humans: molnupiravir appeared to shorten the duration of SARS-CoV-2’s infectivity in trial participants with the virus.

Dozens of coronavirus drugs are in development — what happens next?
Molnupiravir, like remdesivir, is a nucleoside analogue, which means it mimics some of the building blocks of RNA. But the compounds work in entirely different ways. When SARS-CoV-2 enters a cell, the virus needs to duplicate its RNA genome to form new viruses. Remdesivir is a ‘chain terminator’. It stops the enzyme that builds these RNA ‘chains’ from adding further links. Molnupiravir, on the other hand, gets incorporated into burgeoning RNA strands and, once inside, wreaks havoc. The compound can shift its configuration, sometimes mimicking the nucleoside cytidine and sometimes mimicking uridine. Those RNA strands become faulty blueprints for the next round of viral genomes. Anywhere the compound gets inserted and that conformational shift happens, a point mutation occurs, Plemper says. When enough mutations accumulate, the viral population collapses. “That is what we term lethal mutagenesis,” he adds. “The virus essentially mutates itself to death.” And because the mutations accumulate randomly, it’s difficult for viruses to evolve resistance to molnupiravir — another plus for the compound.

But the compound’s mutagenic potential in human cells — the possibility that it could incorporate itself into DNA — does raise safety concerns, some researchers say. Merck hasn’t released any detailed safety data yet, but “we’re very comfortable that the drug will be safe if used as intended”, said Daria Hazuda, Merck’s vice-president of infectious-disease discovery and chief science officer, at a press briefing last Friday.

will be approved under EUA...

which will be extended for decades to come :flipoff2:

According to the CDC 198m have been fully vaxed, and with the current US population sitting at 333m, that's about a 60% rate. I know a number of you will dismiss this just because it's the CDC, but if you've got alternative sources/data, I'd like to see it.

According to the CDC 198m have been fully vaxed, and with the current US population sitting at 333m, that's about a 60% rate. I know a number of you will dismiss this just because it's the CDC, but if you've got alternative sources/data, I'd like to see it.
I am surprised that we didn't have more people who have gotten it already and then had horrible side effects. I am not missing those that are popping up, I just expected way higher number of people with heart attacks, deaths, etc that I see numbers for. But then how much are they suppressing :vader2:

Frind of mine is a Navy fireman and got the shot when it first first came out. Had the sore arm for a few days and felt like crap but nothing major. He got the booster shot and he has been covered in hives for the past 3 weeks. Been to 3 different doctors and they are all saying that it is a side effect from the booster but they don't know why or how long this will last.

I am surprised that we didn't have more people who have gotten it already and then had horrible side effects. I am not missing those that are popping up, I just expected way higher number of people with heart attacks, deaths, etc that I see numbers for. But then how much are they suppressing :vader2:

If you take 198 million as actual truth, then even 700,000 injuries is statistically minor. BUT, it’s still a risk that needs weighed. I know four people who have been injured by it.

It should’ve been pulled by any past standards.

Frind of mine is a Navy fireman and got the shot when it first first came out. Had the sore arm for a few days and felt like crap but nothing major. He got the booster shot and he has been covered in hives for the past 3 weeks. Been to 3 different doctors and they are all saying that it is a side effect from the booster but they don't know why or how long this will last.
That's a fucked side-effect, first I've heard of it, but who knows.

That's a fucked side-effect, first I've heard of it, but who knows.
First i've seen of it as well. Dr has him on some super benedryl that has been keeping it under control. He has no allergies and he never remembers getting hives before. Other then that nothing else. I have at least 10 friends that got he booster and they have not had any issues. Not sure what brand he took.

Peppermint patty said this week in her new conference that 80% of the USA was jabbed. :laughing: The liars can't even tell the same lie. :shaking:

First i've seen of it as well. Dr has him on some super benedryl that has been keeping it under control. He has no allergies and he never remembers getting hives before. Other then that nothing else. I have at least 10 friends that got he booster and they have not had any issues. Not sure what brand he took.
Again, the reactions to the virus and to the vax are all over the place. Don't recall this ever happening before. Swine flu was a big nothing burger, and Spanish Flue was the real end-of-days plague.

Peppermint patty said this week in her new conference that 80% of the USA was jabbed. :laughing: The liars can't even tell the same lie. :shaking:
I had to edit my post because initially I had used the "At least one jab" stat, instead of the fully vaccinated and even that math only came to 70%, so I don't know what other groups she's including, maybe the "Thinking of getting the jab" demographic?

I had to edit my post because initially I had used the "At least one jab" stat, instead of the fully vaccinated and even that math only came to 70%, so I don't know what other groups she's including, maybe the "Thinking of getting the jab" demographic?
More like, whatever number sounds better to the idiots that listen to and believe me. :laughing:

Over Thanksgiving dinner my mom was talking about a stubborn bit of poison ivy she had that wasn't going away. That showed up a few days after doing some yard work, in a part of the yard that isn't known for having it, on a part of her body that wouldn't have been exposed.

(that also showed up a day after she got a booster shot)

But it's poison ivy, sure. Nothing to do with the shot, even after my sister told her that could be a side effect.

I'm not reading the whole thread, and I'm damn sure not going to argue about it. I got the J&J simply trying to avoid having to wear a mask. :flipoff2: I chose J&J because it was a one-shot, my Pharmacist said he was having no complaints among his primarily elderly patients, and everyone I knew that took any of the 2-shot wound up getting sick as a dog from one or both of the shots:barf:. That's all I got to say about that! :grinpimp:

FOLLOW THE SCIENCE!!!! NO, NOT THAT SCIENCE YOU IDIOTS, THE SCIENCE THAT I AGREE WITH!!!!!!!:lmao::flipoff2:

Since Thanksgiving...

My neighbors had me over for Thanksgiving and reporting two of the guests had vax reactions one 34 yo has GBS has spent $150k in and out of the hospital and my neighbors Dad 91 had his booster about 1.5 months ago and broke out with open sores all over his body.

The guy that has GBS served in the army 7 years in Iraq and a now has a "rare" neuropathy condition played basketball and was an avid mountain biker. It is now hard for him to type and every step he takes feels like he is going to sprain or roll an ankle.

The sister in law of my neighbor said their 30ish year old friend was now in a walker after her vax.

Most of these folks were middle of the road politically half of them vaxxed. The wife of my neighbor was required to get a booster to go to the Christmas Party. Unbelievable. She said hell now to that. Most of them have woken up to the agenda.

3 other cases within friends or family connections 1 lady in the front office of a nursing home (vax mandated) has been in the hospital for 2 weeks with multiple strokes and no feeling in one of her legs. Two sister in laws of a friend mid 30s both have been diagnosed ovarian cancer.

Top Back Refresh