What's new

The official Holiday Drama Fest thread.

My in laws and my mom are coming down for turkey day. They are the same age and live the same lives: stay at home glued to the news. In laws watch CNN, mom watches Fox. This should be fun

Heading to my wife’s parents, her brother, and sisters families should be there. . My dad and stepmom will be there as well. All pretty conservative, shouldn’t be any drama. We are all gun and hunting people, so conversation will be a lot of that. Might be helping build an AR or two after dinner.

No drama really, not much of a vacation though, Left ND Sunday, got to PA Monday afternoon, planning buying preparing turkey day Tuesday, spent today with nephew, cook all day tomorrow, leave Friday morning and hopefully find a tranny to throw into my truck saturday night before being back at work on noon Sunday.

Has potential to be fun or a shit show.

The "better half's" sister and husband are in town. The fun part. Their pink hair daughter may show up, which means the drama lama will poop in the front yard.

Has potential to be fun or a shit show.

The "better half's" sister and husband are in town. The fun part. Their pink hair daughter may show up, which means the drama lama will poop in the front yard.
Just tell her she looks like an Easter egg. What I did to my wife's niece in front of my MIL.

Poor niece is "confused". :lmao:

My ex is pulling some custody shit about the pickup time today, I told her she's wrong, but I'm not going to call the cops (she called them on me last month when she misread the paperwork. They showed up and read it to her, slowly:laughing:) I just told her next time she wants a favor, don't ask.

Im not sure about family dinner drama, I'm the conservative black sheep, they don't really talk politics at the table anymore. My uncle I was never close to, will be there. He's apparently the other black sheep and we've come to find some common ground:laughing:

If the liberal lady friend is moody and doesn't want to hang out tomorrow night, I'll sit under my neighbors "fuck Joe Biden "flag in his yard and catch a buzz:usa:

Her boss shot herself.
She had three kids and seven grand kids.
Hopefully they weren't anywhere nearby when it happened, know someone who had a family member do that in the basement while their kids were upstairs and their spouse was on the phone with 911 because he was suicidal and armed.
Messed up situation and really hard on the kids.

Aaron Z

Her boss shot herself.
She had three kids and seven grand kids.
Damn that is going to be tough on the kids, cousin's husband shot himself outside in the back corner of the yard. She was saying her eldest son still thinks he is the reason dad did it

My family always has everyone crying on whos going where and when. I headed all this off by putting out the invitation first about 2 months ago

"Hey everyone, were doing thanksgiving dinner at our house this year. It will be chineese food around 4pm. Come or dont"
didnt you do chineese last year too so the MIL didnt have to cook her shitty food?

didnt you do chineese last year too so the MIL didnt have to cook her shitty food?
Funny you remember that, lol. Went down today and took me an hour of driving around to find the place i got it from last year. Super good but $25/ person so its not a regular place we eat

The kind that cant cook and knows chineese food restaurants are open on turkey day
Wierdly enough the good one in my town that is the only day of the year they close. Why you ask? There is no chinese food with turkey in it lol :laughing:

Wife already had enough today, said fuck it… cancelled all 3 family thanksgivings. We get to stay home and enjoy just our family this year. Gonna be a first in 13 years. Can’t wait.
Not enough people are willing to do that. They'd rather go along to get along and be miserable instead of saying enough is enough.

I was just at my brother's today and my sister in-laws idiot older sister and her husband along with their adopted (it's his grand daughter but they legally adopted her from his worthless druggy daughter) showed up to spend the weekend.

Left there and went to my nephew's place to work on a go kart. Turned out his "we're going to do our own thing" Thanksgiving is due to the mental case kid that showed up today. She's a ball of 10,000 mph energy but her parents don't act like parents and just let everyone else do it so she will end up just as worthless as her birth mother. That damned kid ruins every family event, the parents are decent enough to be around without the kid but that kid makes everyone resent them but nobody will say shit except a few of us. :homer:

I cancelled mine for myself. Done, not worth the drama. I'm not hungry for spaghetti anyway. I'll spend time with my son Saturday.

For all you needing something to take your mind off your troubles

Paul Harrel Thanksgiving special 2021 Thanksgiving dinner cooked in the field

My mom is a dumb liberal and told me I could come over as long as I sit on the opposite side of the table from her.

I then asked her why it was ok for her to sit right next to me at my son’s football games, but not at Thanksgiving? “Because that was outside.“ Lol, ok.

I‘m smoking the turkey this year so I’ll be sure to breathe all over it for her :flipoff2:

Its all right. Gives me an excuse to leave earlier since the real drama is listening to her and my sister (who still lives at home at 44yrs old) argue constantly.

No drama here
Dont allow it.
Told my liberal daughter with her lazy husban and rotten crotch fruit to stay home.
She and her mother have fucked up more holidays that i care to count.
Tara and i will be home. Her mom is coming over.
Family is all the east coast. So it makes hoildays nice.

I have my pig roaste in aug. Thats when we all get together.

Drama was very minimal. Only saw one of my SILs for about 5 mins today. Didn’t pay attention to her. Her and my brother left after about 10 mins saying they would come back later, but never did. It’s whatever other than it bothers my mom.

Lunch with the girlfriends family was great, turns out her non libtarded uncle is a gear head without fabrication, paint or bodywork skills but he enjoys tinkering so we got along great. Nobody on our end of the table talked politics other than right at the end when he told me he was a die hard seattlite libtard until he'd lived in Wenatchee a few years and then he realized the error of his ways. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh