What's new

The Mountain Bike Thread

Nice. That's going to be an insane difference. Dropper posts radically changed mountain biking for the better.
Nothing more than some paths yet, but put 15+ miles on it the last few days. Single front sprocket is the oddest thing to me, and the double thumb shifter is also taking some getting used to. Gonna put some more miles on it to build some stamina back up, but all in all looking forward to getting back into it.

Should be a fun ripper ! They had a crazy sale just have to wait a bit to get it should be worth it if it is anything like my Tyee
IMG_9695.jpeg
IMG_9698.jpeg

So....it has been determined that the son and I will be heading to the Bentonville, AR area for a week, mid-October (the week before Outerbike there, which is the weekend of October 18-20). Any intel on what are 'must-rides' there?

So....it has been determined that the son and I will be heading to the Bentonville, AR area for a week, mid-October (the week before Outerbike there, which is the weekend of October 18-20). Any intel on what are 'must-rides' there?

What kind of riding do you like? My favorites in bentonville/bella vista proper are probably hand cut hollow and the back 40 (gotta have endurance on the back 40). I would absolutely recommend devils den. Hobbs state park is right outside of Rogers. Smoother faster and pretty fun xc riding . I’ve heard Atalanta is the hidden gem but never been.

The sheer volume of trail and the integration with the town is what is impressive. Each time I go, there is an entire new trap system. It is bananas.

If you’re looking for 8’ wide trails and jumps, they are absolutely everywhere. Slaughter pen and Coler are basically small pedal up parks.

Coming from NC, you may consider a day trip over to Ponca. They shuttle

If you pit stop In Memphis, let’s ride.

Last edited:
What kind of riding do you like? My favorites in bentonville/bella vista proper are probably hand cut hollow and the back 40 (gotta have endurance on the back 40). I would absolutely recommend devils den. Hobbs state park is right outside of Rogers. Smoother faster and pretty fun xc riding . I’ve heard Atalanta is the hidden gem but never been.

The sheer volume of trail and the integration with the town is what is impressive. Each time I go, there is an entire new trap system. It is bananas.

If you’re looking for 8’ wide trails and jumps, they are absolutely everywhere. Slaughter pen and Coler are basically small pedal up parks.

Thanks! Generally gravitate towards more tech stuff (perfect is some speed sections with rocks thrown in for fun). I am not huge jumpline fan, but do like to swoop some berms on fast and flow sometimes. And really do like a nice XC run, as well. Son will probably drive what we ride more than me....and he REALLY likes the chunky stuff, but will also hit jumps/drops more than I will.

I will have to see what our road-trip times allows. Haven't really fleshed out that part of it all yet.

:beer:

EDIT: Looking like the VRBO my father and step-mother will be getting will be in Bella Vista...? So, I guess that is where we will be staying.

Last edited:
Primal got some new rubber. Had the Conti Argotal up front most of late spring/summer with great luck. Rear tire was trashed and figured I'd try a Xynotal in back since I like the agro/fast combo typically. Both tires are enduro/soft and honestly I'm really impressed so far. Nice a dampened feel, stick well, wear hasn't been a issue. They can be a bitch to mount cause they fit tight seems to be the worst thing about them.

had a nica race last weekend in sioux city at the new cone park. for a upper midwest place it was pretty rad. pump track, magic carpet lift. good trails. my boy got 9th out of 24 8th graders. need to get him some coaching for turns as hes crashed twice in turns and is a little hesitant. he could legit take a top 6 place if he wasnt reserved.

had a nica race last weekend in sioux city at the new cone park. for a upper midwest place it was pretty rad. pump track, magic carpet lift. good trails. my boy got 9th out of 24 8th graders. need to get him some coaching for turns as hes crashed twice in turns and is a little hesitant. he could legit take a top 6 place if he wasnt reserved.
Dh, Enduro, or xc type racing?

Mrs and I stopped at the local mountain to get some drinks at the bar Sunday afternoon, you fancy downhill bikers, ride up the chairlift fuckers are some heavier than average Americans. :lmao:

My kid worked the summer doing trail maintenance at the mountain and I would pick him up on the way home from work. He must have had the best most lean BMI index for being under 17:flipoff2:

Mrs and I stopped at the local mountain to get some drinks at the bar Sunday afternoon, you fancy downhill bikers, ride up the chairlift fuckers are some heavier than average Americans. :lmao:

My kid worked the summer doing trail maintenance at the mountain and I would pick him up on the way home from work. He must have had the best most lean BMI index for being under 17:flipoff2:
The best part is getting to stop for a cheeseburger and a beer at mid mountain and then continue riding after.

oh and hey, I'm not lazy! Sometimes I don't even ride up chairlifts!
1726177961118.png

Solid deal on a decent light:
1726252447377.png
That is a hell of a deal.
These are killer lights.
I paid over $200 for my 2000.
Then they went to $99
I bought 3 more. I run 2 and my son runs 2.
Nothing like more light when you need it.
It's that time of year.
2k sold out, I just bought a couple 1500.
Thanks for the code.

That is a hell of a deal.
These are killer lights.
I paid over $200 for my 2000.
Then they went to $99
I bought 3 more. I run 2 and my son runs 2.
Nothing like more light when you need it.
It's that time of year.
2k sold out, I just bought a couple 1500.
Thanks for the code.
Wife and I each run them on our helmets. Just bought two more for the kids to use night riding with us this winter.

Ok, so Light & Motion is awesome. I bought two sets of lights for our kids during this last sale, and gave them my shipping address. We don't have a mail box, so my shipping address is different than my mailing address. Turns out they sent it united states postal service and our draconian post master in our little post office(Nelly is actually cool, as long as you follow the rules), immediately sent the package back.

Today I get a call from an employee at Light & Motion, saying the package was returned. I told them about the PO box, when instead she said she lived nearby and offered to just drop the lights off at my house after work "if that's not too weird." I told her hell yeah and it was one of the perks of supporting a local business.

Anyway, their lights kick ass, and apparently their customer service does too.

So, it looks like we are staying smack-dab between Coler and Slaughterpen (I think). One trail that has piqued my interest in looking at them is 'Here's Johnny' in Coler.

Red circle is where we have the VRBO house reserved.

Map.jpg

So, it looks like we are staying smack-dab between Coler and Slaughterpen (I think). One trail that has piqued my interest in looking at them is 'Here's Johnny' in Coler.

Red circle is where we have the VRBO house reserved.

Map.jpg
Here's johnny is probably my favorite trail in Coler. It's old school narrow hand cut (my favorite) with some really cool wooden obstacles. Your air b and b location is excellent. You can ride anything in Bella Vista, Slaughter Pen, Handcut Hollow or Coler from there.

Don't go into it expecting to select a single trail for the day, you can cover some ground out there if you have the legs for it.

Here's johnny is probably my favorite trail in Coler. It's old school narrow hand cut (my favorite) with some really cool wooden obstacles. Your air b and b location is excellent. You can ride anything in Bella Vista, Slaughter Pen, Handcut Hollow or Coler from there.

Don't go into it expecting to select a single trail for the day, you can cover some ground out there if you have the legs for it.
Nice! Thanks for the info. Looking forward to it.

As for the legs.....I may bring the e, but will probably also bring my Enduro analog. The son rides for his collegiate team, so he should be fine on his Stumpy EVO. Want to check out s much as possible while there.

Top Back Refresh