What's new

The Most Totally Superior Alcohol Thread

I finally grabbed a bottle of orange label bulliet bourbon. Two ice cubes half melted brought the smoothness I like. My rule for whiskey is nothing with a screw on cap. Only beer I buy is Miller high life My favorite rum is pyrat with brugal dark a close second.

I finally grabbed a bottle of orange label bulliet bourbon. Two ice cubes half melted brought the smoothness I like. My rule for whiskey is nothing with a screw on cap. Only beer I buy is Miller high life My favorite rum is pyrat with brugal dark a close second.

I'm not much of a rum drinker but my wife loves Ron Zacapa rum. I tried it too and it's damn good rum, I'm just more of a rum and coke guy so no need to waste high end rum for a mixer.

There's green, orange and black label Bulleit in there somewhere.

It's a liquor cabinet that my wife's family bought while they were stationed in Germany. The top has wings that fold out to the sides and there is a rail and foot rest on the back that you can't see in the picture. Not sure what the brand is, but made in Germany in the 70's. Here's a view with the doors open....yes we are stocked up:flipoff2:

Yep, that's a nice cabinet. The kind of furniture I like. It's functional and simple, looks high quality. I like how it has champagne flute holders. Neat German stuff, I wonder if it's mass-produced. Used to be you could get mass-produced, high-quality furniture. Now it's all Ikea or IChina.

I'm not much of a rum drinker but my wife loves Ron Zacapa rum. I tried it too and it's damn good rum, I'm just more of a rum and coke guy so no need to waste high end rum for a mixer.

There's green, orange and black label Bulleit in there somewhere.

I'm a guy who gets 'asthma' from drinking rum. Everybody likes Capt and Coke, but I can't even drink one. But, I can drink clear rum and over the last year, did about 3 bottles of clear bacardi and ginger beer. Dark n Stormies. Ginger beer is so g-d good. Canada Dry came out with a 'dark' ginger ale, but not the same as a good Jaican ginger beer. Fresh citrus is the key.

My two "go to" beers are both Ninkasi...Total Domination and Tricerahops....nom fucking nom...
Wife brought me home some Makers the other day...which was kinda funny because I can still count the number of times shes gone to the liquor store in the past 20 years...

photo13461.jpg

photo13460.jpg

I'm a guy who gets 'asthma' from drinking rum. Everybody likes Capt and Coke, but I can't even drink one. But, I can drink clear rum and over the last year, did about 3 bottles of clear bacardi and ginger beer. Dark n Stormies. Ginger beer is so g-d good. Canada Dry came out with a 'dark' ginger ale, but not the same as a good Jaican ginger beer. Fresh citrus is the key.

Yeah, I get kinda asthmatic from certain alcohol myself. I can't drink Modelo, I'll get all wheezy and my neck starts itching something bad.

Yeah, I get kinda asthmatic from certain alcohol myself. I can't drink Modelo, I'll get all wheezy and my neck starts itching something bad.

It's something in the Modelo. I'm not sure I like that beer. It's bitter and clean, but I'm not sure it's consistent. I gave up drinking it in about 1991, could be better now. It could also be bootleg beer, I only drank it in Mexico. I remember bootleg Coronas in TJ back then. They would be filled to different levels and be different colors in the same 6-pack :lmao:

Haven't had this stuff since the 1980s

8uFM470.jpg

The liquor store downtown actually managed to get a couple cases of Heady Topper. A fellow caddie works there and asked if I wanted a 4some. I said fuck yes I want a 4. Probably having one with lunch.

I'll look out for that, sounds good. So you're a caddie huh?

I tried cigars a little bit, too expensive, so I got a corn cob pipe and some cheap tobacco. Then I got this stuff, it's like the difference between Military Special Scotch and a good single malt.

gA8UOmj.jpg

I'll look out for that, sounds good. So you're a caddie huh?

I tried cigars a little bit, too expensive, so I got a corn cob pipe and some cheap tobacco. Then I got this stuff, it's like the difference between Military Special Scotch and a good single malt.

gA8UOmj.jpg

I do caddie but not now, my sleep schedule is all fucked from switching from getting up at 3 or 4am to now working til 3 am. It is sorta kicking my ass..

Busch Light. Shiner Bock/Michelob Amberbock. And Jim Beam. That's pretty much it. The occasional Michelob Golden Light or Bud Light. I hate craft beer with a fucking passion.

Also, whatever is free and cold. As long as it's not some snooty shit.

Bourbon barrel aged stouts, hazy IPA's and Naturdays's to help take the fuzz off the next morning are pretty much my habit. Jameson for shots.

OK.....Makers and diet Canaduh Dry gingerale isnt terrible :laughing:

You sound like my wife. " I want a drink, but I need something to mix it with".

I drink mine with water. I dont see the use in wasting time and other ingredients when your after the alcohol to begin with.

I also sound like a former bartender and someone who preps volume for large groups. Got another one for you since that apparently was too much work...a 12 pack of keystone light, a liter of Smirnoff, and a small container of pink lemonade powder over ice. For 2 dozen on a 4hr float down the river or day on the lake... perfect additive to their beer of choice.

Last edited:
Montucky]

Guy at my local store was pushing that. Pretty sure he's a functioning alcoholic that has worked in bars and retail booze his whole life. They sell 24 oz singles now, and have it boxes and singles consistently. It's the craft equivalent of Steel Reserve.

Founder's All Day and Miller Lite are staples in my fridge. Flavor of the week rotates seasonally. Lately, it's been shandys, gose, and hazy IPA's that my beer wench calls "orange juice beer."

Summer technically just started, and I'm already ready for cooler nights when the whiskey starts tasting good again. My BIL gave me a bottle of Jameson 18 year for Christmas. I'll be buying more of that as soon as I see it in store again.

s-l300.jpg
007336018754.jpg

Yard work or at the lake, Lone Star. Nobody will touch it in the cooler and I kinda like it.

I also sound like a former bartender and someone who preps volume for large groups. Got another one for you since that apparently was too much work...a 12 pack of keystone light, a liter of Smirnoff, and a small container of pink lemonade powder over ice. For 2 dozen on a 4hr float down the river or day on the lake... perfect additive to their beer of choice.

Well whatever floats your boat I guess. I have worked with the public at a counter for close to 20 years for the most part. I feel kinda like I have met and talked to enough strangers to fill a life time. I dont mind meeting people with the same interests as myself outside of work, but I would be making tracks away from a crowd that big. I don't care if the drinks were on the house. As I get older I become more and more antisocial I suppose.

It's a liquor cabinet that my wife's family bought while they were stationed in Germany.

That's cool. Here's one my wife bought about 20 years ago. It came from some third world shithole and was built by peasant labor from old oxcart parts or some shit. It has the fold out wings too. I like it.

Bar2.jpg

I wanted to post just to keep the lameness of this thread going. This thread just sucks. What's the point? I like Bud Light and shit tobacco in a $3 cob, just like the next guy, but COME ON! I truly enjoy a nice whisky and Frog Morton in a Nording sitter or a good cigar. Why would people come here to brag that they like the cheapest worst shit on the planet?

I rarely drink, but in colder months I like Founder's All Day IPA, or Dogfish Head IPA's. In the summer I like Shandys. Linenkuegels is good.

I like beer, typically drink Coors tan cans but lately I've been on a cider kick. In fact, I'm drinkin a Two Towns marionberry as I type.

Top Back Refresh